[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Historically speaking why shouldn't the jewish treatment of the Canaanites (genocide) be extrapolated to all peoples that refuse to convert to the religion of YWH? assuming all morals and religions that are not derived from him have the same root (satan)
>>
>>16880652
Because the true history isn't the same as the book of Joshua
>>
>>16881854
I think true and honest bible(or quran) believers treat it as factual or at least a divine endorsment
>>
>>16880652
>historically speaking
It's partially about what God endorses and what he doesn't. The biblical commandment wasn't "go remove whoever you want from wherever you want" - it was the promised land and it was a specific people there.
There's no biblical root saying murder everyone maintaining satanic moral roots. God gives men free will and punishes and rewards each by his own judgement in the end.

The only thing the label of "genocide" accomplishes is to make whoever you're talking to defensive and your audience impassioned, based on a morality that itself derives from religion and which, separated from it, has no significance.
You get to skip all discussion this way. It's dishonest and cowardly. If your opponent has the gall to suggest genocide is conditionally correct, you "get" to put your fingers in your ears (according to baseless secular morality) and if he doesn't, you get to condemn him for dishonesty.
>>
>>16883351
>There's no biblical root
biblical commandment
>>
>>16883351
Whats wrong with pointing out hypocrisy or that your opponents claim to morality is bull?
And the israelities massacre or enslave the civilians in every war they fight against heathens, hows that not at least a tacit approval of genocide or masacres as a war strategy, even more so ss the bible never speak out against it
>>
>>16884128
I don't know why you're asking me about hypocrisy. I didn't bring it up and it isn't relevant. It's just an ad hominem attack.
People are more afraid of looking like "hypocrites" or social pariahs then they are of being wrong. So you can easily peer-pressure them into saying shit that isn't consistent.
>>
>>16884128
Do you want to talk about the morality of
a) massacre
b) slavery
or
c) genocide
and do you want to talk about it with regard to all abrahamists, or just jews?
>>
>>16884563
The bible does not condemn and even sanction all of those things so whatever

>>16884556
But now we are not online and the fact is what would get branded as genocide a sanctioned form of war in the bible, but we just say mass killing if that sounds more neutral to you

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.