[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721829305101525 (1).png (149 KB, 1500x500)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
If communism or democracy or liberalism or some other form of ism is the inevitable end of history why did peasant revolts like the one who stablished the second Bulgarian empire or the first two servile wars or the rise of the ming dynasty all immediately choose a monarch as their leader and wanted to stablish a monarchy?
>>
>>16886420
> all immediately choose a monarch as their leader and wanted to stablish a monarchy?
Most of them didn't choose, shit, anon. Most of it just happened naturally and typically the people that ended up in charge were literal peasant nobodies. The Hongwu Emperor's brothers and sisters were literally sold like fucking sheep.
>>
>>16886420
>if the end of history why Bulgaria
>>
>>16886433
You literally agree with me
>>
>>16886420
by "end" fukushima meant that liberalism is the best we can produce and so far he's right
>>
>>16886440
No, because "Choose" implied some kind of consent from the mases. If you want to argue "People in power like to stay in power" I'm not going to argue against that. Even people that actually do try to rule with genuine democratic support after taking over power still typically want power.
>>
File: GSnPYMDWwAE4Tb-.jpg (90 KB, 1000x500)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>16886420
amogus
>>
>>16886420
>If fuedalism isn't the end of history why did it exist
>>
>>16886473
feudalism is the end of history, we're just waiting for the return of the hyperborean aristocracy to take their rightful place
>>
>>16886535
Hyperborean is the animalistic evil at the core of humanity. It is incompatible with any civilization.
>>
>>16886420
Most of them were not as spontaneous as people think. The best preserved of the peasant revolts are the 15th century ones in England preceding war of the roses and they seem to be entirely AstroTurfed by Richard, Duke of York as part of inter court intrigues
>>
>>16886732
I mean, they word filtered posting his real name
>>
File: 1720010677552623.png (284 KB, 1000x500)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
>>16886735
sussy baka
>>
>>16886458
Scope glint, upside down
>>
>>16886750
There's no such thing as amogus
TAKE MEDS SCHIZO SCHIZO SCHIZO
>>
>>16886420
I think I heard someone explain once that peasants were more inclined toward an absolute monarchy because they'd reign in the local lords. A monarch as leader might be dictatorial or powerful from the perspective of the common peasant, but they're also at a distance compared to the baron down the valley, and that power can also check the power of those local lords who the peasants had beef with. (Kind of parallels blacks in the American south appealing to the federal government to protect them from state governments and local cops.)
>>
>>16886420
If we take an orthodox Marxist perspective it makes imminent sense, being that forms of government are the results of the means of production and not the other way around. Peasant Revolts in the Middle Ages aren't going to establish Communism because they have not yet even established capitalism, and they won't establish Capitalism because the technology and resultant social changes it brings have not yet occurred.
>>
>>16886747
First panel, tv, top center-right
>>16886970
Acropolis, top of rightmost column
>>
File: F84zj9xXoAA_lGH.png (46 KB, 1000x500)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>
>>16886420
history was still in its middle stage. Or more precisely, they were not developed economically or technologically to the level needed to sustain liberal democracies (or communism for that matter, though being unable to sustain communism is basically a tautology)
>>
>>16886420
There is no end of history and popular revolutions have varying results if there are no professional revolutionaries guiding it ideologically

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.