[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0664.jpg (51 KB, 976x549)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
What were Turkeys plans for what to do in the event the Axis won WW2? I remember reading Franco had some historians research to find connections between the modern Spanish and the Visigoths in the event of an Axis victory to prove Spain was Aryan.

What role did the Turks see themselves playing in the event Hitler won and Germany came to dominate Europe? Would they have tried to buddy up with him or did they view him as a potential future threat?
>>
One of the reasons why Turkey refused to align itself with the Axis was because of Italy. Turkey feared that Italain ambition to become the dominant force in the Mediteranian would threaten their sovreignty even if they did try to help Axis win.

So I can imagine, Turkeys first 'order of the day' in an Axis victory would be to try getting assurances from Germany that Italy wouldnt start bossing them around .
Seeing how Hitler had a pretty low opinion of Italy, and even favored his relations with Vichy France over Italy, it's probably likely Hitler would have valued his relations with the Turks rather than enabling Mussolinis ambitions at the cost of relations.
No doubt would Hitler want to try to buld a Anti-Anglo block of nations to secure Axis global spehere of influence from the US and the British Empire, so they would likely compete in influence over winning Turkey over to their side. Turkey would probably play a double game (like they're doing today) between both sides to get the best deals.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.