[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Say eisenhower convinced the CIA not to do any more U-2 flights, and the 1960 paris summit proceeded normally. was there any realistic possibility that the berlin issue and the cold war in general could have been solved decades earlier? could the USSR still exist to this day?
>>
No.
>>
>>16894105
>Say eisenhower convinced the CIA not to do any more U-2 flights,
Why would he do that? Before photo satellites is was kinda necessary.
>>
>>16894164
US satellite photography came online in 1959

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CORONA_(satellite)
>>
>>16894105
>could the USSR still exist to this day?
Big no.
The USSR collapsed because the planned economy had reached peak inefficiency by the time of the Third Industrial Revolution in the 80s.

We are now having a Fourth Industrial Revolution. The PRC is the closest thing to a planned economy that can cope with the 2020s
>>
>>16894180
Yeah, with 7.5m resolution pictures; it's basically useless for figuring out what a facility is at that point.
>>
>>16894350
they ended up relying solely on the corona satellite after the u-2 shootdown anyways. they could've done that in the first place instead of as a reaction
>>
>>16894105
I really wish I was alive around that time to see the rapid advancement of technology.
>>
File: NthTJOb.jpg (327 KB, 738x1100)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>16894583
You might be, depending on where AI goes. We went from Deep Dream/GAN style transfer to some really advanced and diverse models in the span of 7 or 8 years
>>
>>16894603
that's trivial bullshit though, I'd rather see the development of jet engines and the space race.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.