[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Jesus was not a historical figure
>>
>>16887959
With the goal of destroying God's people there are two commonly utilized angels of attack. One is to argue that God does not exist and in so doing hope that God's people with voluntarily forsake their salvation from extermination. The other angel is to rob God's people of their salvation by claiming it belongs not to them but to everyone. You have opted for the former strategy, obviously.
>>
>>16887980
>angel
angle*
>>
People denying Christ being a real human are treated the same way as flat Earthers

Also, the idea that Rome invented Christianity is hilarious when Christianity is already the state religion of Assyria, Georgia, and Ethopia long before Rome even legalized it
>>
>>16887980
I never said God didn’t exist
>>
>>16888055
Georgia wasn’t christianized until over a decade after Constantine declared the Edict of Milan. What muh tradition says is meaningless drivel. Ethiopia is also mid 4th century, Ezana of Aksum who converted rules beginning in 320. I don’t believe there is evidence for early Assyrian christianity
>>
it's one thing to believe in god and put your faith in Him

christianity is not that. christianity is believing in the apostles and trusting in them wholly that they really did meet the son of god and they were ordained the Truth Givers. cry me a fucking river. liars all of them. greedy men who try and speak on behalf of the almighty. nothing more disgusting or reprehensible. what a fucking joke.
>>
File: christ_nehushtan.jpg (236 KB, 1600x1066)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>16887959
>magic jew allegory man never really existed
Yes obviously.
>Romans did it
Beyond retarded
>>
>>16888381
why is it retarded
>>
>>16888057
Yes, the third angle of attack against God's people, trying to convince them that their salvation is not theirs at all.
>>
File: rome.jpg (519 KB, 1170x406)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
>>16888400
Romans subverted themselves with a jewish religion, gave Jews a monopoly on lending and destroyed their own empire and culture as a master plan to.. accomplish what exactly? It was clearly created by Jews lol. They even take credit for it. Look up the origin of Nishmat
>>
>>16888430
Christianity destroyed Rome because it was ruled by Jews and Christianity nearly drove jews fully out of existence. Their revival in these dark days is an ill omen and bad portent.
>>
>>16888430
it’s a syncretic Roman religion, yes, which emerged after the jew-roman wars. it is cliche to say but it really wasn’t a massive thing until Constantine. A lot of its own history is a lie. Josephus was a Flavian who said Titus was the messiah. Constantine was a Neo-Flavian. The pieces fall into place rather easily. Go to Florence and look at the duomo, it’s not simply a “Jewish religion” it is very much Roman
>>
>>16888405
I said no such thing you are mentally ill and projecting
>>
>>16887959
just post Carrier and call it a day, anything else dives in conspiracy theories where the Romans are playing 4d chess.
>>
>>16888678
what about Doherty
>>
>>16887959
You could say it really started when they imported the cult of Cybele from Turkey as a religious god luck charm of sorts. All the oriental mystery cults came flowing in after that and the whole dying/resurrecting god trend with the Cybele cult, which was always protected by the government even if the weird castrated priests flagellating and cutting themselves during the festivals weirded people out.
>>
>>16888698
I meant to quote
>>16888430
>>
>>16888069
You act as if Edict of Milan was the start of Christian Rome.
It wasn't. As soon as Constantine died, pagans started oppressing Christians again
>>
>>16888882
The real start was when Theodosius started sperging out.
>>
File: 1674830157273579.jpg (63 KB, 421x421)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>16887959
Mythicists are getting real desperate these days, aren't they?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.