[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: M-Tannenberg-MAP.jpg (119 KB, 652x589)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Why did the Russians get BTFO so hard in WW1?
>>
>>16804730
unencrypted radio comms, commanders fucking each other over due to personal rivalries, general slavic incompetence. The muzhik soul is one of inherent melancholy and perfectly willing to throw himself into machine gun fire because thats just how things are
>>
>>16804730
Germany had the most advanced military on the planet. It wasn't about Russia being shit, just about Germany being really good. I'm sure Russia wasn't shittier than the rest of the world. Krauts as neighbors, not even once.
>>
>>16804730
As much people here are going to seeth after I say it again but Slavs are just not white
It’s like you arm a bunch of subsaharan niggers with rifles and sent them to attack the German imperial army, same result. If not Americans entering the war and Jewish communists sabotaging Germany Russians would be better off as German subjects since they clearly can’t rule themselves.
Current events in Ukraine prove my point
>>
>>16804730
rail density
>>
shit logistics, shit equipment, shit tactics, shit commanders, shit warplans, shit morale
basically the only thing russian had for them was that their country was enormous, thus making invasion a careful, delicate and slow process; and manpower
>>
>>16804730
Peak achievement of German military still worse than the legendary defeat of Napoleon. kek
>>
File: Battle of Kolubara.png (188 KB, 294x814)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>16804826
>>
>>16804819
>I'm sure Russia wasn't shittier than the rest of the world
It wasn’t much shittier if at all shittier than the rest of the world except France, Britain and Germany. Russian troops did all right and sometimes pretty well against Austro-Hungarian and ottoman forces in the south, two empires whose war effort was even shittier than Russia’s.
>>
>>16804826
>>16805568
Another (IMO better) example.
>>
bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.