[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is there any religion where piracy is a sin/wrong?
>>
>>16535496
Well, most religions consider stealing wrong, which is the original meaning of "piracy"
But you obviously mean software piracy, which just amounts to copying data, which isn't forbidden per se as far as I'm aware
>>
>>16535496
I translated and pasted this answer from a jewish question board :

Good morning,

It is prohibited to hack a Deezer account if, normally, it is paid for.

"The subject of patents and copyrights is a complex subject in Halacha, because it involves spiritual property, not physical property.

According to Rav Elyashiv and Rav Wozner, there is true “ownership” of intellectual property, that is, of a work, a patent or computer programming and the like. Rav Nissim Karelitz believes that this does not belong to the question of ownership, because there is no ownership, and it can only be a subject of "Yorèd Léoumanouto" - engaging in the same art or profession than that of his friend [this is prohibited for many reasons] -, or prohibited by the laws of the country, which have imposed restrictions on competition or the use of intellectual property.

You can also consult this answer: https://www.torah-box.com/question/quelle-musique-utiliser-en-donnant-des-cours-de-danse_57346.html

Behatsla’ha."
>>
>>16535496
It's the gravest sin in the capitalist religion
>>
>>16536651
Thanks anon
>>
>>16535496
You wouldn't download bread
>>
>>16535496
everything is a sin in islam so yes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.