[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thaddeus Stevens was actually based and not a nigger worshipping soiboy after all

>Stevens lent his support to the Lincoln administration’s colonization program, even going so far as to author the enabling legislation. Specifically, he appears to have personally attached colonization funding to the 1862 budget bill
>He groused in a letter to Salmon Chase when Lincoln announced an intent to use the funding on a project in modern day Panama, though this likely had more to do with Stevens’ distaste for the particular location and the scheme’s organizer Ambrose W. Thompson. He considered the country “so unhealthy as to be wholly uninhabitable,” suspected the validity of Thompson’s land title, and accused him of corruption. Stevens’ own preference was probably for Liberia.
>As he explained to Chase, “I moved the appropriation of half a million for general colonization purposes, but never thought new and independent colonies were to be planted. I intended it in sending aid to Hayti Liberia, and other places…”
>On February 1, 1865 – the day after the 13th amendment passed – Stevens also offered his support for the partial restoration of the colonization fund
>A visitor reported Stevens told him “that he had not made up his judgment, as to whether to leave the freedmen as they were dispersed throughout the South…or whether it was best to localize them into distinct communities,” including the possibility of domestic colonization proposals on tracts of unsettled southern lands.

It sounds like the notion that the radical republicans were heckin anti-racist blm like activists is modern propaganda.

https://philmagness.com/2013/12/thaddeus-stevens-colonizationist/
>>
>>16809168
>comparing modern day radical policies to politicians from 160 years ago
fucking retard
no one will measure up to the specifics of ANY modern ideology, and vice versa.
Why did you make this retarded thread? Do you need attention?
Or did you actually, factually type all this out and somehow not see how moronic it was?
>>
Stevens was the only member of the Senate to vote against confirming Grant as lieutenant general, arguing that he had not yet demonstrated that he could win the war.
>>
>>16809168
>Salmon Chase
A massive shabbos goy in service to the Rothschilds
>>
>>16809177
observation shows equality of the white and black races was disastrous for the nation
>>
>>16809196
Lincoln's Secretary of Treasury, Salmon P. Chase, stated publicly, shortly after the passage of the National Banking Act, in 1863:

“My agency in promoting the passage of the National Banking Act was the greatest financial mistake of my life. It has built up a monopoly which affects every interest in the country. It should be repealed, but before that can be accomplished, the people will be arrayed on one side, and the banks on the other, in a contest such as we have never seen before in this country.”

Lincoln
“I have two great enemies, the Southern army in front of me and the bankers in the rear. And of the two, the bankers are my greatest foe.”
>>
>guys what if BLM
>guys jews
>guys [x] was a mistake
Absolute state of /his/. Pull the fucking plug already jannies
>>
>>16809363
Shut up nigger
>>
All the article seems to show is that he thought freedmen should have the opportunity to live in black communities/colonies if they wanted to do so after generations of slavery in white country. And that he personally led the charge to fund them. There was already a Negro led movement to return to Africa, and to this day some lefties like to champion communities of, by and for black residents. Doesn't seem so Dangerously Based to me, OP.
>>
>Thaddeus Stevens was actually based

no

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.