[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

In Catholic medieval Europe, everything from the structure of the social order to the way you farmed was the way it was because God willed it. Lutheranism invented "personal responsibility".
>>
File: Charlemagne.jpg (500 KB, 1600x1067)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
>>16889737

In feudalism and divine right monarchies, the monarch is anointed by God and you owe them your allegiance regardless of whether they're good or bad at their job. The question of whether or not they "deserve" their position never comes up.
>>
Very cool now can you cite the confession to support your theory.

http://bookofconcord.org/

Lutherans have vocation theology. God put you in all the vocations you are blessed with like employee, son, father, soldier, or citizen.
In pre reformation Europe there were illiterate priests. And people didn’t know even the basic tenets of Christianity like the 10 Commandments or the apostles creed. Church for the majority of people back then was an itinerant priest would visit your town once a month. He’d babble something in a dead language you didn’t know and you’d eat a cracker not even the wine. Then he’d leave.
>>
>>16889737
Every day I am vindicated in equating Cathodoxy with Communism.
Verbatim commie argumentation.
>>
>>16889737
I hate Lutheran personal responsibility
>>
>>16889737
rich people commissioned these paintings for their castles because they thought peasants enjoying themselves was cute.
i'm not saying peasants were never happy, but just making sure you're aware that this isn't necessarily an honest tribute.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.