[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

is it turtles all the way down? why are we repeating the same tired arguments of generations past without ever improving ourselves socially? are we as a species stuck? what’s holding us back? clearly it feels like we’ve hit a peak, but there’s always room to grow so what’s the big deal? why are we confining ourselves to an invisible box we’ve created?
>>
File: destruct1.jpg (3.11 MB, 2400x7200)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
>>16881329
moar reading
>>
File: empires1.jpg (3.78 MB, 2400x9700)
3.78 MB
3.78 MB JPG
>>16881543
part 2
>>
>>16881329
Basically, humans are not very smart. It took us like a trillion years to figure out how to make sharp rocks. It's not exactly rocket-science, but humans fail to make anything new. 99% of them are incapable of thinking outside of the box in genuine ways, let alone have the talent or good circumstance to follow through with it.
If you don't believe me, why don't you list all the major innovations and inventions you made that h
Because of this, societies can't really change due to individuals having new ideas that revolutionize things. That does happen, more so recently, but it's extremely rare. You get your one-in-a-generation Newton or Einstein, the rest are plebs who can barely hold a job.
Instead, societies are shaped by grand factors that are actually quite easy to foresee and prevent, but humans generally don't and can't. A genuine black swan solution to the birth rate paradox has never been developed, and it has plagued societies for as long as we can tell.
Marx realized that the cultural superstructure rests upon an economic infrastructure, but it goes beyond that. The economic infrastructure is laid upon a biological foundation. Falling into things like the fertility paradox are just part of that human biology problem.
The only way truly forward, then, is with crazy black swan solutions that no one is going to come up with. Like, I don't know, maybe we'll just clone thousands of people a year to supplement birth rates.
>>
>>16881329
It's the power given to less evolved people that is bringing everyone else down, as in non-white people. There would be zero crime and only prosperity if all people lived in their countries of origin instead of immigrating and creating the same ghettos in white countries.
>>
>>16883063
Nowhere on Earth has zero crime. Even Singapore and the small towns in the West where people don't lock their doors have some crime.
>>
>>16883063
So jazz is evil
>>
They're right though? Religious music shouldn't be about putting on a show, it should be about worship. Jazz music, which is literal whorehouse music, should not be played in churches. Black men listening to jazz music which is all about busting loads into women while being strung out on heroin or booze and then abandoning them was the predecessor of rap music.

There's a reason most black jazz musicians died young of a failed liver
>>
>>16881329
In my years as a church musician I've only ever heard straight-up jazz in a UU fellowship. He's probably complaining about heterophony or some spicy 7th chords in an arrangement of a traditional hymn.
>>16883130
Jazz isn't whorehouse music, at least not today. It's less straight laced than European classical music but not as edgy or uncouth as a lot of rock and pop.
>>
>>16883112
That's because we can't advance to the next level, we have the knowledge and technology for it. Also you're trying to say that just because you can't have zero crime you should have infinite crime instead? Sounds very malicious.
>>16883118
Obviously, it's a primitive form of expression about the lowly pleasures.
>>
>>16883169
>Jazz isn't whorehouse music
it literally means "jizz", it was originally from "gism" which by the end of the 1800's was slang for semen. In new orleans they originally called the music "Jasm"
>>
>>16881329
Music is important for culture and civilization. Plato wrote about this already 2.5k years ago and mist likely was discussed and theorized way earlier.
>>
>>16883368
Not what I said. In the long run we've made progress. The world is generally far safer than in the medieval era as far as we can tell. It's just unlikely we'll totally eliminate crime.
>>
>>16881329
We are 200 years into a 400 year period of absolute global slavery
>>
>>16884147
>the world is literally ending with billions upon billions who are dependent on the west
>we are making progress
>the world is far safer
I guess people like you're so mentally disabled and deluded that you have to create the destruction to understand it. Don't understand why you hate us so much.
>>
>>16884193
I was talking about street crime.
>>
>>16884371
All European capitals and especially Paris are full of non-whites doing that.
>>
>>16885261
And yet, homicides are at 30-year lows
>>
>>16886042
This happened just a month ago but at least your fake statistics say everything is going great!
https://apnews.com/video/mannheim-crime-law-enforcement-8d2648e74b944c6d861c0dd3cd3dc92d
>>
>>16886217
>stabbing
Not homicides. Where are the statistics showing a serious growth in murders? AFAIK there are only a handful of Western countries at most where that's the case.
>>
>>16881329
It's mostly the same because we never had any kind of real reckoning with the right wing of America.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.