[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: stohai.gif (2.03 MB, 588x470)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB GIF
I'm especially interested about the Greek kingdoms in India as well as military history.
>>
File: 9788120703018-uk.jpg (23 KB, 311x500)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>17088403
i'm not the Pajeet anon who keeps shilling this book on this board (i'm the one who introduced him to De Riencourt) but picrel really is a fun, engaging read.
it's pretty much a Spenglerian analysis of India, its metaphysics, worldview and cultural/civilizational evolution from someone who clearly loves the country, as well as a political commentary on events in India at the time.
there are two editions, one written in the 1950s and an expanded edition written in the 1980s
>>
>>17088403
Niall Ferguson lel
>>
File: IMG_0407.jpg (828 KB, 1750x2048)
828 KB
828 KB JPG
Here you go
>>
Any good books on IVC while we're on the topic? Preferably uncharged by any indianism
>>
>>17090512
Yeah, Hindutva seems to influence the research. Its pretty fucking obvious that the IVC was a dravidian civilization, linguistically and gentically.
>>
File: brahui.jpg (77 KB, 602x602)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>17091563
True, but they didn't seem anything like what people associate Dravidians with today. The Dravidian languages were most probably brought by Neolithic Zagrosian migrations entering via the west, who also brought farming– with the Indus changing its course and the migration of the Steppe Aryans, many of these original Dravidian speakers of the IVC were pushed east and south, mixing with the jungle negroid population creating modern South Indians, and some pushed west, creating the remnant Brahuis.
>>
>>17091563
"Genetically" the original Dravidians resembled the man on then far-right, who mixed with Steppe_MLBA and to a lesser extent AASI to create modern the northwestern ethnicities of South Asia, while the people who we associate as 'Dravidians' today most closely resemble the two men on the left.
>>
>>17091776
Brahuis and Baloch are pretty connected and live in the same region. The average Baloch isn't really that light skin and I don't think Brahui are either. Most Brahuis have been assimilating into the Baloch population over the ages.
>>
>>17091804
Who said anything about light skin?
>>
>>17091813
You did when you said "negroid", my Jewish friend.
>>
>>17091813
Negroid is far more than skin deep, my precious buckbroken jungle bunny

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.