[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: barbarossa.webm (3.8 MB, 1280x720)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB WEBM
Why did Hitler do it?
>>
He underestimated the power of communism.
>>
He underestimated the power of autism.
>>
He thought he could defy Napolean's mistake of dividing his forces. Nope. You don't send half your shit into Russia, especially not during winter.
>>
>>16804142
Retard
>>
>>16804069
he though that the USSR would collapse after losing 3+ million soldiers and an unconceivable amount of tanks, artillery, small arms, munitions etc in the 41 spring offensive. most other nations probably would have and did.
he did not count on the lend lease giving the soviets the ability to bring in millions upon millions of additional soldiers to the front lines and counter attack, essentially ending the german invasion. the vastness of russia was probably also underestimated as the logistics required to resupply german units at the front was a battle on all its own.
if the USSR was HAD to be taken, then i guess it was 41 or nothing. you have to know that many officers opposed the invasion partly due to the economic factors germany was facing at the time. soldiers were already becoming war weary / battle fatigued, and many of the divisions entering russia were already undermanned and under equipped. i guess they thought that longer they waited to decide the stronger the USSR would probably get. when you consider how depleted the german divisions were along with the insane logistics train, it really was amazing that they got as far as they did.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.