[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1709333116966710.jpg (80 KB, 242x315)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>Actually, democracy is retarded because you're all retarded
Thank you Plato, very insightful
>>
You see what happens when you try to build a utopia? It sinks right under the waves and it turns out everybody was an asshole
>>
File: veronika-s-4.jpg (595 KB, 1920x1843)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>>16811353
He was absolutely based, right, and vindicated by history countless times. There is no western philosophy and no western civilization without Plato. He taught Aristotle who taught Alexander the Great, who started the Hellenistic Period and also inspired Caesar, who adopted Octavian, who founded the greatest empire ever etc etc.
>>
>>16811353
>None of us is as good as all of us
~Ray Kroc
>>
>>16811384
that's basically what Aristotle said a bit earlier
>>
>>16811353
I'd rather be guaranteed that even a stupid man can talk his piece rather than hope that whatever despot comes into power is a good hearted man. Democracy gives you a more middling but consistent result while autocracy gives you a wild gamble. I'm skeptical of taking a gamble on my potential way of life
>>
>>16811384
All of us is what the media makes them believe.
>>
>>16811412
It's a gamble either way

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.