[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

comfy hypatia thread

I know the IQ of this board has gone done considerably since the pol invasion, if you are a pol user, please leave my thread alone stick to your buck breaking containment threads.

Why are christians such animals? She was so virtuous, upheld christian values much better than the men who raped and butchered her. The world would be so much better off without judiasm, islam and christianity. Neoplatonism abased and hypatia is one of the only truly based females in history, so based that she was murdered, and people wonder why there aren't better women in the world, people they have historically been treated like dogs. hypatia my love, we still grieve for your suffering. anyone else love hypatia?
>>
File: 8ba.png (261 KB, 474x709)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>Christians under the leadership of a lector named Peter raided Hypatia's carriage as she was travelling home.[95][96][97] They dragged her into a building known as the Kaisarion, a former pagan temple and center of the Roman imperial cult in Alexandria that had been converted into a Christian church.[89][95][97] There, the mob stripped Hypatia naked and murdered her using ostraka,[95][98][99][100] which can either be translated as "roof tiles", "oyster shells" or simply "shards".[95] Damascius adds that they also cut out her eyeballs.[101] They tore her body into pieces and dragged her limbs through the town to a place called Cinarion, where they set them on fire
>>
«HYPATIA»: FICTIONAL CHARACTER CONSTRUCTED FROM SAINT CATHERINE OF ALEXANDRIA.
>>
>>16803689
>women can not do philosophy
hypachadet:
>really?
>>
>>16803689
>I know the IQ of this board has gone done considerably since the pol invasion, if you are a pol user, please leave my thread alone stick to your buck breaking containment threads.
Why tf would you sabotage your own thread? Use your noodle retard
>>
>>16803737
other way around, retard christian. Go read the bible and live in delulu land. nobody should have to talk to schizos like you
>>
>>16803689
>if you are a pol user, please leave my thread alone
Why? Not everybody on /pol/ is a woman-hater, OP.

I'm probably further right than Hitler, and yet I still think it's a tragedy that a mob of barbarians under the influence of Abrahamic lies murdered this exceptional woman.
>>
>>16803744

>other way around[...] [SIC]

NO.
>>
>>16803751
fuck off, i do not want you in my thread. Go back to your hivemind. None of you have anything interesting to offer and none of you have unique perspectives, you are as bad a christians. cant think for your self. Go read some plotinus and develop some awareness of how your insect life is full of hatred and the world will be better when you die. Kill yourself I don't like people like you
>>
>>16803755
yes your christian fanfiction is very historically accurate, what with all the miracles and what not. Thank god you come to the history board of 4chan to discuss your schizo babble, we love to have you hear to bring the IQ down even further, as if all the hateful pol users werent enough we have to deal with schizo babble too! keep your delusions to yourself
>>
>>16803776

THERE IS NULL ARCHÆOLOGICAL, AND SCRIPTURAL, EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF «HYPATIA OF ALEXANDRIA»; ALL THE IMAGES OF HER ARE CARTOONS, AND ALL HER ALLEGED CITATIONS ARE FICTIONAL.

«HYPATIA OF ALEXANDRIA» IS NOTHING BUT A FICTIONAL CHARACTER, THE PURPOSE OF WHICH IS TO PROMOTE THE IDEOLOGY OF THE PLATONISTS OF THE GLOBE; THE FEMINISTIC NICHE, IN PARTICULAR.
>>
File: rene guenon.jpg (106 KB, 520x800)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>16803794
ok bye. thanks for ruining my thread and this board. I'm done with this place. Maybe you should understand when people ask you to leave them alone, I didn't want you here, be respectful to people you cunt. Again, cheers for ruining my thread, I hope to never talk to you again, bye.
>>
>>16803811

I AM GLAD THAT I COULD BE USEFUL IN PREVENTING YOUR SPREAD OF MISINFORMATION, AT BEST; OF FEMINISTIC PROPAGANDA, AT WORST.

TRUTH PREVAILS.
>>
>>16803816
Not the guy you're responding to, but do you have a copy of your Mundus Millenialis [sic] anywhere? I want to read it but the old links don't work
>>
>>16803821

THE WEBSITE IS INACTIVE; I AM REWRITING THE ENTIRE THING.

THE WEBSITE SHOULD BE ACTIVE, AGAIN, NEXT MONTH, OR THE ONE AFTER THAT.
>>
I think the biggest shame is that Alexandria was one of the most important intellectual centers of the world but declined rapidly after Christianity and Islam.
>>
>>16803831

IT DECLINED BECAUSE THE IMPERIAL SYSTEM CEASED TO EXIST, AND THE INSTITUTIONS THAT MADE EVERYTHING WORK WERE NO LONGER OPERATIVE, AND BECAUSE ARABIAN BARBARIANS CONQUERED IT.

IF ANYTHING WAS PRESERVED FROM THAT CITY, IT IS DUE TO CHRISTIANITY.
>>
>>16803826
What is/would be the URL?
>>
>>16803831
Hypatia look like this though
>>
File: virgin_mary_1507767605.jpg (166 KB, 1280x1005)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>16803794
>>16803755
>>16803737
The style of these paintings is very lovely! Thanks for sharing!
>>
>>16803689
You know you guys can take two seconds to look up the story of Hypatia right? You know she was killed because she supported a rival Christian politician to the people who attacked her. Propaganda was spread about her which included claiming she was anti-Christian. This was used as justification for her murder. But the entire situation was a political issue, and the people on her side were Christians also. Anyways, stop reading pop history.
>>
>>16803689
Here's an entire series debunking the Hypatia retardation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SselOJQd2_4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqUy82EeBkE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95AAcjMB7Ps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoa4hydiLps
TL:DW she was most likely on her way to becoming a Christian herself.
>>
>>16804304
Not OP but citing extra credits is dumb religion aside.
>>
>>16803689
>The world would be so much better off without judiasm, islam and christianity.

If Europe adopted Neoplatonism instead of a semitic doomsday cult we would be a multi planetary species by now
>>
>>16804320
I fail to see why.
>>
>>16803816
>TRUTH PREVAILS
Said thea>>16803843
>IF ANYTHING WAS PRESERVED FROM THAT CITY, IT IS DUE TO CHRISTIANITY.
Justinian's laws persecuted philosophers, you lying piece of shit.
>>16803816
>TRUTH PREVAILS.
Said the shameless liar. The dumbest larper on all 4chan.
>>
>>16804346
Debunked:
https://historyforatheists.com/2017/07/the-destruction-of-the-great-library-of-alexandria/
https://historyforatheists.com/2020/07/the-great-myths-9-hypatia-of-alexandria/
>>
>>16804329
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymUEPKTEQaQ
>>
>>16804419
What does a game design video have to do with Hypatia?
>>
>>16803689
She was actually protected by the Christian establishment... in Constantinople. Her murder actually caused the Emperor to revoke the temporal authority of the Bishop of Alexandria.
>>
>>16804323
a man can dream. There was probably no other way of humanity to go, we are base and aggressive creatures. Just look at how much war buddhist civilisations still had, and buddhism may be the closest to neoplatonism
>>
>>16804437
It's a horrible take, so bad they knew it was ridiculous when they said it but they said it anyway. I just can't take them seriously as a source on anything after it.
>>
>>16804394
Incredibly stupid reply, try to be more specific next time and don't just post links, idiot.
>>16804444
Nope. Neoplatonism and other Pagan traditions influenced Copernicanism and modern science while Christianity opposed it.
>>
>>16803751
If she was truly exceptional, she would be born a man, not a woman.
>>
>>16804484
>Nope. Neoplatonism and other Pagan traditions influenced Copernicanism and modern science while Christianity opposed it.
Also debunked.
https://historyforatheists.com/2018/07/the-great-myths-6-copernicus-deathbed-publication/
>>
>>16804485
Ok, chud.
>>
>>16804513
Not debunked, you're a dishonest moron. Too retarded to use your own brain so use other people's.
>>
taking women seriously is a line that no sane man will ever cross, everything else is on the table though
even that octopus who chooses between options is more reliable
>>
Voltaire dickrider thread
he used this story as a polemic cudgel to attack Christianity in general, just like OP is doing and has been doing for years now

sage
>>
>>16803831
Alexandria was in steep decline long before Christianity established solid ties with the majority of the population there; the Serapeum in particular (the complex of temples containing the famed library of Alexandria) had been ransacked by violent Jewish, Greeks and even native Egyptian mobs for four centuries by the time the site was officially closed down in 325; furthermore, by that time most of the complex was effectively abandoned, with only the shrine to Serapis and the library operating, although the last one with what we'd define today as a skeleton crew. The Serapeum of Alexandria, by 325, was effectively used as a repository for artefacts, a fact that was used heavily by the bishop of Alexandria, Theophilus, in 391, when the Church acquired the right to the property and unearthed objects of phallic cults, which he publically exhibited in an ancient version of the Degenerate Art Exhibition, which incensed local pagans
>>
File: AveMariaDevsVvlt.png (1.53 MB, 1200x900)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>16803737
>>16803755
>>16803794
>>16803816
Holy Based

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.