[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Edwin-St-G-VFC-Book.jpg (99 KB, 711x1000)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Is how often someone chooses beauty over ugliness a good measure to judge their worth? Beauty is not in the eye of the beholder btw, it is objective. Beauty is perfection, beauty is order, beauty is chaste and reserved and pure of heart. Beauty is the love a parent has for their child, and vice versa. Beauty is the love and admiration a sincerely religious person has for their god. All of these are naturally pleasing in a wholesome way that every person has an instinctual appreciation for, even if they mute it within themselves. Nihilism is not beautiful. Mobody even pretends to think that a large canvas with meaningless smears and splotches of paint, or art purposefully designed to be disgusting and repulse you is "beautiful". Even the people who claim it has value.

You can see it in what the fruits of how you're living your life are. When I was focused on more physically tangible animalistic things, instant gratifications, I generally felt much more depressed and directionless. I know this is common sense but I feel like many here need to hear it. Specifically the anon who is always cursing God and saying God hates him.
>>
>>16811568
Robert Sepehr looking next level these days.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.