[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4309.jpg (165 KB, 1100x901)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
I am aware that some say Albanians might be the last surviving Illyrians but there’s a lot of debate there. However, Thracians appear to have genuinely been wiped out during the great Slavic and Turkic migrations into the Balkans in the 7th century. What the hell hapened? Was there a massive genocide?.. did the Bulgarians literally show up in such large numbers that they utterly sub planted the natives? I mean by like, 700 ad, most traces of the Thracians were gone as far as we can see. Any theories or opinions on this? Like are modern Bulgarians and perhaps some Serbians actually what’s left? Did invading Turkic Bulgaria get “bleached” by older Thracian populations over the centuries? What happened?
>>
Few people know this, but the Thracian is just your average white European. Herodotus describes us the Thracians as the largest people in the world, just after the Indians. If they have lost their ethnic identity it's because of the many successive Empires that have ruled over Europe time and time again, but the Thracian blood has never stopped beating in every true European. In fact, it has become stronger than ever.
>>
E-V13 is from Thracians. It's quite common in Europe. They got assimilated. Same with Illyrians - J2b, R1b.
>>
Illyrians are Albanians. I used to contest this theory myself but Illyrians do cluster with modern Albanians to a significant degree.
>>
>>16890173
They have mostly different haplogroups.
>>
>>16890190
What about Albanians before the Ottoman Empire conquered them? Were they also very different?
>>
>>16889982
During the Hellenistic era and the Roman Empire, the Thracians went thought a process of extensive Hellenization and Romanization, where they adopted the culture and customs of their conquerors as they integrated within the economy and the military. Later on Christianization brought an end to their native pagan pantheon, and ensured latin/greek as the lingua franca for all education, replacing the old thracian tongue.

During the plague of Justinian, the plague heavily depopulated the balkans, and the remnants of the now romanized thracians either became pastoral herders (the vlachs), migrated to Constantinople, or were abosrbed by the incoming Slavic and later Bulgar migrations, who intermarried the Thracians and each other until all three populations fusioned into a single bulgarian identity
>>
>>16890345
The Justinian plauge really and truly was a disaster for humankind wasn’t it? Justinian had a chance to rebuild the classical world and that slaughtered it. Then a century later we had goat fuckers from Arabia totally change the Middle East forever in every capacity, race, religion, culture, customs etc. tragic really. But then plauge as shown there, also opened up many older populations to complete replacement/assimilation.
>>
>>16890521
The plague wasnt something he could do about it in the age if pre-modern medicine. The roman empire had already been devastared by the antonine and cyprian plagues centuries ago
>>
>>16890190
>haplogroups.
Why does this matter?
>>
>>16890521
You truly can't see the benefit of the forest fire? Huh?
Sometimes the slate needs cleaned.
>>
>>16890254
Probably. Modern Albanians are dominated by E-V13 which was a Thracian haplogroup, it wasn't common among Illyrians.
>>
>>16890734
Not when it leads to the rise of inbred missions taking over the Middle East and North Africa
>>
>>16890765
>>16890190
Fuck off Haplotard
>>
>>16890822
You are naiive. there was much more going on, The constant clash of Byzantine and Persian forces kept the middle east in a perpetual cold war, and the Arabs were one of the main victims of this hellscape.
>>
>>16890869
Oh, let’s inbreed ourselves to room temp iq’s. That’s totally worth political stability.
>>
>>16889982
There were no Slavic migrations.
>>
>>16890976
Then who the hell invaded the Balkans in the 7th and late 6th centuries ad?
>>
File: Tanais tablets.png (319 KB, 990x947)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
>>16890987
Turks and Iranics.
>>
>>16890976
Are you suggesting Slavs and Scythians were one and the same?… but slightly evolved (Slavs)?
>>
>>16890994
It's hard to know how direct, the Turkish migrations surely pushed some of the Scythians out, and around, the Slavs are probably very mixed nowadays since that's been the process for over a millennium. I imagine all of Russia was just a big Ellis Island for transients.
>>
>>16891006
It’s kinda based to imagine many ethnic Scythians were being called “bulgars “ in 630 ad. Yeah there were Turkic vinegars too but they were probably mixed
>>
>>16891046
Yeah I guess. Truth be told I always wanted to write a fictional story about Turks who travelled west after the Bulgar invasions and finding their fit among the courts of Europe and a part two where they had gone east and come back and they picked up Slavic speaking and Orthodox Christianity and now they're trying to find a fit among what they thought were themselves.
>>
>>16891072
I know one thing. It had to be terrifying to live in the northern parts of the eastern Roman Empire at the time. The east is being consumed by Islamic hordes meanwhile Thrace and Illyria are falling to/have fallen to Slavic/iranian and Turkic migration. It was NOT a good time to be a Roman, the 7th century.
>>
>>16890954

Of course its cyclical, and bad will come with the morally “righteous” with time. The landed powers and their populations were becoming too lavish (see modern saudis) and therefore dysgenic in the reverse manner anyway.
>>
>>16891669
Dude are you seriously trying to imply the moralization of the Middle East was a good thing? Thats the entire reason it began to slowly fall behind Europe.
>>
>>16889982
>Thracians appear to have genuinely been wiped out during the great Slavic and Turkic migrations into the Balkans in the 7th century
The Romans did that. The Thracian Kingdom was annexed by the Romans and the people were Romanised, they were Latin speaking and thought of themselves of Roman. The Thracians were long gone before the Slavs came.
>What the hell hapened? Was there a massive genocide?
200 years of mass movement from Slavic peoples and Bulgars into the region moved most of the Latin speakers to the coast in Illyria and into the safer parts of the Empire elsewhere but otherwise were just outnumbered and replaced by the invaders.
>>
>>16890733
>why do paternal lineages matter lol
You tell me, retard
>>
>>16892307
Sounds so damn eerie and familiar. Makes me worried that this will be the fate of much of modern Western Europe in a way.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.