[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (839 KB, 987x1500)
839 KB
839 KB PNG
Is "Free Will" supported by the Bible?
>>
>>16809703
I bet this guy gets kickbacks from ZOG for pushing disinformation on clueless gentiles
>>
>>16809732
You didn't answer my question doe
>>
>>16809703
This philosophy will destroy our civilization. I don't know how people would be able to get up in the morning fully understanding the implications of such a philosophy.
>>
>>16809703
Yes. It is clear throughout the Bible that human beings are ultimately responsible for their own actions, bearing the weight of both their sins and good deeds.
>>
>>16809874
They will get up because it was determined that they should.
>>
There are times where God was influenced by humans, so yes, the Bible supports a compatibilist idea of free will and determinism.
>>
>>16809735
Don't mind him. He's just crying about Jews. Welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>16810399
Yeah people who don't get this were determined to be retards.
>>
Anyone who appears in a zeitgeist film is a pseud.
>>
Also
>being a anthropologist
>buying psychiatry
>>
>>16809703
No.
>>
>>16809703
>Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Men are presented a choice in the verse above, and "freewill" appears in 17 verses, most of which are talking about a freewill offering, here's the one that isn't.
>Ezra 7:13 I make a decree, that all they of the people of Israel, and of his priests and Levites, in my realm, which are minded of their own freewill to go up to Jerusalem, go with thee.
>>
>>16809703
liberum arbitrium
Liber Pater (Father Freedom) was a God similar to Bacchus to the point the Bacchanals were asssociated with him in a move that, It is said, almost destroyed Rome
Rome succeded in regulating it
This is "Free" of the Free Will
>>
>>16809703
I believe that actions are determined by genes on the environment, for animals it's very deterministic but for Man it's much less.
Take it that way, we make the environment in which we evolve through our own abstract interpretations. There is pretty much nothing reflexive left to us but we can learn some new through practice and repetitions. It's the whole point of being in the military or going to school. Reshaping the apprehension of the environment and bringing new reflexes(muscle memory) to accentuate the probability of favorable outcomes.
So while the universe might be deterministic, on our scale it is the sum of non-deterministic choices.

Why do people still think it is purely deterministic?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.