[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1710586271061018.png (259 KB, 640x716)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
When did you realize that the whole doctrine of
>after you die you get judged and if you were a bad boy and didn't accept Jesus then you suffer for eternity in hell
isn't supported by the Bible and was essentially made up by the catholic church?
>>
>>16884436
So what happens to non-believers when they die?
>>
File: 1699630292340776.png (2.61 MB, 1755x3076)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
Hell is not that specific yeah. It doesn't necessarily last forever, it might just be for a time frame.

Even on the topic of salvation, you're clearly aided by Jesus with his sacrifice, no whether or not this mean full forgiveness or sins or "favor" to get you helping yourself is another thing.

The good thing is that the most I read about other religions the more I am sure they aren't the truth.

The bad news is that the more I learn about Christianity the more complicated it gets, the Greek, the old testament, the disciples, Jesus, Paul, the Church Fathers, the schism, what is tradition, what is divine inspiration, what does it mean for God to die on a cross, how can the infinite become finite, questions leading to more questions, what awaits us, Lord?
>>
>>16884442
They just die. The alternative, accepting Jesus, leads to eternal life.
There is the day of judgment as described in Revelation where the dead are judged and the wicked are sent to the lake of fire, but it's just to die "the second death", not to suffer for eternity.
>>
File: _postsex.png (455 KB, 707x710)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
>>16884436
>>16884469
So it's heaven or nothing?
I can see why the authority brought in the whole judgment idea then.
Makes sense I suppose as the Jews didnt believe in Hell. For Jews was it heaven or nothing also?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.