[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000000186.png (294 KB, 545x522)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
why is the book of eunuch not considered biblical canon?
>>
>>16891294
Because there is no 'book of eunuch'.
>>
The Bible was put together by people inspired by the holy Spirit. They already decided what to put in it and what not and the holy Spirit can't be wrong. Read a little if one of those lost books and it was some weird shit that somewhat contradicted books in the Bible.
>>
>>16891294
because phone posters weren't around yet.
>>
>>16891294
Jesus referred directly to the material in Enoch during his preaching. Much of his behavior and positions can not be explained unless he knew it was true. Some anon smarter than me did a write up of it once here with specific references to what verser where.
>>
>>16891332
I’m interested to know more if you can.
>>
>>16891294
it's a weird fanfic written like 200 years after the parts of the bible it's about (genesis)
it was influential around the time jesus lived which is why its referenced in the nt and part of the ethiopian bible
some other jewish fanfics did make the catholic bible but not the jewish bible like the book of tobit
>>
>>16891362
But the book of Enoch in its bulk was originally written in antediluvian times (same as Job). It was written before the events of Genesis 6 ended
>>
>>16891415
source: trust me dog
>>
I'm more curious that the Shepard of Hermes did not remain Canon for most Churches.

>>16891315
1st Enoch doesn't contradict the Bible though.

>>16891362
Isn't the 1st Enoch was actually written before Daniel thought?
>>
>>16891294
>thou shalt not have balls

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.