[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726716478481.jpg (15 KB, 225x225)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Is it weird that I'm christian but the more I read the bible, the more confused I get and the less christian I become?
Like, even in the new testament, parables seem wrong. It seems that nothing ever matters, good is wrong and wrong is good, I still don't know what the fuck sins or the kingdom of God are supposed to be, seems like God is always looking on you with a disapproval and disappointed look instead of love.
I'm trying to make my twist of things and search for explanations but they seem like cope. I'm trying to understand and I try to believe in God but this doesn't seem easy.
Seems like I have to whip myself in the back all the time.
>>
>>17088826
I know how you feel. Jesus is real, the miracles are real, all of it. But let me give you a little secret: there are many gods. Do you know the Abrahamic religions are actually a back and forth fight between YHWH and Baal who, with each new step, find a way to checkmate the enemy. When YHWH came in from Midian His followers appropriated Canaanite mythology and religious epithets, effectively countering the old gods through propaganda, forced conversion, and persecution. Baal came and called himself Jesus to up the ante, his original intention was to convert the Jews, but it failed, so he ended up converting the whole Roman Empire. Why do you think Paul, his true prophet, is so anti-Torah? Uh oh. Well, YHWH sends Muhammad in from the desert to conquer a weakened Rome and Persia, now using Christian mythology to effectively neutralize the enemy. They're both gods, you need to make a choice in how you approach the situation however. Don't feel forced to submit to any of them though, though they can be real assholes.
>>
File: atheist in hell.jpg (117 KB, 768x768)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>I'm Christian
No you're not, fedora. You're just trying to spread seeds of doubt among those of us whom have accepted His love for us. You atheists follow the teachings of lucifer.
>>
>>17088879
I've heard about the god of the old testament not being the same that in the new, or gnosticism and things like that but I've never looked into it that much. Seems like a bunch of baloonie. I could be wrong.
>>17088887
No, I'm genuinely asking, and this is one of the problems I have with this. Everytime I ask questions is always "don't ask questions, don't think, just believe all, no matter how it seems"

This is wrong.
>>
File: atheist.jpg (126 KB, 768x768)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>17088895
>faith is wrong
ngmi
>>
>>17088895
Marcion made the first NT canon and it was a really widespread belief. That's why they believe Satan is the true ruler of the world, and by world they use the term kosmos, which basically means the whole dang universe. Like I said, look at the roots of the religion and you'll notice a lot is wrong. Read Matthew 7. Jesus says he didn't come to abolish the Law, right? That those who teach against even the least of commandments will be considered least in the kingdom, and that those who are workers of lawlessness will be damned. So if that's true, why does Paul not follow the Law? Once you understand what's going on you'll recognize the insidiousness of it all. Don't expect him to let go of you easily.
>>
>>17088901
I still have faith I think but again, what does even mean to have faith in Christ? I think I believe in him dying for my sins, even if I don't understand it at all but still
>>17088905
What are you talking about? Can you explain more?
>>
>>17088917
Instead of holding your hand, because this is complex, I'll give you two pointers.
Here's the first one. Don't presume that the character Jesus in these books is based on the real man, he is an ideological construct and words are placed in his mouth.
The second is this. Who are the Ebionites and who are the Marcionites?
>>
>>17088905
>So if that's true, why does Paul not follow the Law?
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. (Romans 3:31)
Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. (Romans 13:10)
Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning. Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining. (1 John 2:7-8)
This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. (John 15:12)

Christ abolishes the law by fulfilling it. You are really showing your lack of knowledge of the Bible here, because Christ breaks the letter of the Law constantly. His entire Sermon on the Mount is precisely about that lol.

The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?” And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who [a]made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” They said to Him, “Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?” He said to them, “Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.” (Matthew 19:3-9)
>>
>>17088927
>>17088917
Notice how the false prophet Paul's words are first instead of Jesus'? That's all you need to know. Good luck, OP.
>>
>>17088930
>false prophet
>the reason why Christianity spread across the world
>accepted and endorsed by both St Peter and St James
Do you think Jesus was lying when He said that the gates of Hades shall not prevail against the Church (Matthew 16:18)?
>>
>>17088826
The biggest problem with the bible is how open to interpretation it is.
You have some parts historical, some poetical, some educational, etc.
So knowing when the truth starts and when it stops is nigh impossible.
There are no two Christians exactly alike: each has their own interpretation, brought about by differences in linguistics and exposure.
It culminates in pointless arguments with no end in sight.

...Or something like that, feel free to interpret this as you like :)
>>
>>17088826
Thinking too much about it made me lose my faith.
>>
>>17088826
Europeans spent centuries trying to justify and redeem what was written. Being a Christian as a result of European heritage and actually reading yourself to Christianity are two different things.
>>
>>17089351
This. Christianity would've been some niche mystery cult if Constantine and Theodosius hadn't taken the steps to make an imperial religion out of it. It spread through imperialism.
>>
>>17089011
Or the exact nature of Jesus natures and relation to his father
Which caused numerous schisms trough Europes history and was something people used to think you could go to hell for getting wrong

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.