[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: shia and catholicism (1).png (1.37 MB, 1356x3000)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
What are the historic reasons behind the strange similarities between Shia Islam and Roman Catholicism?

Both have been heavily influenced by native paganism (Roman paganism for Catholicism, Persian paganism for Shia), have an emphasis on religious imagery (which is condemned as idolatry by Protestants and Sunnis), have focus on authority of imans/priests (compared to Salafis or evangelicals, who are often strongly "sola scriptura") etc.

Shia isalm is effectively an entirely different religion to Sunni Islam (many Sunnis would say it is), in the same way that Catholicism is effectively an entirely different religion to Protestant Christianity.
>>
Both really worship Satan
>>
A combination of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

with this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
>>
>>16801800
>if I stick my head in the sand then everything will be ok
>>
>>16801800
Have no fear, José, twas just a fun thread. Your one true church will never fall, so can relax while you pray your daily misbaha - sorry, I mean rosary.
>>
>>16801761
>strange similarities between Shia Islam and Roman Catholicism
they're not similar. Shia Islam absorbed Mesopotamian (Tammuz) and Iranian (Mithra) pagan cults.
>>
>>16801964
>Shia Islam absorbed Mesopotamian (Tammuz) and Iranian (Mithra) pagan cults.
And Roman Catholicism absorbed Roman pagan cults. Clearly Shia Islam and Roman Catholicism are much more influenced by paganism than Sunni Islam or Protestantism.
>>
File: tamurlane.jpg (19 KB, 360x463)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>16801964
>>16801979
You people are retarded, Iran was not Shia until the Safavids
>>
>>16802047
Huh? How does that contradict either of the posts you responded to
>>
>>16802047
>You people are retarded, Iran was not Shia until the Safavids
You've been BTFO so many times already. Iran was alreafy shia for centuries at that point. I would post the traveller accounts that mention the shia in iran and the shia majority areas, the shia dynasties, and the shia movements but that doesn't seem to stop you from posting your bs.
>>
Does anyone have that "let me copy your homework" meme about Catholicism and Shia Islam
>>
>>16802297
>>
>>16802310
Thank you
>>
This is why Shia is better than Sunni. I'm not even Muslim or Catholic and I know it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.