[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: vice city.jpg (11 KB, 201x251)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>
>>16809926
Everyone drove sports cars and had a living room with a Roman statue and blue/purple neon lighting in it.
>>
>>16809926
>Roman statue and blue/purple neon lighting in it.
This is literally my bedroom except the neon is red.
>>
>>16809926
According to every baby boomer I've talked to, it was utopia.

Normally, decades nostalgia is reserved for a select demographic. But it seems like literally everyone is nostalgic for the 1980s. I've even talked to older black people who think the 80s were great and kind of miss it
>>
>>16809926
We weren't nearly as fat
>>
>>16809926
The economy was growing, music and other creative fields saw a lot of innovation, young people were moving to the cities, and people were pretty optimistic. It was a pretty good time to be a kid - parents let their children run around doing whatever even if they got scraped up or sprained something.
Mortgage interest rates were high and violent crime was more of a problem though, and HIV/AIDS really scared people.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.