[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1698492969845313.png (248 KB, 1235x1760)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
>DNA testing confirms that he and hundreds of other mummies found in Xinjiang's Tarim Basin are of European origin. We don't know how he got there, what brought him there or how long he and his kind lived there. And as the desert's name suggests, he never came out.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/silk-road-yields-up-a-celtic-mystery-1.1042587
>>
>>16535284
>2006
>irish times
>celts in china
>today, we can say that the IE influence in china was, at least, very insignificant.
>wezuers
Dude? Take easy will you
>>
>>16535300
I forgot to say;
The tarim mummies was literally ANE mummies, not a kind of IE people.
>>
>>16535307
If Shem and Japheth were brothers
>>
>>16535284
Fuck man. The Chinese were visited by Ancient Aryans too.
>>
>>16535317
did you think buddhism is chinese?
>>
>>16535315
>Shem and Japheth
Are fictional characters.
>>
>>16535317
Not
>>
>>16535323
Hol' up. You sayin' dat we all got a visit by the ancient aryans?
>>
>>16535300
>sperging out like a retard
>false implications
>cannot answer the question
Turn off the PC bro.
>>16535312
How did they get there? Historians and Encyclopedias contend Silk road trading only started around ~110 BC. Of course I welcome any explanations by historians for the Xinjiang Celts, but I haven't read any yet.
>>
>>16535300
>2006
And? What do you mean?
>>
>>16535338
>>16535341
>>16535338
There are no Celts in China
the onus is yours
The most IE we had there were 3 tribes, probably Afanasievo.
There's no Indo-Europeans in ancient China.
there is no R1b and R1A in northern China east of western Gansu, where some IE occupation is assumed to have occurred.
yet in Gansu, the same R1a is only 8%, R1b even less.
I don't know exactly why, but it's probably because Yuezhi and Quanrong were natives before they were "conquered".
and The Shang and Xia dynasties never included western Gansu, their western border was Shaanxi... that is, this is outside of any foreign border.
>>
>>16535338
>How did they get there? Historians and Encyclopedias contend Silk road trading only started around ~110 BC. Of course I welcome any explanations by historians for the Xinjiang Celts, but I haven't read any yet.
yea they just weren't celts
>The Tarim mummie's Y-DNA was overwhelmingly Haplogroup R1A
it's probably some late tocharian bullshit
>>
>>16535354
Oh you don't believe in DNA testing, you should have said that right away. In that case you do not add any value to this thread.
>>
>>16535284
Was that before historians and archaeologists knew of the Tarim Basin Tocharians, using terms such as Celts as a convenient stand-in, just because a lot of them wore plaid and striped clothing, and some of them had red hair?
>>
>>16535410
The idea of this thread is to answer the question. Not ask a question yourself.
>>
>>16535425
I'm sorry. I was trained to always answer a question with another question, sometimes two. Anyhow, how well known were the Tocharians up until recently? I find the idea of considering them to have been Celts quite quaint, archaeologically and historically.
>>
>>16535354
There were plenty in Mongolia.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.