[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721723835483845.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
Why are there so many bhuddist threads here all of a sudden?
>>
>>16883711
Cause people are tired of all the Christian threads
>>
You look like that. Why do you wear 4 bowties?
>>
On /x/, we have been dealing with annoying Buddhist preachers for many years already

>>16883718
Buddhists can be just as dogmatic and condescending
>>
>>16883711
Because Buddhism is set to be the new hip tradlarp, get on board while you still can.
>>
>>16883711
There was a chart showing how in current year indians and chinese are the biggest users of the internet. If anything there should be more Buddhist threads cause demographics are destiny
>>
>>16883897
When you talk to them, it becomes fairly evident that all the Christposters and Buddhaposters were born outside these traditions and embraced them voluntarily when they turned 18 or so.
That's why they are so zealous, because of the novelty factor
>>
Because I was telling that I dont know that much about Buddhism earlier today on my YouTube search bar
>>
>>16883711
The new larp
>>
>>16883711
There seems to be a rotation when it comes to which religion(s) anons flood the board with
>christianity
>islam
>european paganism
>atheism
>zoroastrianism
>buddhism
>>
What you have to understand is that there's a population of really fucked-up kids who post on this board - and probably most boards - more than anyone else.
They're seriously 100% not joking disability-level autistic and hugely fat, and they clap posts up all day long.
And there's nothing you can do about it, they're been turned into subhuman shit logs because their only parent is a drudge of a single mom who barely has the energy to keep them mollified. There is no future for them. There is just posting whatever retarded shit they are currently fascinated with.
Their suicides don't make the news, so we never get a sense that we might be able to win one day.
>>
>>16883757
> Buddhists can be just as dogmatic and condescending

I disagree, the recent threads show a marked difference in those characteristics
>>
>>16884406
>zoroastrianism
Wut? Nobody can convert to that religion.
>>
>>16884746
Every time I ask Buddhists to prove that there is no such thing as an eternal afterlife or soul or that, in spite of this, reincarnation is really a thing, they just fall silent or change topic.

These folks want me to accept at face value that there are 28 Buddhas (why not 15 or 500?) or that all suffering derives from attachment (what about physical pain?), but they won't ever explain to me why things are a certain way rather than another
>>
>>16883711
>why
brownoids fighting back against the mooooslimes
>>
>>16884770
People can convert to zoroastrianism, only a indian sect doesn't accept conversions
>>
>>16884406
I cast my vote for Zoroastrianism with Taoist + Platonic characteristics with Eurasian myth as flavor.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.