[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What’s the difference between Celtic and Germanic people?
>>
>>16893972
>the difference
There's only one?
>>
>>16893975
I don’t know, you tell me.
>>
>>16893983
Tons of differences, but nowadays the cultures are thoroughly mixed and reseparated. As are genetics - not that germanics or especially celts were very uniform genetically speaking. I.e. there is no common difference, except which language the majority of ancestors ca. 2000 years ago spoke.
>>
>>16893992
However as a celto-germanic mutt I profess the conviction that celto-germanic mutts as in south and west germany, north france, britain and by extension america are the master race.
>>
>>16893992
Nah, Germanics and Celts were pretty different. Celts were basically on a cline from Spain to Britain, mostly French like. Germanics looked like Scandinavians.
>>
>>16894003
For what?
>>
>>16893972
> Celtic
french
> Germanic
norwegian/swedish
>>
>>16893975
Anon, "the difference" can also mean a list of differences, just like "the people" means "a lot of people"
>>
>>16893972
Good thread question. Identity is complicated and in Europe it has historically never been tied to genetics.
>Celtic peoples
Probably could be identified by a Celtic language, culture, and worship of Celtic gods such as Lugos, Cernunnos, and Epona. Spread by the La Tene and Halstatt cultures which is probably what that chart is identifying as "Celtic Admixture". In reality those cultures were a warrior elite who conquered a genetically diverse swathe of Europeans who adopted these traits and therefore "became celts".
>Germanics
People who practiced Germanic customs spoke the Germanic language and originally worshipped gods such as Odin and Thor. These traits were spread by the descendants of the Jastorf and Nordic iron age cultures whom the Romans notably distinguished from each other as they didn't consider the Goths and Vandals from Scandinavia as "Germani". The chart is probably referring to the Jastorf culture area as "Germanic admixture" though as I said before genetics was never an important part of identity in European history the way language and allegiance was.
If your point is the chart is silly you are correct.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.