[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: gg.webm (3.17 MB, 1440x1440)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB WEBM
Why are both so different
>>
>>16884020
Very depressing that in future the only form of Christianity that will still exist is the left webm.

Insane Evangelical-type Christians who act hysterical and babble in tongues are the only form of Christianity which is still growing. Formerly staunch Catholic countries like Brazil are converting to this form of Christianity. In Africa these are the only Christians that exist and they are immigrating to Europe and taking over the churches there too.

I'm not a Christian but it's extremely sad to see such a once proud and stoic religion turned into a bunch of dancing schizos.
>>
>>16884033
The spirit is alive in these churches.
>>
>>16884020
i like this spam cus its actually a good place for discussion
i said it in one of your previous attempts to get this on the first page for more than a day; it's because the German lands were far more harsh than the Mediterranean lands. Trading outposts were considerably more isolated, as they were either geographically out the fucking way on some shitty sea port on the Northern coasts of Europe, or on some fucking river in the middle of God-knows-where. If not, then you were in bushland. Dense and thick forest brush that at the time was as thick as the jungles of Vietnam.

Because of this, the cultures of that area needed to focus on ensuring survival above all else. Trade en-masse was not an option. Agriculture, although practiced, was not on the scale as a land such as Egypt. Northern Europeans were still "surviving" as opposed to "thriving" until about 1500 or so, when political unity by way of the then-unified Western Church permitted the development of land transport routes, further development of agriculture, and then later political unity through imperial interests and nationalism.

The culture of the Germans was that of relatively isolated people doing their best to survive up until recently. The culture of the Latins was that of well-connected traders and martial conquerors.
>>
>>16884037
Zoomers don't have the attention span for catholicism. There's the tradlarps of course, but those generally don't go to church every week, if ever.
It's sad, but the once proud religion cannot compete with tiktok.
>>
>>16884020
I'm not Christian but Catholicism (and Eastern Orthodox) has do much SOUL. Protestantism is boring and Evangelicals are just crazy, and not in a fun way.
>>
>>16884033
what the hell are you on? Churches are more than alive and the Catholic and Orthodox Churches have a bright future.
>>
>>16884081
>Churches are more than alive and the Catholic and Orthodox Churches have a bright future.
Not really. The traditional churches aren't growing anywhere.

Tradcath/Orthodox shit is a terminally-online phenomenon. In the real world, when young people become Christians, they almost always become crazy Evangelicals. It's not just in America either. I live in a normal European country and the only Christians I've ever known are Evangelicals (whether young white converts or Africans who practice it as a familial religion).
>>
>>16884098
>The traditional churches aren't growing anywhere.
False, traditional churches are the only ones growing, churches that offer the TLM are packed.
>Tradcath/Orthodox shit is a terminally-online phenomenon.
I am certain that the only ones who say this are terminally-online people themselves.
> I live in a normal European country and the only Christians I've ever known are Evangelicals (whether young white converts or Africans who practice it as a familial religion).
Modern Europeans are spiritually neutered people as a whole, you are useless to Christianity, that is not the religion's fault.
>>
>>16884020
Left: sovl
Right: soulless brown drivel
>>
>>16884020
>All Protestants are charismatic schizos
>even though charismatic schizos are a small minority even in the US
>>
>>16884033
>I'm not a Christian but here's my opinion on what Christianity should be
Rev 3:15-16
you tell me which side of that webm exemplifies the christianity praised by Christ
>>
>>16884225
Charismatic schizos are the majority of Christians now. Even the Catholic church has a very large charismatic movement now. For some reason this kind of nonsense is very appealing to today's Christians.
>>
>>16884081
>Catholic
Maybe in the DRC, but not in Europe and not in the Americas.
>Orthodox
They're also dying, just more slowly than Protestant and Catholic churches.
>>
>>16884020
Thomas Sowell was right about crackers and blacks btw
>>
>>16884234
because it's true Christianity
Acts 2:4
1 Corinthians 13
>>
>>16884020
Latin ritual was modified from Roman pantheon religious practices. Germanic, as you say, it's mostly made up on the spot and originally protestantism is literally just a rebellious angsty teen religion against organized Catholicism
>>
>>16884020
>>16884033
>>16884081
Why do you Reddit migrants act like Pentecostals are representative of Protestants. You need to touch grass.
t. Catholic

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.