[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mary.jpg (252 KB, 719x1058)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
Protestants, how do you explain all the times when Our Lady appeared to people?
For example: Lourdes, La Salette, Fatima, Zeitoun.
She correctly predicted historical events, no less, and converted many throughout history.
>fake
We have more evidence of these apparitions than of Christ's resurrection. Even skeptics witnessed the Miracle of the Sun, for example.
>it's voices man, demons
If so, why do these 'demons' tell people to obey Jesus? How could we know that it was really Jesus who appeared to Saul, etc.
>>
File: 1720100003942.jpg (215 KB, 838x764)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>16833399
Those apparitions never preached a Biblical gospel of grace, but asked for temples to be built for them.

At least if you believe the testimony of a Mary worshipper that these apparitions were real at all.
>>
>>16833399
Protestantism is satanic in essencd
>>
File: 1684606037902.png (263 KB, 640x640)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>16833407
>calls the cult leader pope "Holy Father"
>hails Mary 10x more than God in the "rosary"
>buys way out of punishment for sin
>calls priests "Father"
>mass tortures and murders Christians, sometimes for just owning a Bible
>>
>>16833405
You say 'biblical', some other demonination says 'heretical'.
Did 'real Christianity' even exist before the 16th century for you?
>>
>>16833399
Its like Islam, those apparitions, because those who receive them are told to worship the moon flesh of the fallen star for their salvation. That is appropriate for those who are not the children of God. But the children of God have the Holy Spirit indwelling as their inheritance from the fall which was redeemed and made one with God the Father by the Christ his son.
>>
File: 1719777662511.jpg (241 KB, 1280x720)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>16833427
Sure, but it had to hide from the Papacy within their reach. And you do realize the unholy roman empire didn't compass the entire world, right?

I can't tell who's worse, the papists or the evolutionschizo. You're really both as retarded and ignorant, all you guys do is spam mantras, then insult people for "heresy" to your false religions or your retarded propaganda view of history.
>>
>>16833399
Lizard lady
>>
>>16833453
>>16833477
>O my Jesus, forgive us, save us from the fire of hell. Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are most in need
tell me how any evil spirit could utter those words?
>>
>>16833498
Considering that she’s telling children to worship a dead man so that they can escape a child sacrifice tophet realm I’m not sure what answer you’re expecting from me.
>>
>>16833399
The apparitions aren’t particularly from any religion but they know humans subscribe to religions so that’s how they appear to them, as a religious experience
>>
>>16833498
>save us from the fire of hell
>Lead all souls to Heaven
No, the kingdom of Heaven is for the Children of God and those who aren't have no place there unless they recognize God.
>>
Our Lady of Akita, pray for us and for the Church in these trying times.
>>
>>16833543
>Mark 2:15 And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.
>16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?
>17 When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

You look for error where there is none like a pharisee.
>>
>>16833399
How are promises made by some of these apparitions (like Fatima or Divine Mercy) not a new gospel?
>The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
>Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
>>
>>16833589
You, like the pharisees, are blind to or refuse to see the circumcision performed by God upon His people for their salvation by the Christ.
>>
>>16833644
Jesus is a dead rat who got squashed by the Romans. He won’t save anyone.
>>
>>16833420
>>mass tortures and murders Christians, sometimes for just owning a Bible
Considering what pr*testants have done with the Bible ever since they started translating it, I'd say it was a sensible policy.
>>
>>16833399
Hierophanies are the most basic bitch "spiritual event" to ever happen. Millions of people claim they saw Mohammed, Buddha, Jesus, various Saints, their ancestors, etc.
There is nothing special about claiming to see Mary.
What matters is if your religion is logically consistent with itself firstly, and then secondarily whether it adequately explains current physical reality (without devolving into sophistry).
Cathodoxy fails. There is only the atonement of Jesus Christ.
>>
>>16833674
>Considering what pr*testants have done with the Bible ever since they started translating it, I'd say it was a sensible policy.
Don't ever quote the Bible in anything except Latin.
It would be delightful if you both stopped being an utter hypocrite, and no one ever understood what you were saying.
Thanks.
>>
>>16833674
Why? The Bible clearly supports all Catholic teachings.
>>
File: saruman the gay.png (1.43 MB, 839x865)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>16833710
>The Bible clearly supports all Catholic teachings.
They've changed their interpretations on a lot of them over the years.
>>
>>16833399
I follow Paul’s word in Galatians 1:8
>a demon would never tell us to follow Christ.
First, the defense is plainly unbiblical. In Acts 16:16-17 a demon-possessed woman follows Paul, Timothy & Luke around saying "These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation." Obviously demons can do this if it serves their purpose.
But do the visions of Mary really point us to Christ? No, they most certainly do not! Here I will be using the eye-witness account of Lucia, the chief visionary of the apparitions of Mary at Fatima (1917) from her book: Fatima In Lucia's Own Words. Jesus claimed, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6). But the visions of Mary say, "My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God" (p 84). That is "pointing us away from Christ." OT sacrifices didn't take away sins. "But this man ... offered one sacrifice for sins for ever" (Heb 10:11-12). But the visions say "make sacrifices...many souls go to hell because there are none to sacrifice themselves & to pray for them" (p 93). That points away from Christ. The Bible shows Jesus suffering for our sins with "a crown of thorns" (Jn 19:2). The visions show Mary doing that: "[In] Our Lady’s right hand was a heart encircled by thorns...the Immaculate Heart of Mary, outraged by the sins of humanity, and seeking reparation" (p 177). Jesus glorified His Father: "I honour my Father ... I seek not mine own glory" (Jn 8:49-50). The apparitions seek their own glory: "Jesus wishes to make use of you to make me known and loved. He wants to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart" (p 177). Jesus' suffering ended the need for reparation! "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God" (1 Peter 3:18). Those apparitions are wicked demons of the worst kind.
>>
>>16833682
>Don't ever quote the Bible in anything except Latin.
The cat's outta the bag, it doesn't matter now. But you must read the Bible with the CCC right next to it.
>>16833710
It does, but people are ignorant.
>>
>>16833989
>The cat's outta the bag, it doesn't matter now.
Funny that. Things could matter so much it justified the torture and execution of thousands; but, a little time passes, and it doesn't matter at all any more.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever?
It doesn't really matter to people like you I suppose.
>>
>>16834003
>Things could matter so much it justified the torture and execution of thousands;
When pr*testantism coud still be stopped, now it's too late and we can only work towards ending it (fortunantely it's dying on it's own)
>ut, a little time passes
centuries, you mean.
>and it doesn't matter at all any more.
It "it doesn't matter" not in the sense that "it's fine" just that there's nothing we can do to reverse it anymore.
>>
>>16833420
>>hails Mary 10x more than God in the "rosary"
The Holy Name of Jesus is contained within every Hail Mary. And Jesus is God, the Son.
>>
File: 86029339_p0_master1200.jpg (661 KB, 1200x849)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
>>16834808
It's the annunciation of our Lord too. Basic knowledge of scripture or language makes this obvious

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.