[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What's your opinion on historical role of Brazil? Is it destined to be a superpower in the future? Just think about all the economic resources it has (especially natural ones), the sheer area it covers, its population and many more points. It's one of the few countries in the world with a high growth potential (with the highest population growth and one of the highest economic ones). For sure it has it's flaws, but it can certainly do more for the benefit of it's people (Brazilians seem to have good potential). The "painful" past has its lessons for future generations.
>>
Their women are really hot, they like playing map games, and as an American I feel we are kindred spirits
>>
>>16806634
Brazil is doomed to remain a plantation economy as long as the US exists.
>>
anyone been to rio? is it safe/fun? thinking of visiting with a friend
>>
O BRASIL JAMAIS MEDRARÁ COMO POTENÇA POLÍTICA MUNDIAL ENQUANTO ESTIVER SUBORDINADO A ESTADOSUNIDOS.

O BRASIL DEVE SE ALIAR COM OS OUTROS HEGEMONES DE IBEROAMÉRICA: MÉXICO, E ARGENTINA.
>>
>>16806634
I don't think it's destined to be a superpower, but I do think it's got potential to be... whatever a step below a superpower is. A great power, I guess?

It has all the right ingredients, just with weird caveats that hold it back. It's an immense territory with a wealth of natural resources and burgeoning population... but the population is largely condensed onto the eastern coasts, with less than ideal terrain between those cities and the resources. Gotta get shit out of the ground and to centers of industry to get use out of 'em. y'know? It's also got a fairly low fertility rate, so that population's not going to be growing much longer - barring radical shifts in economics and culture, which I cannot guarantee.
>>
>>16806634
It will be a mediocre country for the foreseeable future
Might get on track to become a non-shithole if ditches the idea of "state protagonism", the romanticization of poverty and start undoing the damage that the positivists early on and Vargas later did to it' culture

.t brazillian
>>
>>16806634
Its ethnic composition leads me to conclude that they will forever be stuck as a "developing" nation.
>>
>>16806634
I think places like brazil are actually the best example why race mixing is bad
>>
File: Brazucas.jpg (144 KB, 1024x683)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>16806643
>Their women are really hot
There is a reason why most of the models are from the south
>>
>>16806668
Went there on a "mushroom retreat" I don't recommend
>>
>>16806668
I went to the beaches and almost got mugged thrice, the caipirinha however was the best I've ever tried.
>>
>>16806726
To add on what you said as a fellow porraense, a big portion of the largest cities can be defined as an ideological war between bending over to real estate and dumping money into bureaucrat-infested public institutions. Solve both so the city stops employing so much dead weight, while also not filling the landscape with grey pillars, and we might have a direction.
>>
>>16806634
Brazil is the India of the Americas.
A great (originally white) nation ruined by shudras and racemixing.
>>
>>16807225
They're about to go down the south africa route
>>
>>16807359
this
>>
>>16806634
>Is it destined to be a superpower in the future?
no
The region itself could host a strong nation in the far future, however.
>>
File: G7 vs BRICS.png (2.18 MB, 1038x1270)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
>>16806634
It's destined to be part of a tug-of-war between China and the US. Best case scenario is that its leaders play both sides to make the country richer.
>>
>>16806668
Rio is fun but it is absolutely dangerous and ghetto as shit. Even other Brazilians joke about Rio being a ghetto.
>>
>>16807359
Brazil was NEVER white lmao, what the fuck are you smoking bro
We were always a giant slave plantation. Colonial Brazil was like 80% pitch black ultra niggas and 20% Portuguese men and their half-Indio sons.
>>
>>16807359
least deluded macaco
brazil has no history and no future
argentina was the actual settler colony
>>
>>16807732
I'm picking G7 EVERYDAY!
>>
>>16807359
Brazil was never White you deluded monkey. Argentina is the sole expansion of the White man into South America.
>>
Could Brazil have been a major power? In Empire or in Republic? Tell me about 19th Century Brazil.
>>
>>16806634
it's just a big fucking farm and it will forever be a big fucking farm
nothing more nothing else
>>
>>16806726
qrd on positivists?
What did they do?
>>
Any country where everyone is in flip-flops is doomed.
>>
>>16806668
Doing tourism in Brazilian cities is retarded unless you know exactly what you're doing. Just visit the natural landscapes instead, safer and much more pleasant.

t. Brazilian
>>
>>16806634
due to a noticeable admixture of SSA, they initially have a greatly reduced intellectual potential, sorry.
a rise is possible thanks to import European migrants.
>>
>>16807732
saviors of the white race in the bottom half
>>
>>16806634
I hope we stay irrelevant. Relevance is nothing but trouble.
>>
>>16806634
>Is it destined to be a superpower in the future?
No.
>especially natural ones)
Irrelevant.
> the sheer area it covers
Irrelevant.
>its population
Bad values, bad ideology. Vira-lata complex is a useful contribution to human though, however.
>high growth potential
Total fertility rate below replacement with GDP per capita < $30K = ogre.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.