[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1717126785189184.jpg (982 KB, 1647x2130)
982 KB
982 KB JPG
Why do Christians think hating the world is a good thing? Jews think they should love the world, because God created it, and use it for good. They are the more life affirming religion

>The above concepts are reinforced by one of the fundamental points of Chassidic philosophy which teaches that the world is essentially good. Other approaches teach that one has to fight against the world to improve it. In contrast, Chassidic philosophy trains us to appreciate the good in the world and use it – and all the world – for positive purposes.
>>
>>17085446
>Christians think hating the world is a good thing
No. Christians are those of the spirit from the fall which in Christ is redeemed and made holy so that his people have God's blessing for their dominion over all of God's creation.

Jew religion is the loser's imitation, synagogue of Satan to be exact.
>>
>>17085461
automatic video game NPC response
>>
File: file.png (178 KB, 640x426)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>17085461
>hate your life
>hate your mother and father
>>
>>17085446
>Why do Christians think hating the world is a good thing?
Because all things in this world are temporary, the Earth itself will end one day.

But God is eternal.
>>
>>17085503
Okay, why does God care about the actions we do in a finite world then? If everything we do is ultimately meaningless then why does it matter if I do "evil"?
>>
File: father of sin.png (2.17 MB, 857x1295)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
>>17085470
If you understood what was redeemed by the Son and were yourself of the same spirit then you would understand why such a view is necessary in order to perceive the magnitude of what was accomplished for his people.
>>
>>17085518
>Believing in sin in the first place
Every based civilization looks at the garden myth in a Promethean sense. Only the Israelites and later Christians look at it with such a nihilistic view.
>>
>>17085446
Because they were proto-Bolsheviks. The first outbreak of slave moralism in history
>>
>>17085461
>never asked an orthodox christian why 'Death to the World'
>>
>>17085446
The world is cursed, God cursed it when Adam sinned.
>>
>>17086546
When and where?
>>
>>17086385
Because death is liberation that facilitates new and better life. Our old selves have been crucified with Christ so that the body of sin can be destroyed and we freed from sin, for whoever is dead is freed from sin, and if we have died with Christ, we believe we shall be raised with Him (Romans 6:6-8). The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23), but Christ became a sin offering (Romans 8:3), the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world (John 1:29), without blemish or defect (1 Peter 1:19), fragrant offering and sacrifice to God (Ephesians 5:2), so that the world may be crucified with Him for us, and we for the world (Galatians 6:14), for if we suffer with Him we shall also be glorified with Him (Romans 8:17), for our current insignificant suffering achieves for us a evermore abundant and eternal weight of glory (2 Corinthians 4:17); Christ has taken our death which is a punishment for sin and turned into a truly redemptive death that earns salvation and destroys the old so that the new may be created, for the old has passed, and the new has been created, for whoever is in Christ is a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17), having clothed themselves in Christ (Galatians 3:27), so that we may partake of true life and true glory.
>>
>>17085446
Abrahamic religions ARE evil
>>
>>17085446
>life affirming
Just say you're a gay nigger who lives getting it up the ass and living like a filthy animal submitting to his most base urges. Filthy fucking subversive kike.
>>
>>17086591
We're trapped in the Abrahamic paradigm bucko. They'll do whatever it takes to control us.
>>
>>17086385
Ironically I've found Orthodox tend not to hate humanity or nature as much as Protestants or Catholics in practice.
>>
>>17086609
That's because they've gotten used to it as the state religion and live their lives as normal people. Orthodoxy outside of Eastern Europe/MENA is more of an ethnic club than anything else.
>>
>>17086609
>>17086620
Pure midwittery.
>>
>>17085470
Meaning you should
>you should love God above all
Not actually hating your life/loved ones but that love should be second to God
>>
>>17085446
>”life affirming” religion = inherently good and automatically a truer religion
Retard, grow up. Christianity is only anti-life if your life is one of hedonism. God gives the faithful a good life and worldly desires (if they fit his will) in this world if they seek the next life and God firstly.
>>
>>17086556
Genesis 3:17-19

To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”
>>
It’s telling that many more conservative sects of Judaism highlights the idea of tikkun olam, fixing and mending the world, while the more intense the Christian faith gets, the more it becomes a gyre of idolization of suffering and death.
>>
File: 1692731403384230.jpg (10 KB, 268x284)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>17087728
>God gives the faithful a good life
>>
>>17086276
This
>>
>>17085446
The world sucks and if it was created, it's creator did a shit job. Christians kind of acknowledge this but not enough for the religion to make sense like Buddhism and Gnosticism.
>>
>>17087960
That's why he immediately put that condition in there.
>>
File: file.png (564 KB, 560x470)
564 KB
564 KB PNG
>>17088411
What about the times he gives the faithful a painful, excruciating life?
>>
>>17086593
Christianity teaches the world is inherently evil
Judaism teaches the world is inherently good

Simple as.
>>
>>17088424
No, I agree with you. I'm saying that he couldn't even vomit out his lies before making an excuse. Wealth and prosperity is seemingly random
>>
I'm a judeophile but honestly the one thing I do like about Christianity is the hatred of the world and a deep discomfort with the body
>>
>>17088530
vile of you to hate God's perfect creation and the body he gifted you
>>
>>17088534
I'm not a Jew so according to the Bible that doesn't apply to me.
>>
>>17088530
The body of God's people is the sanctified temple of the holy spirit. You seem to be a liar, which is consistent with what the Bible teaches about jews...

John 8:44
>Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Presumably jews are excellent liars because they learned it from their father, the devil. And since they are children of the devil, obviously jews have no shame about lying.
>>
>>17088536
Did you not just say you are a "Judeophile", or are you stupidly replying to another anon's conversation for some reason?
>>
>>17088542
Well you probably have a different perspective on this but for me the way that the body naturally leads people into sin and death in Christianity is an example of the discomfort that is present in Christianity with regards to the body, for example the onset of lust
Also you have Paul claiming that to be celibate is good BUT if you cannot hope to be chaste than you should marry
>>17088536
Jews still believe that non-Jews are bound by laws
For example in Genesis God says to be fruitful and to multiply, that is an example of God telling people to reproduce
>>17088534
I just have a deep sense of not belonging to my body nor this world, it's not about resenting God and also God could have made me this way intentionally
My body disgusts me, my sexuality disgusts me, my feelings disgust me
>>
>>17088435
Only God is good (Matthew 19:17; Mark 10:18). Only through participation in God's glory which is to be revealed (1 Peter 5:1), His divine nature (2 Peter 1:4), does creation become God. As Psalm 72 (LXX 71):19 says, "And let the whole earth be filled with His glory." And as Psalm 108 (LXX 107):5 says, "And Your glory above all the earth." And as Isaiah 4:5 says, "The glory of the Lord will be a canopy over all." God's promise to perfect creation comes from the Old Testament, Christ's reconciling the whole world to God through the cross (2 Corinthians 5:19), all of creation through the blood shed on the cross (Colossians 1:20), is the fulfillment of that promise, for Christ shall unite all in Heaven and earth under Himself (Ephesians 1:10), filling all with all (Ephesians 1:23).
>>
>>17088611
>Only God is good
Since you think the world is evil, would a good god create something evil? Christianity really falls apart when you think about it for more than 5 seconds
>>
>>17088666
>Since you think the world is evil, would a good god create something evil? Christianity really falls apart when you think about it for more than 5 seconds

Nice Satanic trips, but your logic is flawed, retarded atheistic NPC. Evil and sin needs to exist so that you have the ability to discern good and evil. Evil exists so that you can understand good. It's the law of polarity and duality.
>>
>>17088666
>Since you think the world is evil
The world is neither good nor evil. It is good inasmuch as it participates in the being of God, and evil inasmuch as it falls short of His glory (Romans 3:23). This was already explained in the original post which you are too dumb to properly read.

> would a good god create something evil?
God bound everyone to disobedience so that He might have mercy on all (Romans 11:32). God showed His love for by having Christ suffer for us while we were still in sin (Romans 5:8), for He so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son away so that whoever believes in Him may not perish but gain eternal life (John 3:16). Jesus said, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him" of the man who was born blind in John 9:3; like him we have all been born blind, so that God may most perfectly and exhaustively in condescension reveal His glory. If Adam and Eve had not fallen, God would not have had the opportunity to reveal His glory in such a sublime and wonderous manner. And having lived in darkness, we come to appreciate the light all the more. We were after all created for the sake of God's glory (Isaiah 43:7).

Tell me though, if the world is so good, why do we need the Messiah?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.