[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fox sus.jpg (460 KB, 750x750)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
Why can christians eat pork and shellfish?
I don't get it.
>>
>>16805406

BECAUSE DIETARY RESTRICTIONS, OR PREDILECTIONS, ARE NOT FACTORS IN SALVATION; BEYOND THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DISGUSTING, THEY HAVE NO SOTERIOLOGICAL VALUE: IT IS NOT SINFUL, NOR VIRTUOUS, TO EAT PORK, AND SHELLFISH, OR TO ABSTAIN FROM THEM.
>>
>>16805406
These food were banned in OT because they were considered ritually impure. Christians believe that after Jesus' death ritual purity/impurity ceased to matter as signified by veil before Holy of Holies being torn.
In Acts there is also a passage where God tells Peter he may eat any animal he wants because they are all pure now.
>>
>>16805438
In Biblical times it made sense to ban those foods as there was no refrigeration and they were not safe to eat. Pork is a vehicle for trichinosis.
>>
>>16805446
True. Also pigs roll in mud and poop to keep themselves cool, especially in Hot climate such as Levant, no wonder people didn't want to eat them.
>>
>>16805406
Because there is no more physical nation of Israel in Canaan.
>>
>>16805406
New testament annulls the Jewish rules, that's why it's also fine for Christians to be homosexual
>>
Because Christianity is a joke of a "religion".
>>
>>16805438
So does this mean you are allowed to have sex with women during her period since the laws against what make you ritually impure are not really sins?
>>
>>16805529
Yes.
>>
>>16805540
So you believe the spirit of God will dwell in you while you stick your penis in a puddle of menstrual blood? Do you think your faith allows you to drink poison and not die? Of not then why would you believe you can eat pork or other unclean animals and not get contaminated or diseased? If it's OK to stick your penis in a vagina full of period blood then what is your argument against sticking your penis in a woman anus? I guess her feces won't contaminate you either.
>>
>>16805431
why are you always shouting
>>
>>16805456
Except other people in the area did eat them; it was entirely cultural
>>
>>16805438
>In Acts there is also a passage where God tells Peter he may eat any animal he wants because they are all pure now.
That's not what the vision was.
Peter was invited to eat with gentile Christians, and jewish Christians gave him shit for it because they still considered that Jews should segregate from Gentiles.
Then Peter had this dream where the God/angels brought down a banquet from heaven with all sorts of animals, including reptiles and bugs, and told him to eat.
He refused because those were impure foods, and the angel retorted basically "this is an heaven-sent feast that God himself made pure, why do you to refuse to eat?"
Peter explains that this vision was about the gentile Christians, since God made them pure through Christ there was no impurity in associating with them.
>>
>Uhh uhh!
Christianity is literally retcons and asspulls.
>>
>>16805779
The whole passage:

11 The apostles and the believers throughout Judea heard that the Gentiles also had received the word of God. 2 So when Peter went up to Jerusalem, the circumcised believers criticized him 3 and said, “You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them.”

4 Starting from the beginning, Peter told them the whole story: 5 “I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision. I saw something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners, and it came down to where I was. 6 I looked into it and saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things and birds. 7 Then I heard a voice telling me, ‘Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.’
8 “I replied, ‘Surely not, Lord! Nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.’
9 “The voice spoke from heaven a second time, ‘Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.’ 10 This happened three times, and then it was all pulled up to heaven again.

11 “Right then three men who had been sent to me from Caesarea stopped at the house where I was staying. 12 The Spirit told me to have no hesitation about going with them. These six brothers also went with me, and we entered the man’s house. 13 He told us how he had seen an angel appear in his house and say, ‘Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. 14 He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.’
15 “As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning. 16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said: ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ 17 So if God gave them the same gift he gave us who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could stand in God’s way?”
18 When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, even to Gentiles God has granted repentance that leads to life.”
>>
>>16805431
SO SPEAKETH CHRIST'S FUEHRER ON EARTH.
>>
File: blackpudding_rex.jpg (468 KB, 2048x1536)
468 KB
468 KB JPG
>>16805406
The real kicker is eating blood since acts 15 forbids that
>>
>>16805798
Gold told Israelites not to eat anything unclean with a thunderous voice from heaven that they all heard and feared and then promised that if they disobeyed the laws he gave he would destroy them. But then sent the message that it was now OK for them to eat bugs and reptiles to a random man in secret and they should all believe him.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.