[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: loyl.jpg (472 KB, 2039x2560)
472 KB
472 KB JPG
The rise of technology is typically seen as an almost universal good.

However, far into the future when people study our era I think it will be seen as more of a mixed bag. The war waged on the spiritual aspect of humanity is tantamount to a genocide. Not of people of course, but of their souls. When you look back into history at the peoples of the past, you'd be hard pressed to find a single group who didn't hold some sort of spiritual belief. But in our modern era even the poorest and most destitute have a wealth of options in terms of escapism to completely block out any need or want for spirituality. Regardless of your personal views on the topic of spirituality, you have to admit that it's probably not good for the species long term to be walking down such a path. I mean, this is uncharted territory. No one has ever lived through what we're living through right now. Typically, scenarios like this end very very badly.
>>
Christcucks like you seem to understand the symptoms of the issue, but you're all too intellectually lazy to pin down the real issues.
>>
>>16834894
Please, enlighten us. I welcome all points of view.
>>
>>16834872
>The war waged on the spiritual aspect of humanity is tantamount to a genocide. Not of people of course, but of their souls
Why? Are our souls being genocided because we now understand why thunderstorms occur instead of attributing it to a god, or what are you referring to?
>Regardless of your personal views on the topic of spirituality, you have to admit that it's probably not good for the species long term to be walking down such a path
Why?
>>
>>16834872
Is the term animacide taken yet?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.