[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240724_011910.jpg (3.73 MB, 4032x3024)
3.73 MB
3.73 MB JPG
I don't consider myself a "manga" fan, it's just the japanese term for comics. I love all comics, as long as they're good. The problem is that so far I've only consumed japanese mangas, because not only I dont find any of the bs dc or marvel comes up with original, but the drawings are absolutely horrible and poor. It's a shame it was even published. And I knew traditional art had always existed, I knew inside of my subcounciousness that we had done in the 19th century the best paintings and the most realistical and beautiful drawings, but it had snapped out of my mind. And today I just fell accross this drawing of a cathedral in Prague, Czech republic, and it just tilted me, what the hell happened exactly? Are japanese people the successors of 19th century european artists? Because so far hirohiko araki's works look infinitely closer to this than whatever dc or marvel authors have ever drawn. It's like I have a sudden realisation the art of the 20th century is absolutely trash.
>>
>>
File: 20240724_012908.jpg (2.95 MB, 3024x2974)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
Meanwhile some pannel from Hirohiko Araki:
>>
>>16884668
american cartoons tend to be more like quick entertainment; with the exception of walt disney, we got more simplistic slapstick comedy like tom and jerry and spongebob

Americans turn to Hollywood or literature when they want something more bombastic
>>
>>16884668
>What the fuck happened to European art exactly?
It was basically made illegal after WWII.
We have weekly threads on /pol/ discussing this other European art issues.
>>>/pol/475069476
>>
>>16884668
Wrong board. Go to ic/ they lament the fall of western art every day. Co/ has a picture they share sometimes of a famous cartoon artists commentary about the way art colleges turned to shit.

The answer is by the way, the old ways people were taught art are LOST. The colleges on art focused too god damn hard on babying rich pampered kids who didn't want to try and wanted to do their "own style" until the only art they now produce is literal garbage. I dare you to look up the top art schools in the western world. Then look up on their website for their gallery of student art they show off. It will make you feel disgust.
>>
>>16884668
You know there are european styles of comics too right? They're called bande desinee in France, fumetti in Italy, probably other names elsewhere

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.