[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7588.jpg (71 KB, 1076x604)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Protestants are correct that Christianity is fundamentally a libertarian religion. The core tenants are basically that forcing your will over others is an abomination and you should never allow anyone else to enforce their will over you either through taking your resources or telling you what to do (turn the other cheek isn’t about not defending yourself but not seeking revenge). The only way Christianity allows for the enforcement of will is through social shunning and ostracism. The main reason Catholic and orthodox theocracy is gaining traction is because people are power hungry in the face of declining belief not because it actually aligns with Christian theology.
>>
File: 1654728104709.png (185 KB, 586x802)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>16834085
>Protestants are correct that Christianity is fundamentally a libertarian religion.

>Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God’s wrath but also for the sake of conscience. For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.
Romans 13:1-7
>>
>>16834085
>Christianity is fundamentally a libertarian religion
"Slaves, obey your masters" is as much a libertarian statement as "I'm not into BBC sucking" is somethingOP would say.
>>
>>16834091
>>16834101
Christianity is a cucked religion, but the truth of the matter is that the world deserves to be cucked.
>>
>>16834091
Yes, meekness would include not being seditious or traitorous.
If you observe closely, every state which has come into being has dissolved eventually, with or without any human intervention.
A biblical example of pride ruining someone where they should've been meek is Zedekiah King of Judah. He was made king by Babylon in place of his brother. Rather than paying tribute and passing his time as a wise and good ruler over Judah, he rebelled against Babylon.
His rebellion led directly to the sacking of Jerusalem and his own mutilation (his eyes being put out).
There is a time and place for everything. A debt slave is not someone to exonerate except at his master's discretion. A law is not to be disobeyed except if in obeying it you break God's Law.
In the end, if the conditions of some place are unbearable for you, you're free to move somewhere else.

>Be ye wise as serpents and harmless as doves
>>
Why am I supposed to allow Caesar to rule over me?
Or is it ok because Jesus told me that I should pay taxes to Caesar therefore it's not Caesar forcing his will onto me but rather Jesus?
>>
>>16834147
>Why am I supposed to allow Caesar to rule over me?
As above, so below
>>
>>16834085
>resistance to tyranny is submitting to tyranny
christcucks are so stupid
>>
>>16834085
>The One Holy Catholic and Orthodox Church is a Kingdom, where God is King.
>Protestantism is, like Judaism, is a rebellion against God.
FIFY.
>>
>>16834324
>The One Holy Catholic and Orthodox Church is a Kingdom, where God is King.
This has never been true though.
Were you born yesterday?
https://www.britannica.com/biography/Gennadios-II-Scholarios

>Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
>>
>>16834091
The "powers that be" exists in the form of the United States Constitution.
>>
>>16834085
Most protestants don't believe that at all lol tf are you on about
>>
>Worship the Pedo Furher who fucked his own mom or you'll go to the lava prison forever when you die.
Wow, such liberty, much freedom.
>>
File: IMG_3935.jpg (247 KB, 1061x1333)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>16834390
>Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
It’s amusing someone already refute himself and gives my answer.
>>
File: IMG_7077.jpg (432 KB, 700x467)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
>>16834458
Heaven and hell are the same place.
>Those that love God, are in bliss.
>Those that hate God, are burned by God’s Love.
>>
>>16834085
>The core tenants are basically that forcing your will over others is an abomination and you should never allow anyone else to enforce their will over you either through taking your resources or telling you what to do
How the fuck are those the core tenets of Christianity? You just made that up.
>>
>>16834091
>after disciples were beaten and wrongfully imprisoned
>continued to disobey the leaders and said
>"We ought to obey God rather than men."

>>16834111
>>16834111
>>16834153
When are mods going to clean up this board again?
>>
>>16834147
>Why am I supposed to allow Caesar to rule over me?
If you live in his empire then you live by his laws.
>>
>>16834526
>No it's not actually torture you just have a really bad magical tummy ache caused by guilt.
>>
>>16834989
Not really. It’s more like you and Satan are eternally seething in anger, because both of you have daddy issues.
>>
>>16834091
undeniable jewish slave religion
>>
>>16835101
See:>>16834111
>>
>>16835047
>No you don't understand your gonna be real sad because you don't get to hang out with the pedo furher and instead have to hang with red goat man.
>Also it's not torture but you are gonna be on fire.
And people wonder why Jesus kept getting kicked of of towns he visited.
>>
>>16834085
>Protestants are correct that Christianity is fundamentally a libertarian religion
Taxation is theft. Now render into Caesar.
>>
>>16834091
what are coups and revolutions then?
>>
>>16834091
Paul was a glownigger actually.
>>
>>16835265
And Jesus wasn't a God (duh) but a guy who tried to gradually improve the shitshow without getting himself killed _too fast_.
>>
>>16834085
The Kingdom of Heaven is an Absolute Monarchy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.