[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pharmakos-01.jpg (91 KB, 615x788)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Why isn't ancient Greece's historic legacy completely sullied by their human sacrifices?
>>
>>16808996
it’s ok when greeks and romans do it
>>
>>16808996
What evidence is there that the Greeks engaged in human sacrifice?
>>
>>16808996
Because it might be something they never did and instead adopted into their myths from neighboring cultures who practiced it. There is no archeological evidence of it, unlike in Carthage.
>>
>>16809011
literary and archeological records
>>
>>16809049
Would you like to share some of them with us?
>>
Everyone at some point in their history engaged in human sacrifice, and Greeks had a couple myths (Iphigenia, Tantalus) whose message was "human sacrifice bad"
>>
>>16809011
Mycenean Kydonia on Crete had a human sacrifice. Also, the mythology, there's plenty of examples.
>>
File: GKVAn-wasAExKVX.jpg (257 KB, 1429x960)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>16809047
That's not true. In Mycenean Kydonia there is evidence of human sacrifice. Minoans also show evidence of human sacrifice.
>>
Human sacrifice is based and very Aryan.
>>
>>16809624
Based on what exactly?

>>16809629
Not really. Whenever it's spoken about it's usually in a negative light.
>>
>>16809636
> Not really. Whenever it's spoken about it's usually in a negative light
It is still very based and Aryan.
>>
>>16809617
>>16809624
>Mycenean Kydonia
So, Minoan and not Greek.
>>
>>16809716
Are you stupid? MYCENEAN Kydonia, which means that the palatial centers were controlled by Mycenean Greeks, the leaders and overseers were Mycenean Greeks, the garrisons were probably a mix of Mycenean and eteocretan. Why are you playing PR like this for ancient Greeks? I'm a philhellene, but so the fuck what if an ancient people did some human sacrifice when things were dire?
>>
>>16809636
Based on them finding a sacrifice of an insane amount of animals and one girl burnt among them in the middle. It was ritualistic on nature, and evidence points to desperate/bad times. I read it myself at the archaeological museum of Chania in Greece.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.