[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2004119.jpg (107 KB, 600x600)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
I just realized I've never heard a Christian explain what Heaven is actually like.
>>
>>17005802
Big mansion, think playboy but even bigger.
>>
>>17005803
Source?
>Bible speaks of mansions :)
And what do you do in Heaven?
Nta, btw
>>
>>17005815
saw it in a dream
>>
>>17005802
Depends on how off-guard the question catches them.
>>
>>17005802
You are with God.

It's a form of being beyond what you know on Earth. You no longer have a physical body of flesh. You are free, in every sense of the word.
>>
>>17005820
I AM a physical body
>>
>>17005802
The next time you have a really good dream, you will know it when you have it, its like that.
>>
>>17005820
That's just your headcanon. The Bible is actually clear on the fact that after death, you're resurrected physically to be judged. If you don't end up in Hell, you end up in New Jerusalem
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jerusalem#The_Book_of_Revelation
>>
>>17005826
You ARE a soul, you have a body.

>>17005831
There's more to The Holy Bible than taking verses out of context from one book.
>>
>>17005836
The Book of Revelations is crystal clear about what happens. You're free to choose to ignore it if you want, but don't preach your own baseless feel-good headcanon to everyone else.
>>
File: 1724291565998675.jpg (75 KB, 411x458)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
There are hundreds of NDE interviews that describe how beautiful Heaven was.
In fact, heaven NDEs are much more numerous than Hell NDEs precisely because people are more likely to talk about the stuff that sounds good.

The Physical description rarely agree but they all agree that it's a place so wonderful almost all of them wanted to stay.
One woman was a prostitute who aborted 3 babies. She saw her children there, all grown up and playing on the grass.
One guy claimed to have seen his dad and his dad is annoyed when he said that he thought he died. Being called dead in heaven is makes one irk, apparently
Some preachers also saw his pet dog and monkey. His dog came up to him and asked him where is his son. It talked to him without a voice.

And so on.
Most often Jesus is also there and he sends them back to Earth to be a messenger to proclaim the message "Death is not real"
>>
Imagine "Christ City." The streets are made of gold, the buildings of diamond. You made it there because you repented for committing serial child rape and mass murder in the last 2 seconds of your life. At the terminal of judgement, you walked past your non-Christian victims and gave them your widest psychopath grin before taking off to your new paradise.

You can't wait to have all those profound conversations with all those infinitely blessed, most holiest hecking wholesome people spanning 2000 years of Truth.

You approach a totally-not-gay highschooler crying while fiddling his guitar and singing about how he loves feeling Jesus deep inside him.
>Hi. How did you die so young?
>I had appendicitis. My pastor dad was smart enough to not trust atheist science, so he faith healed me instead. I still died, but that was God's plan anyway hallelujah praise Jesus oh God I love feeling His hand caress my pure chest!!!

You decide he's too straight for you and go see some old dude.
>So what did you do in life?
>Well after having 3 kids with my sister, I dedicated my life to owning the libs. Can you believe these commies believe Noah's flood didn't happen? I mean come on! When you see a clock, you think of a clock maker, so Christianity is obviously true!

You're surrounded by these people for eternity.
>>
>>17005802
It's where christians go after they die to boast over how BASED they are. Same for every other religion.
>>
>>17005875
Why does Chud Anon fantasize about homosexual child rape so much?
>>
>>17005875
You don't seem to understand what repentance mean
>>
1 Corinthians 2:9
>But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

The Bible often mentions being with God and descriptions of material things like a city, but apparently you can only truly understand it when you are with God, so these material descriptions are there to loosely frame it in ways we are familiar with
>>
>>17005802
Socrates/Plato described it and since christians copied him you might as well use his description
>>
Who knows. Only God knows what he has in store for us. At least in Orthodoxy there is no major consideration of what heaven is, just that it is a wonderful place where contentedness, peace and full immersion in the body of Christ is made.
>>
Why are threads like this on /his/?
Why aren't you retards discussing actual history?
>>
>>17005853
I've been fascinated with NDE's, but I think they're an internal experience like drugs and dreams are
>>
>>17007043
The fact that it's been consistent since 1850's regardless of culture and race say otherwise

2 people do not have the same dream.
But, for some reason, a hundred thousand can witness the same place after their hearts shut down
>>
>>17007033
and humanities
>>
>>17007033
History & HUMANITIES
>>
>>17007055
NDE's often contradict each other. People in one NDE will say they see Jesus, while in another they'll see Vishnu or some other personal God. People in NDE's will say reincarnation is real, yet they'll see their ancestors that have died decades and decades ago as well as their further ancestors just hanging around. Loads of people have seen the hat man and the machine elves too when they take the same drugs and get high from it. the fact that happens is not proof the hat man is a real entity.
>>
File: 1724713350953572.png (342 KB, 895x892)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>17005802
Luke this but holy
>>
>>17007087
Those are actually overwhelmingly in the minority. Even in non-Christian countries, the overwhelming majority of testimonies are completely identical to the Christian ones.

No one knows why those outliers exists but we can all agree on that Death is no Real and there will be judgement for everyone
>>
>>17005853
Why do non christians get NDEs that affirm their own cersion of the afterlife?
>>
>>17007104
People in non chrustian countries meet jesus or characters from the bible? Why do non christians get heavenly NDEs?
>>
>>17007104
The majority of NDE'rs i've talked to don't really see Jesus. The afterlife is more just described as a place where you can vibe and relax
>>
>>17005802
Imagine Western shows. Big outdoors, nature is untouched.
Except everyone there will know God.
And you will be living in paradise in perfect resurrected fleshly bodies that still function.
Since everyone died they won’t want to die again.
You can only go there if you got saved by asking Jesus to dwell within your heart and kept a relationship with him and allowed him to live there till you died.
You cannot go to heaven by having a membership at church. It’s about forgiving others of their trespasses against you, and yes that means they are now equal with you, there is no such thing as “well they were doing much more trespasses against me and I was forgiving them much more than they were having to forgive me…” which is what the world of dating and liberalism does to each other as well as the world of religious pharisee legalists. The antichrist employs both and doesn’t harbor a middle ground and he uses the term Christ but doesn’t allow that to mean Jesus Christ or Lord Jesus Christ.

Due to not enough Gunsmoke being on YouTube as it should, posting the IMDb to this episode: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0594430/
It’s about a rancher mother who laments her decision to be Christian and live on a ranch and instead craves big cities, living on the coasts, pleasure, alcoholic drinks, and bright lights. She tries to force her son to do that, but he actually loves the farm and wants a simple life and it even ends with a girl wanting to marry him and even desperately tries to speak to his mom and she pulls a gun on her.
Please Jesus that’s such a reverse take on my own situation.
>>
File: 1723451665111540.jpg (15 KB, 241x326)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>17007117
It ironically does not. At all
Everything about the afterlife is beyond words
Hell NDEs also exist and they all conclude that they deserve it.

>>17007117
>>17007123
Christians meet Jesus
Non Christians meet a "being who wears a white robe and has a face that shines brighter than the sun"

And no, afterlife is absolutely NOT a place where you can vibe and relax
There are also hell NDEs which results into the person suffering PTSD for years even after just a few seconds

One case was a guy who OD'd on drugs
He died 6 times on his car, just struggling to get his breathing back.
He never saw hell but he claims to have felt the sheer terror and absolute malevolence that awaited him had he died there. He claim that it was beyond words and nothing on Earth could ever compare to the deafing laughter of the things that waited for him
He only got out after calling out Jesus for help.
Despite never seeing it, he was traumatized by the experience and went to Jesus

Another case was a prostitute.
She claimed to have just laid down to get her tattoo.
Then she had a vision of falling into a massive land designed precisely to punish her for her sins. She was falling into it far above from the sky but she felt all the fear and terror that awaited her
The experience lasted only 3 seconds but she immediately bursted out of the tattoo shop, completely shaken and screaming.

She claim to have only settled down after God himself contacted her using her car radio and told her it's going to be alright.
She claimed that the radio just turned itself from one channel to another and communicated with her exactly like how Bumble Bee in Micheal Bay film did.

Just switching back and forth to create a coherent sentence telling her it's going to be ok. She's a Christian now and prays everyday that her friends would have the same experience and be saved
>>
>>17005802
Just read Dante's Paradiso ffs.
>>
>>17005802
Leaving it vague and just hinting that it's great beyond human comprehension is one of the smarter things the New Testament does. Leaves it open to more serious philosophical interpretation by intellectuals while letting the laypeople believe it's going to be them reuniting with grandpa and their dead dog on a sea of clouds. Compare that to Islam where the Quran and even moreso the hadiths go into super precise detail and as a result it's way harder to allegorize or philosophize away as not being the fantasy of a 7th century Arab.
>>
>>17007153
>>17007153
Okay but jesus say the obly way to heaven is through him so why dod nonchristians get them at all? Why cant it be christians that incorrectly attribute this being to be jesus?
>>
>>17007153
ok, what are we going to do in the afterlife then?
I'm gay btw, i've just never been attracted to women, so idk if ill go to hell or not, ive always tried to be a good person and spread kindness though even though i suck at it
>>
>>17005802
It's supposed to be peaceful. If I do end up there, I'd like to just live on a ranch and farm. A nice quiet existence and see long past relatives.
>>
>>17007153
>He never saw hell but he claims to have felt the sheer terror and absolute malevolence that awaited him had he died there. He claim that it was beyond words and nothing on Earth could ever compare to the deafing laughter of the things that waited for him
It doesn't bother you that this man's experience involves an unbiblical view of Hell? The idea that Hell is ruled by Satan and his demons and sinners get tortured there is from later folklore and outright fiction like Paradise Lost, the Bible itself has zero mention of that and says Hell was prepared FOR the Devil and his angels. I.e. for them to suffer in.
>>
>>17007174
They didn't get it, though
They came back and converted to Christianity.

No one really knows what await those who died without knowing Christ
But Christ already revealed his nature and he is a just man so we can be certain that his judgment would be fair and just
>>
>>17007194
Almost like people have religious visions and experiences all the time and their culture and beliefs condition what those visions are.
>>
>>17007177
I suppose the best you can do is abstain from sleeping with other men. I wish you the best though.
>>
>>17007194
What do you mean?
Jesus outright claims that Beelzebub is the leader of the demons who possesses the men that he exorcised

It is believed that Beelzebub, Satan, and Lucifer are the devil's own version of Trinity
>>
>>17007194
People don't seem to really acknowledge that Hell wasn't meant for men, but for satan and his demons. Or the fact that satan isn't in hell, not until judgement day
>>
>>17007177
Don't listen to this retard >>17007197
I lost years to the pray the gay away nonsense and you are 100% going to regret it down the line if you do it. Any faith you arrive at out of a desire to repress your sexuality is going to be false, neurotic faith anyway. It's a destructive larp.
>Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.
>>
>>17007197
the creator doen't care if i sleep with other man or not, love is love. if it was an issue I wouldn't have a prostate
>>
>>17007201
>Jesus outright claims that Beelzebub is the leader of the demons who possesses the men that he exorcised
Yeah and? That's on earth. Show me in the Bible where there is any implication at all that Satan and demons rule Hell and torture sinners there. That isn't biblical, it comes from later lore.
>It is believed that Beelzebub, Satan, and Lucifer are the devil's own version of Trinity
By who lol
>>
File: 1_JxLKz9is_QH0NlpE5l6quw.png (1.54 MB, 1200x1240)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>17005892
>dude I'm REALLY sorry
>of course my son welcome home
>>
>>17007210
Is the fact that the angels are above humans not enough of an implication that they are ruling humans in hell?
Torturing humans is just the result of them hating God and humans being created in God's image
>>
>>17007219
Show me where it is in the Bible or the Church Fathers. Vibes based and "well people believed it 1000 years later" arguments don't fly for you when Catholics make them I'm assuming so don't do it yourself.
>>
>>17005802
>never heard a Christian explain what Heaven is actually like
This says a lot more about you than it does about christians
>>
File: 1698648069213682.png (500 KB, 580x437)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>>17007224
Uhh, 1 Corinthians 6:3. Psalms 8:5 & Hebrews 2:7 all states that humans are below angels.

But if you are referring to the idea of devils being the torturers, then yeah, I don't think that there's any indication in the scripture of that but I don't think that the visionaries were lying either.

God perform miracles all the time just to remind us that he is alive and watching. Visions of hell is one of it and have been part of many visions from saints

Saint Teresa of Ávila was born in 1500's, before the publication of paradise Lost
And she wrote:
"I found myself, as I thought, plunged right into Hell. I realized that it was the Lord's will that I should see the place which the devils had prepared for me there and which I had merited for my sins. This happened in the briefest space of time, but, even if I were to live for many years, I believe it would be impossible for me to forget it. The entrance, I thought, resembled a very long, narrow passage, like a furnace, very low, dark and closely confined; the ground seemed to be full of water which looked like filthy, evil-smelling mud, and in it were many wicked-looking reptiles. At the end there was a hollow place scooped out of a wall, like a cupboard, and it was here that I found myself in close confinement. But the sight of all this was pleasant by comparison with what I felt there ... My feelings, I think, could not possibly be exaggerated, nor can anyone understand them. I felt a fire within my soul the nature of which I am utterly incapable of describing ... I had been put in this place which looked like a hole in the wall, and those very walls, so terrible to the sight, bore down upon me and completely stifled me. There was no light and everything was in the blackest darkness."
>>
>>17007216
You cannot be forgiven without guilt
And you cannot have guilt if you do not realize the magnitude of your errors
If you only wanted to escape punishment, you were never repentant at all. That's the trick

Those who are repentant are WILLING to suffer the punishment but God forgives them
The unrepentant are trying to evade the punishment

God can see the Heart so no use trying to gaslight him
>>
>>17007252
Not what I asked. Show me in the Bible or Church Fathers where it says demons rule Hell and torture sinners there. You are just wrong, this is not biblical. Psalms 8:5 and Hebrews 2:7 are especially irrelevant because everyone who's not theologically biased recognizes that the Old Testament more or less doesn't even have an afterlife.
>Saint Teresa of Ávila was born in 1500's, before the publication of paradise Lost
Yeah and there's earlier stuff than her saying similar shit, so what? I never claimed the idea didn't exist before Paradise Lost, I said it was an invention of later folklore and outright fiction like Paradise Lost.
>>
I've seen this idea several times myself.
It's not biblical, just like real life isn't biblical.
>>
>>17007231
No it doesn't.
>>
>>17007364
It shows that you haven't bothered to interact with the past few millenia of christian art/political discussion
>>
>>17005802
You just stop existing.
>>
>>17005802
>carbonated sangria
Is this a thing??
>>
>>17005802
We don't know, simple. Pretending to know is not only impossible but pretty prideful.
>>
Really I don't think there's a consensus on Hell either. Because they aren't physical places and their inhabitants aren't physical creatures. And the way Hell is talked about in the Bible (sheol/gehenna/etc.) it's hard to know what to take literally.

Also I know some of the weirder Christian denominations like Mormons and Jehovah's witnesses have a radically different idea of what the afterlife entails. Witnesses don't believe in Hell, for example. I wonder if there are differences between more mainstream denominations.

Mostly I just don't think it matters too much. One of those things I chalk up to being largely unknowable in our current forms. Just be good and get the good end and try to avoid the bad end. You'll understand when you get there.
>>
File: Ted_Bundy_headshot.jpg (83 KB, 440x612)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>17007267
>dude I'm SINCERELY sorry
>of course my son welcome home
>>
>>17005853
What's even supposed to be going on here, theologically, God mistakenly thought they died and sent them to heaven. But then the doctors yank the soul out of heaven and anchors it back to the meat?
>>
>>17008043
There are multiple conclusions
1. God offered them a choice whether or not they wanted to return.
2. God wanted them to return under the orders "Tell them about the things we showed you"
>>
>>17005802
What's the deal with the New Earth and the New Heaven (Isaiah, Revelation etc.)? Do the faithful actually go to Heaven or do they just resurrect on New Earth?
>>
>>17007893
Yes, anon
Even the worst serial killers can be forgiven if they were sincere. God's mercy is infinite and whatever damage a person done can be undone

But if he chooses not to repent, then he cannot do anything but mourn you for eternity
>>
>>17008400
>then he cannot do anything
Pretty sure he could if he wanted
>>
>>17008407
He will never violate your free will
>>
File: 43654132143241.jpg (33 KB, 500x375)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>17005802
>hold the garbage
>>
>>17008409
He hardened pharaohs heart
>>
>>17005802
I will never understand all the weird fiction people post on the internet. The Bible is quite clear on this subject. Once you die, you stay dead until the day of Judgment when all are bodily resurrected to be judged by God. Those who are worthy then live forever in a transformed Earthly paradise.
>>
>>17008418
Yes, he did, by showing him the truth.
Hearts harden by being choosing to uphold the lie that he can contest God
>>
>carbonated alcoholless sangría
Me cago en dios cabrón
>>
>>17005836
You’re a soul AND a body, heretic
>>
>>17008430
The bible who bothers to specify what moses did for years in the desert but not exactly how god hardened pharaohs heart?
Because an inuative reading makes it sound he simply hardened it.
>>
>>17008461
Interpreting the scriptures in isolation is the root cause of all heresies
It must be interpreted as a whole and the whole bible shows that God is a merciful and loving being. He will never violate anyone's free will.
As such, one has to wonder what "hardening the heart even mean"

And apparently, it means that the Pharoah made his choice to play God in front of God
>>
You give up the ghost but your people live forever, the reward for your faith that God gives his people their eternal life. Have kids and you'll understand.
>>
>>17008474
Where does he actually state that?
>>
>>17005836
>You ARE a soul, you have a body
Tranny origin story
>>
>>17008238
I think it's most probably God being incompetent and doing it by accident
>>
>>17005818
based
>>
>>17005826
The only thing you can be sure of is your conciseness.
Even when you dream, you are aware of your existence.
>>
>>17008606
I didn't say it was impossible for me to be wrong
I'm just very confident
>>
>>17008606
>Even when you dream, you are aware of your existence.
"when you're aware, you are aware"
woooow

Like, what's the alternative here, people to be aware BUT they don't exist. That would be weird.
>>
>>17005875
And YOU think you know a better system because...?

and why does it always come down to fantasizing hypothetical scenarios of child rape and murder
>>
>>17009134
>child rape and murder
these are real things, that happen in reality
>>
>>17008400
>but his victims are still dead and going to hell
Literally a mafia for serial killers to get away with their crimes. I am so happy a Christian finally admits this.
>>
>>17009171
>>17009150
Those are worthless to God as he can just revive anyone at any time.
However, if you do not repent, then that will actually hurt him as you are a unique piece that he can never gain back.
He will never replace you because he loves you that much. He will mourn you for eternity

Just repent and confess
>>
>>17009176
>Those are worthless to God as he can just revive anyone at any time.
False, murder greatly matters to God.
>>
>>17009176
>Just repent and confess
Prove to me (your, not any other religion's) God exists, and I will. Until then, le space daddy can go fuck himself.
>>
>>17009176
Why does he create fetuses just to send them to hell before birth?
>>
>>17005802
Nobody alive has seen it, why would you want our guesses?
>>
>>17009191
It matters in the sense that it ruins his plan and gets you condemned to eternal separation from him

It doesn't matter in the sense that you can do no damage that he cannot repair
>>
File: 1711141077663889.jpg (377 KB, 1080x2010)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>17009206
I hope you understand that those rules were for YOUR sake.
If you do not repent, YOU will continue down the path of self-destruction

The 7 sins are deadly for both the body and the soul. As such, you are threatening someone that you will not stop harming yourself unless you get what you want

Which is fucking stupid
>>
>>17008572
Assuming god is real and created all we know. Why would you assume they are incompetent? I think it's safer to rely on them being hypercompetent and deliberate instead.
>>
File: single fact.jpg (29 KB, 600x733)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>17009277
>>
>>17009305
Your kind are committing self-deletion
Any questions?
>>
>>17009315
And that proves there's a magic Jew in the sky that made a 600-year-old man build a floating zoo because of something a talking snake told a rib woman how?
>>
>>17009330
Keep on harming yourself, then
We already warned you
>>
File: picture2_2.png (82 KB, 529x479)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>17009294
he took a lot of shortcuts
>>
>>17009277
Would not ideal be the ideal religion then? It is against all the seven deadly sins and against alcohol which is nothing but poison
>>
>>17009336
Reading me fairy tales is no warning, midwit.
>>
>>17009356
Are you retarded?
The Eucharist is bread and ALCOHOL

>>17009357
Current state of atheism is.
>>
>>17009361
Which is stupid as alcohol realy hutts the body and some people will get addicted just by a few drops from it
Islam makes a lot more sense in that regard

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.