[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1706154699417574.png (471 KB, 641x826)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
North Korea did not properly declare war according to international law when they invaded South Korea. On June 25, 1950, North Korean forces crossed the 38th parallel and launched a surprise attack on South Korea, initiating the Korean War. This invasion was conducted without a formal declaration of war.

Under international law, particularly the principles enshrined in the United Nations Charter, the use of force by one state against another is generally prohibited unless it is in self-defense or authorized by the UN Security Council. North Korea's invasion of South Korea did not meet these criteria, and there was no formal declaration of war made prior to the attack.

The invasion led to a swift response from the United Nations, with the UN Security Council passing Resolution 82, which called for an immediate cessation of hostilities and the withdrawal of North Korean forces. When North Korea did not comply, the UN authorized the formation of a multinational force to assist South Korea, marking one of the first major military actions under the auspices of the United Nations.
>>
>>16803042
Declare war on what? Trying to reunify rebel provinces backed by an opposing imperialist power?
>>
>>16803042
>>16803108
Kim Il Sung’s Democratic Confederation of Koryo idea was genius and should have been implemented.

North stays Commie and south stays capitalist but the foreign troops leave both nations and there is a confederation of judges from both nations who decide transit and tourism. Also the UN get involved if either state invaded the other thus promising protection to both.
>>
>>16803108
South Korea was recognized by the UN General Assembly in 1948 under Resolution 195, the only reason why they didn't join was because the USSR vetoed it. Don't try to peddle some meme that South Korea was illegitimate. They were just as legitimate as North Korea who were propped up by Communist China and the USSR.
>>
>>16803042
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW LE RULES AND REGULATIONS THAT'S NOT HECKIN' WHOLESOME CHUNGUS.
>>
>>16803119
>launchs a sneak attack that gets millions of people killed
>ok, ok I know I fucked up..... truce?

lol no, fuck off

>>16803137
Yes, exactly. you have to follow international law or you'll:

Make no territorial gains
Get every standing structure in your country flattened
Get 1.5 million of your followers killed
Become an embargoed pariah state

Simple as
>>
Ok, but don't complain when your country gets bombed to smithereens for ignoring international laws.
>>
>>16803160
>Yes, exactly. you have to follow international law or you'll:
>Make no territorial gains
>Get every standing structure in your country flattened
>Get 1.5 million of your followers killed
>Become an embargoed pariah state
You sound like a libtard
>>
File: 1707951897858610.png (437 KB, 750x644)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
>You sound like a libtard
>>
>>16803527
I'm not a communist or a leftist of any variant
>>
File: frog.jpg (20 KB, 306x306)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>16803623
Some men just want to watch le world burn
>>
>where's your permit?
Excuse me?
>Where is your permit to conquer this enemy nation?
>>
>>16803162
t. >>16803839
>>
>>16803839
And here's what happens to your capitol when you don't have an invadin loicense
>>
>>16803882
Noooo the humanity our holy economyyyyyy noooooooo
>>
>>16803123
North Koreans didn't think so lol
>>
>>16803160
The idea it was a sneak attack is retard, the build up on the border was massive and very well documented and North and South Korea launched invasions of eachother all the fucking time, like 6 months earlier the south invaded and made it half the way to Pyongyang.
>>
File: 1701788804970483.jpg (1.58 MB, 2580x1548)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>16804591
>North and South Korea launched invasions of each other all the fucking time
>like 6 months earlier the south invaded and made it half the way to Pyongyang

Let's see that source, because none of this is true from what I can see, as in it's blatant lies.

AT MOST there's info about border skirmishes, and the North astroturfing communist terror attacks in the South, but there's no evidence of the South "invading" the North "all the time".
>>
>>16803042
Okay but how do commies explain two thirds of pows going for fascist naziwan
>>
File: 1700422403817692.png (491 KB, 737x574)
491 KB
491 KB PNG
>>16804591
Me again. Why did you lie?
>>
>>16803042

The chinese left can't meme either, huh.
>>
File: korean war victory.png (1.84 MB, 1112x1598)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>>16804612

> Conspiracy was the Communists’ explanation. They consistently alleged that the United States plotted with Taiwan and South Korea to intimidate and coerce Communist prisoners. The Americans had “made use of the Chiang Kai-shek and Syngman Rhee special agents to perpetrate all kinds of criminal activities in the prisoner-of-war camps,” Chinese negotiator Chai Chengwen charged in Panmunjom.55
> Assuming the worst of the Americans, Chai asserted that “the only possible explanation” for the insistence on voluntary repatriation was an American scheme to use it “as a guise” to retain prisoners and to “turn them over to the Chiang Kai-shek brigands on Taiwan . . . for the purpose of enlarging the war and get[ting] more cannon fodder.”

https://www.sup.org/books/extra/?id=28625&i=Introduction.html

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.