[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: branches2.png (229 KB, 988x699)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>christianity splits up into dozens to hundreds of competing denominations, each are more or less exclusivist to each other
Why did the Christian God allow this to happen to his religion?

Imagine if you were a loincloth-wearing jungle man with limited contact with civilization, and your only version of the Gospel came from American cultists who treat the KJV Bible like Muslims do the Arabic Quran
>>
>>16543705
Everyone who's in the wrong denomination is going to hell btw
>>
>>16543707
What if it doesn't matter and what's important is your actions? Crazy, huh?
>>
>>16543707
This is what 4th degree conservatives (what I call "hyper-fundamentalists"), believe. Denominational exclusivity. Which historically speaking some reformers believed to some degree. (skip to 6:10)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PdegPw5NcA&t=335s
>>
>>16543705
Same reason presumably that God allows wars and drunk driving and any manner of bad decisions — free will.
>>
>>16543712
That implies that you don't need to be a Christian.
>>
>>16543744
But all those actions were predestined to happen since day 1 of creation.
>>
>>16543705
I personally think that a lot of stuff we fight over is actually so minor that it doesn't actually matter to God.
>>
>>16543829
Almost like Christianity (as well as abrahamism in general) is philosophically ridiculous and the god described in Christianity is intensely evil. The thinking Christian can reasonably choose between Calvinism or Gnosticism. Everything else is cope.
>>
why does God allow anything?

Jesus mentioned this would happen
>>
>>16544080
I don't really see how that connects to what I said. It's more of a problem with us than anything.
>>
>>16544091
That 5% of people are constitutional psychopaths, incapable of empathy or remorse is not “allowed”, it’s caused.
>>
>>16543705
Jews subvert it then
>splits to reestablish truth
Jews subvert again
>split to reestablish truth
Jews subvert again
Jews subvert again
Jews subvert again
Then for no reason at all suddenly Hitler got voted into power
>>
>>16545063
Meant for>>16543744
>>
>>16545073
The people who idenfity as Jews do not have an actual connection to the Biblical people group.
>>
File: 32128c92a.png (435 KB, 698x648)
435 KB
435 KB PNG
>>16543705
>Why did the Christian God allow this to happen to his religion?
It didn't. Just read the Bible and you will see that all of these groups are breaking the most basic tenets, and only Baptists and their credobaptist congregationalist predecessors who stuck close to the Bible have been doing it right this whole time. They are also the source of the Received text by the way, not Catholicism which always tried to corrupt it.

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
- Matthew 16:18

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also."
- John 15:18-20

"Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out."
- Luke 13:23-28
>>
>>16543744
Yet he did not allow the original testament teachings to split into 100 different religions. And he has never allowed his name to be used by charlatans in mega churches to scam the people. His name has been kept so sacred that only handful of righteous people invoke it and his teachings have been so well kept that only a handful of wise people obey it. Many get the calling but at the end of the days only a handful of people get chosen.
>>
>>16544080
>intensely evil.
Criminals always think the law is evil.
>>
>>16545727
Rebels always think discipline is oppression.
>>
>>16545073
>TEH JOOZ
why do you people come to Christian threads to announce your hatred of Christ?
>>
>>16545073
>99.9% of the sects of my religion are jewish subversion, we are the sole exception -Every sect
Astonishing
>>
>>16543705
>each are more or less exclusivist to each other
Not really, especially not for Protestants.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.