[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (29).jpg (54 KB, 640x480)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Tell me about the history of Bangladesh and recommend some exceptional sources you know.
what kind of people lived in ancient Bangladesh? Did they have any civilization or anything significant for us to marvel at? and what kind of race and ethnicity are they part of? I suspect they are basically Indians.

and something that caught me by surprise is that their language is Indo-European. How did they end up adopting the Indo-European language? Was there a migration there or something? and do we have evidence of any parallels of Indo-European base mythology in Bangladeshi literature?

and lastly, have you ever traveled to Bangladesh? I plan to go there in a few weeks. Is it as bad as India?
>>
File: FEFqkYPXoA4v02Q.jpg (449 KB, 1536x2048)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
>>
>>16892073
They are a mix of Indian and Thai-like people. and no, there has never been any IE migration in the region, the climate is not conducive to euros. they got their language from the Indians.
And regarding their history, they were basically fishermen since the Middle Ages and had no advanced civilization and then they became Muslims, which makes them a little better than the Dravidians
>>
>>16892074
Is there anything more matriarchal and female supremacist than worshiping female asses? grow up boy.
>>
>>16892073
they traded with the Hans, for example.
>>
>>16892083
>and female supremacist than worshiping female asses? grow
the pungeant odor, the smell of it that grazes one's olfactory nerve endings
>>
>>16892086
Are u joking, right????
>>
>>16892092
I'm not. I am a grown ass adult man. A biological male
>>
>>16892073
>Did they have any civilization or anything significant for us to marvel at
Nah
They were in the shadows throughout history
and it was the easiest Muslim conquest of all lol without much revolt or persistence from the natives
and they were animists and believed in river spirit shamanism
>>
>>16892074
Pretty
>>16892085
Actually no.
>>
>Don't talk about your secrets, even when we're alone
Bengali anon
>>
>>16892123
Yasmina Khan????
>>
>>16892073
>and something that caught me by surprise is that their language is Indo-European. How did they end up adopting the Indo-European language? Was there a migration there or something? and do we have evidence of any parallels of Indo-European base mythology in Bangladeshi literature
100% no.
The Bengali language is an Indo-Aryan language that comes from Sanskrit and has its origins in the Bengal region, in the eastern part of the Indian subcontinent.
they are east indians and use Vahaduo haha 0% steppe LBA
>>16892074
Based?
>>
>>16892078
>had no advanced civilization and then they became Muslims, which makes them a little better than the Dravidians

You mean worse. All the best Bengalis have been Hindus, and Kerala mogs Bangladesh every which way
>>
I'm not sure if I like poorly disguised /trv/ and /int/ threads on here any more than I like poorly disguised /pol/ threads...
>>
>>16892217
Yes
>>
>>16892128
This.
>>
>Early Settlements: The region that is now Bangladesh has a long history of human habitation dating back to the Bronze Age, with early agricultural communities and evidence of urban settlements. It was peopled by Austroasiatic, Tibeto-Burman, Dravidian, and later Indo-Aryan tribes in that order.
>Vedic Period (c. 1500 - 500 BCE): The region was part of ancient kingdoms such as Anga, Vanga, and Magadha.
>Maurya and Gupta Empires (4th century BCE - 6th century CE): Bangladesh was integrated into these larger Indian empires, influencing its culture and trade.
>Pala Empire (8th - 12th centuries): A major Buddhist dynasty, the Pala Empire fostered cultural and educational advancements, with significant contributions to art and architecture.
>Islamic Influence (12th century onwards): The region saw the arrival of Islam with the establishment of the Delhi Sultanate and later the Bengal Sultanate, which flourished as a powerful and wealthy state.
>Mughal Rule: Bengal became a prosperous province of the Mughal Empire, renowned for its rich agricultural output and trade in textiles, especially muslin.
>British East India Company: Bengal came under British control after the Battle of Plassey in 1757.
>Colonial Exploitation: The British Raj exploited Bengal’s resources, leading to economic changes and significant social impacts, including massive famines.
>Partition of India (1947): Bengal was divided into East Bengal (part of Pakistan) and West Bengal (part of India). East Bengal was later renamed East Pakistan.
>Language Movement (1952): A significant movement advocating for the recognition of Bengali as an official language, leading to widespread protests and deaths.
>Liberation War (1971): East Pakistan fought a brutal war of independence against West Pakistan, ending in the establishment of an independent Bangladesh on December 16, 1971.
>>
>>16892289
THANK YOU SO MUch
>>
>>16892289
>The region that is now Bangladesh has a long history of human habitation dating back to the Bronze Age, with early agricultural communities and evidence of urban settlements.
Europeias btfo again
>>
File: Indian rudder.jpg (84 KB, 600x533)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>16892073
The first sternpost rudder?

"In eastern India during the first millennium, clay seals may have served as warrants or guarantees for the consignment of goods. The ship depicted here is an ocean-going vessel of stitched-plank construction, with a single mast and stern lateral rudder, widely used in the Indian Ocean in this period. This seal, found in central Thailand, bears witness to the maritime trade between South Asia and the Mon territories of Thailand. A number of such Indian artifacts found in central Thailand suggest a significant presence of Indian and other foreign merchants in the region."

"A Chandraketugarh (West Bengal) seal dated between the 1st and 3rd centuries AD depicts a steering mechanism on a ship named ''Indra of the Ocean'' (Jaladhisakra), which indicates that it was a sea-bound vessel."
>>
File: seal Bangladesh.png (175 KB, 535x512)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
>>16892494
>>
>>16892512
Terracotta seal depicts boat and script.
Chandraketugarh, Bengal, India
2nd century BCE
>>
>>16892494
Based

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.