[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is this the most laughable military campaign in history? They failed hard and kept having a back and forth with the Goths which devastated italy only to lose everything to the Lombards right afterwards
>>
It must have been epic for a whole generation of eastern romans to finally go back to the motherland only to destroy it.
I wonder what if Belisarius becoming WRE had been the original goal of Justinian. What if he had allow it?
>>
>>16536670
Silence Germoid
>>
i'm getting pretty tired of this pasty krautlet and his impotent fits of rage against italy.
>>
>>16536670
no?
they took advantage of the peace they secured with the sassanids to destroy 2 hostile and illegitimate snownigger kingdoms that could have been a threat later on
they didn't lose "everything" to the lombards, they retained africa till the arab invasion and south italy all the way till the 11th century
>>
>>16536823
Not in 717 AD lol
>>
>>16536761
>>16536749
>modern buzzword
OP right tho
>>
>>16536749
>>16536761
retards
>>
>>16536823
>they didn't lose "everything" to the lombards
they lost most of italy
>they retained africa till the arab invasion
a few decades
>south italy all the way till the 11th century
most of south italy was under the duchy of Benevento. Byzantines had Bari
>>
>>16537063
>i agree with you
>i agree with you
>i agree with you
very useful post anon, thanks
>>
>>16536749
Italian Ostrogothica was Roman ruled with the Goths allowing the Romans to hold every position, the Lombard's absolute wrecked the surviving Romans and made them all serfs and destroyed the literacy still found in Italy at the time. tldr, Gayreeks killed the Latin west so Krauts could rule it without sharing power with the Latins
>>
>>16537109
Typical balkan fag literacy, atleast you arent a smelly brown Iberian, thank God for that much anon
>>
>>16537109
You're claiming byzantines were successful. I am claiming they weren't
>>
>>16537140
grim if true

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.