[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1542885961135.jpg (54 KB, 647x404)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
What killed Christianity?
>>
it stopped being imposed on people by the threat of being burnt alive. Christiany spread like the plague killing as it went and making lives worse. The church lost its power, the power is in the government and world organisations now, it is not needed anymore. Christianity has always been dead, people were just playing with jesus corpse like a puppet show.
>>
i did
>>
>>16803720
The Jews making this world such a shit place that Christianity simply doesn't make sense anymore. Jesus will never be coming to save us. He isn't god. Once I learned about slave morality and dug deeper into the JQ, I can never return to Christ for as long as I live. The world has been a shit show for the last 2000 years.
>>
File: IMG_8076.png (537 KB, 1179x2556)
537 KB
537 KB PNG
>>16803731
There are still over 2 billion Christians
They are still the wealthiest religious organisations to exist
If you just get off the internet and pay attention to the world you’ll see all of this, it’s far from dead.
>>
>>16803720
What Nietzsche said basically.
>>
>>16803720
It was a vampire religion for the masses from the start. It was always going to transform into Calvinism and Lutheranism, two sides of the same coin that gave way to capitalism, an inherently globalist economic system that levels culture.
>>
A lot of people got tired of it. Moreover, moral degeneracy overrode Christianity, especially since people wanted to have their fun when the church leaned on keeping everyone busy from fears of temptations often found when we are idle. They also caught onto the obvious lies and the ridiculous, almighty strawman that is God.
>>
>>16804089
>If you just get off the internet and pay attention to the world you’ll see all of this, it’s far from dead.
In fucking Africa maybe...
>>
>>16803720
It wasn't killed what are you talking about?
>>
>>16804155
he means killed in some autistic symbolic Nietzschean way
>>
>>16804155
The church is impotent today.
>>
>>16804160
I'd argue the church is just a bunch of custodians at best. All you really need is to read the fucking book
>>
>>16803720
White people do.
>>
>>16804163
Moral fiber that can help one to be decent, but it fails in certain scenerios where only the most cruel will survive, yet many Christians of old were exceedingly cruel.
>>
>>16803720
the treasuries of rome
>>
>>16803720
People have changed their way of thinking. People are less likely to think in terms of magic jews living in the sky.
>>
Race worship
Nationalism
The French Revolution
Whatever else that can mark out "The West" from the Christendom preceding it
>>
>>16804089
>They are still the wealthiest religious organisations to exist
So your argument for Christianity is their material possessions. That shows it's already dead.
>>
>>16804198
That's literally been the argument for Christianity since the Nicene Creed to be fair
>>
>>16803720
Literacy. Once people could read the Bible for themselves in Greek, Latin or their Native Tongues, people soon realized what was written was not what was being preached. Real, Greek Christianity is suicidal-eunuch, gnostic weirdness, that Normies would never actually take part it, or appreciate it. Rome was always just an aesthetic army masquerading as a Church, and Protestantism finally came along and introduced reason, which sucked all the fun out of the room.

Jesus was a martyr and the Apostles all assumed it wouldn't last much more than their own lifetimes lifetimes. Then, Paul.....he fucked it all up right from the start by turning it into a pyramid scheme with a franchise set up in every town.

The real question is what will replace it? Nature abhors a vacuum.....
>>
>>16804209
For me it was the opposite. I was largely irreligious before I picked up a Bible and started reading it and got hooked on the old Hebrew and Gnostic weirdness and historic context. The Book of Revelations is absolutely insane from a literary standpoint. I recommend reading it while absolutely stoned on weed.
>>
>>16803720

Catholicism:
>constant leftwing signaling
>climate change and racism are now a sin
>take in more refugees
>losing followers in South America
>entire infrastructure is filled with homosexual marxists

Orthodox:
>state churches that Americans think is some huge bastion of trad christianity
>Orthodox countries are largely atheist
>If the state declares change the church must follow

Protestantism:
>Huge amount of fag worship
>most philosemetic out of the 3
>tons of crazy cults
>only growing in Africa and some South American converts
>most aesthetically ugly
>WASPs are no longer protestant and north euros are just about done with the Church

>What killed Christianity?

Itself, sorry there's no going back. This is it the inevitability of the flow of time. Those billions of Africans? You need to house them and let them into your countries- after all we're all brothers of Christ anon.
>>
>>16803720
Lack of appeal, improvement of material conditions and science

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.