[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1673635940458.png (102 KB, 500x227)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
The great debate
>>
>>16801642
Would the Qin be considered legalistic?
>>
>>16801642
Confucius was black Plato
>>
>>16801649
It was THE legalist dynasty other than Mao, stupid.
>>
>>16801656
Sorry
>>
File: Shang Yang.jpg (358 KB, 800x1189)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>uhhh there should be laws... and people should be punished if they break them
wow such philosophy
>>
>>16801642
They are a part of the chinese trinity. Legalism was the framework of the government and laws. Confucianism was the framework of ethics and value of the society. Finally daoism was the framework of the self and spirituality. All played their part.
>>
>>16801642
All of them >>16801783
>>
>>16801642
Both legalism ( an eastern form of pragmatism) and taoism (an eastern form of liberalism) are both a reaction against confucius
>>
confucianism is a dumb excuse of lazy and corrupt nobles who spend all days lying on bed anticipating their oppressed wives and slaves work for them for free with no complaint.
>>
>>16802800
Where did you get this idea from?

>>16801656
>>16801661
well that was unnecessarily aggressive

Y'know I kind of miss the old days when China threads were comfy neutral grounds everyone could participate in. We could leave our baggage behind and just enjoy the setting and characters. It's become aggressive and patronizing.
>>
>>16801677
and yet a disturbingly high amount of people on this earth still can't seem to follow and implement those basic fundamentals on a regular basis. funny, that.
>>
>>16802811
>Y'know I kind of miss the old days when China threads were comfy neutral grounds everyone could participate in
That was before the Chyna Brainrot really started to set in amongst American posters in particular. Alas, a disease far worse than COVID.

The very concept of China, a massive ancient centralized nonwhite empire that doesn't like them one bit, inspires a profound uneasiness and paranoid frustrated jumpiness that Americans used to reserve for either the Soviet Union, or maybe in a milder form against Japan during its 1980s economic boom.

Pair that with the fact that the mental coherence of many posters on this site is already very shaky and fragile as it is, and you've got a recipe for nonstop screeching shitflinging on any China related thread.
I wish we had more balanced China threads as well, but sadly, i don't think that's possible anymore like it was until 2019 or so.
>>
>>16802852
>randomly seethes about Americans

Another chink classic
>>
>>16802875
That was really fucking bizarre. That bullshit right there is what I'm talking about. He's not Chinese, he's something else though. He was also wrong about everything and that didn't help, from his racist views of Americans to the nostalgia we have for other powers.
>>
>>16802875
>pissy, bratty response with zero substance
Thanks for providing a perfect little case study
>>
>>16802908
>He was also wrong about everything and that didn't help
No I’m not. I think I’m one hundred percent right in saying that the nervousness western peoples in general, and Americans in particular feel is a mixture of the military/geopolitical nervousness that the USSR once inspired, mixed with the nervousness about economic competition that Japan in the ‘80s inspired. I don’t see how this isn’t incredibly obvious for you as it is for me.

one can’t be racist towards Americans btw, America is a mixed melting pot of many races. Pajeet, Arab, Mexican, Native, Puerto Rican, Italian, Irish, etc
>>
>>16802920
feel *towards modern China, sorry
>>
>>16802920
No, American is an ethnicity. Only the Old Stock are Americans.
>>
>>16803007
>No, American is an ethnicity
In theory of days past, maybe. Nowadays, it’s a patchwork quilt of second world ethnicities.
>>
>>16803007
This.
>>
>>16803021
Where I'm at, we're all Old Stock. Dysfunctional ""Scots-Irish"" wiggers? Maybe. But still old stock.
>>
>>16801783
chinese is a race of soulless bug human
>>
>>16804368
Another case in point.
>>
>>16801642
DAOISM 100%

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.