[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The main reason Cromwell still makes modern Bongs seethe is because he got away with everything. He killed the king, abolished the monarchy and House of Lords, undermined Parliament, made himself military dictator, fucked the Royalists, fucked the Irish, fucked the Scots, fucked the Welsh, never lost a battle, started some foreign conflicts that he all won, and then died of natural causes just short of 60, never suffering any recompense for his actions.

At least people who hate Napoleon can take pleasure in the fact he died defeated and in exile on a far-off island. At least people who hate Hitler can take pleasure in the fact he shot himself in the end while everything he built was crumbling around him. At least people who hate Osama can take pleasure in the fact he and his buddy Zawahiri both got murked in the end, and al-Qaeda's extinct. What can people who hate Cromwell take pleasure in? That nigga won, and even though there's still a king in Britain, Cromwell's legacy and ambition ultimately live on.
>>
>>16543321
>The main reason Cromwell still makes modern Bongs seethe
He doesn’t.
>>
Why the fuck would anyone (other than some taig bogtrotters) seethe about Cromwell you stupid cunt?
>>
File: New Model Army.jpg (440 KB, 1600x1200)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
The current day British military is still literally Cromwell's New Model Army lol
>>
File: cruel.jpg (3.12 MB, 4096x3239)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>16543345
Other than paddies, buttblasted royalists still seethe. Even the statue of him outside Parliament was controversial and most Conservative MPs opposed it, in the end it was paid for by private funds rather than by Parliament itself.
>>
>>16543321
Cromwell was based for allowing Jews back to England and worshiping them as God's chosen people
>>
>>16544401
Not exterminating Jews isn’t the same as worshipping them you dumb nigger
>>
>>16544425
Cromwell was literally philosemitic and thought that they were God's chosen people who were going to convert in two more weeks
>>
It's fine your average 17th century warlord doing the same things Guatavous Adolphus, Philip 2 and every other military man of the time was doing has become proto Hitler to the irish
>>
>Dancing, poker and Christmas is....le bad.

What a nonce
>>
>>16544432
I’m gonna convert you into a fleshlight
>>
>>16543345
>Why the fuck would anyone (other than some taig bogtrotters) seethe about Cromwell
Cathocucks, monarchist LARPers. Also, /pol/acks like to blame the return of Jews to England entirely on Cromwell, even though the Stewarts had also promised to let them in and rejected every petition to banish them again after the Restoration.
>>
>>16544425
>>16544869
Oliver Cromwell’s “New Army” was made up of some locals plus some German mercenaries first brought in on ships by the Marrano Jews from Lisbon and Copenhagen for revolution in England, then later in France.
>>
>>16544603
>noooo, you can't make a nation that says it's christian actually uphold christian values!!
>this is heckin proto-fascism!!!
>>
>>16543321
As a Catholic, can I insist on the destruction of every Cromwell statue like the blacks do with American heroes in the US?
>>
>>16545677
I'm sure Cromwell would agree with you, he was anti-statue too.
>>
>>16543321
>The main reason Cromwell still makes modern Bongs seethe
Uh, what?
The Irish seethe at him because it's part of their national identity to have been oppressed by the English, so they keep that hatred alive in their culture because it's so deeply ingrained in their sense of self.
Brits however are ignorant as shit about their own history and literally don't even know wtf the Civil Wars were about really. I guarantee you 90% of average Joes in the streets of Ingurland don't know anything about Cromwell aside from "he's the guy who banned Christmas"
>>
>>16545641
The Bible doesn't say anything against those 3 things.
>>
>>16545641
>celebrating christmas is anti christian
>dancing is le bad
I will agree on gambling though
>>
>>16546442
Christmas is a holiday centered around tree worship, taken from celtic and germanic traditions.
>>
He was the first Emperor of the British Empire and thus the world
>>
>>16545830
i've heard the perspective on Cromwell tends to be positive in England (i mean there is a statue of him outside parliament and he founded the modern government) but its completely negative from irish.
As for everything you can't trust irish opinion.
>>
>>16543326
They absolutely do.
>>
>>16543321
>modern Bongs
you mean irish
>>
>>16543321
His post hummus execution is arguably the pettiest moment in human history. It makes me cringe everytime I think about it. This man really made them seethe lol
>>
>>16543321
any good youtube videos on english civil war?
>>
>>16544399
>(((private funds)))?
>>
>>16545694
I have no idea who this guy even is (I am American) and already he sounds incredibly based
>>
>>16547191
Are you Irish American?
>>
>>16544914
And in fact Cromwell would have had them converted if he had lived longer (the next Lord
Protector, perhaps Richard as in OTL, would likely have continued this effort)
>>
>>16547196
no
>>
>>16547204
Are you catholic?
>>
Cromwell by all rights should be an incredibly popular figure among Americans.
Yet he isn't for some mysterious reason, the reason being the Irish conspiracy imbedded in America, the Irish don't like him for made up reasons, do they insist no one should.
Yet Cromwell is a revolutionary figure like a proto-American revolutionary
>>
>>16544376

current day USA is still literally Cromwell's English Republic, by intentional design from America's Founding Fathers. In many ways Cromwell is what the UK needed to be to prevent the USA from existing.
>>
>>16547295

>Yet he isn't for some mysterious reason

wouldn't really say "isn't" as all wasp/old blood families know who he is, what he stood for, and why he was such an important influence on the Founders. The entire English Civil War is the foundation of English Literature and US Government and both are taught as college level courses especially in rich ivy league universities. Although, most Americans aren't white, protestant, live in new england, attend college or attend an elite college.
>>
>>16544869
Mega based.
>>
>>16544432
Source?
>>
>>16547304
everyone learns about cromwell in middle school and high school you fucking twat
>>
>>16544399
>Other than paddies
I assumed we were talking about people.
>>
>>16547250
no
I just said I liked him because he sounds like some sort of proto napoopan/hitler/stalin who is just obsessed with minmaxing his IRL paradox game
>>
>>16543345
He was a usurper tyrant who sold England to the Jews and therefore doomed all of humanity. Basically a fairy tale villain
>>
>>16547792
The British empire was literally at its peak when a Jew was in charge of it.
>>
>>16548399
British empire was at its peak under Salisbury, who was a far better prime minister.
Besides, Disraeli was a Christian.
>>
>>16548771
So Cromwell was right about jewish Britons gradually converting?
>>
>>16547769
>proto
napoopan (loser)/hitler (loser)/stalin (nonce) were imitators
>>
>>16547769
>minmaxing his IRL paradox game
I respect people who do this. It's been too long since a leader who wasn't a total faggot like Putin tried to make their country more groß.
>>
>>16548399
Yeah and then it burned down all of Europe and destroyed itself handing power over to the US and USSR. The British Empire doomed humanity. This would not have happened if it had developed under Aryan rather than Jewish lines
>>
>>16549689
Did the Anglo-Hebrews mind control the Germans to start both World Wars or something?
>>
>>16549835
The two global German-British wars were both started by Britain
>>
>>16549689
The ne you can thank for handing power to the USSR was Hitler. he carved up Poland with Staling, thus giving the soviets a new gateway into Europe. He could have prevented another world war if he hadn't been so autistic over Danzig.
>>16551247
Did Britain force Germany to invade Belgium?
>>
>>16543321
Oliver Basedwell
>>
>>16547389

I didn't

note: I live in metro atl
>>
>>16551386
The USSR was going to invade Poland regardless because they wanted all of Ukraine and Belarus
England chose to get involved in two wars that did not concern her whatsoever. If it wanted to survive in the long term, England should have stayed out of continental wars and allied itself to the strongest continental power, which was Germany
>>
>>16551471
brauch? the focus? british bombers? cardboard box? norway? 1916? the alamo?
>>
File: excuseme.jpg (91 KB, 630x702)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>16543321
>>
>>16547176
The private donor was in fact the Liberal Prime Minister himself, the Earl of Rosebery. He was married to a Rothschild.
>>
File: 1576369736764.jpg (296 KB, 750x488)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
Was his 425th birthday yesterday
>>
>>16543321
Cromwell's view among Bongs has gone back and forth greatly since his death. Bongs only really seethed at him for about a hundred years. Since then he's oscillated between a Faustian hero (Thomas Carlyle), a proto-Fascist, or a function of the Marxist economic progress of history arriving earlier than elsewhere in Europe (Christopher Hill). In any case the average person on the street probably just vaguely associates him with lobster pot helmets and musket battles. There's no seethe against him outside of a small portion of the intelligentsia.
>>
>>16543321
If someone wrote Cromwell in a fantasy book or whatever, so many people would say he's a Gary Stu.
>>
>>16551910
happy berfday ollie

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.