[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why are they seen as inferior? For a long time they were a politically/culturally/etc advanced hub in Europe while Scandinavia was a backwater and Ireland was basically barbarian
>>
>>16807999
Imagine for a second being blessed with Germans and Russians as your neighbors.
>>
Rzeczpospolita collapsed because it was neither a monarchy nor a republic; it shared too many of the flaws of both and too little of the good points of either.
>>
>>16808026
It was enlightened for the time, I mean that clearly shows how developed it was.
>>
>>16807999
They spent about 3 centuries getting fucked by outside powers. First Sweden with the Deluge, then Austria, Russia and Prussia with the Partitions, Russia with the subsequent control of Poland proper for more than a century, then WWI, WWII and then communism. Post-communism you have the meme of Poles being cheap labor for Western Europe. Only in the past decade have they become arguably prosperous again.
>>
>>16808054
Enlightened how? The trend of the time was to move towards a more centralized state capable of actually doing things, the PLC became gridlocked due to their political system.
>>
>>16808087
>The trend of the time was to move towards a more centralized state capable of actually doing things
United Provinces were hardly centralized and surrounded by the Habsburg lands (which they broke away from) on all sides. The French sometimes invaded them as well and Brits liked to add their three pennies. Their economy went through crises as well. Yet they never lost independence for as long as Poland, and never ended up as devastated because of it. If Rzeczpospolita had been a proper republic (without rulers for life) it would have fared better, that's my opinion. The independence of the core Polish Catholic lands likely could have been maintained. The Orthodox and Prussian territories were a lost cause. The Polish fighting spirit was FANATIC, the problem was that no one ever managed to direct it well.
>>
>>16807999
because they are part of the Russian race but for some reason they lick the boots of Gayrmanic twinks and are not part of Russia.
disgusting.
>>
>>16808344
zigger spotted, You Will Never Be Slavic
>>
>>16808344
Actually, Russians are not part of the Slavic race but mongoloid instead.
>>
Russians have the highest yamnaya in the world
>>
>>16807999
Malta has always being mostly irrelevant.
>>
>>16808410
I think you mixed it up with HIV-positive per 1000 people
>>
>>16808002
Ugh, true hub of civilization.
>>
>>16808119
>The polish fighting spirit was FANATIC
Ugh... The power of butthurt.
>>
>>16808422
>Mfw Russian science is so great it allows for HIV poisitive people to live long and happy lives
>>
>>16808433
>long and happy lives
>dies at 55 from chroinc alcoholism
>>
>>16808358
>>16808371
>+50% R1a
>Russians are not part of the Slavic race
lol you are retarded.
Besides, I'm not Russian.
>>
>>16808482
lmao what else, Serbians are slavs too?
>>
>>16808410
This is true
>t. Rusgol
>>
>>16808487
I'm Belarusian.
>>
>>16808487
>Serbians are slavs too?
Yep

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.