[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/i/ - Oekaki

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: walking.png (14 KB, 546x289)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
Hey anon!
In this thread I'll be posting thoughts of the day with drawings. Feel free to participate!

Thought of the day #1
Normally being away from home makes me feel a strong sense of danger, I even walk very fast without realizing it and hurt my feet.

However, every time I cross a street and cars stop to let me and other people pass, I feel like we're all a family of ducklings being helped by a firefighter or something. Makes me smile everytime.
>>
>>765180
really cute art style op
>>
>>765184
Thank you so much! :D
>>
File: tegaki.png (6 KB, 400x400)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>765180
a bridge flexes in the wind, sags with rain, creaks with drought, but breaks when too many stand on it. don't keep your mind too occupied with things that should have crossed already.

Oekaki Post (Time: 4m, Replay: View)
>>
File: tegaki.png (9 KB, 400x400)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
pain is only pain, let it take you as far as it goes. get off when you'd like, you're not missing much, the end is the same as the beginning.

for some, pain fills a void, and so they fear letting go, for they are afraid of the uncertainty of that void.

Oekaki Post (Time: 5m, Replay: View)
>>
File: cofe.png (54 KB, 800x600)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
for many, a cup of coffee in the morning isn't just for the caffeine (if at all); rather, it's a part of the daily ritual of bringing yourself into the mindset for the day ahead
good morning /i/
>>
File: tegaki.png (11 KB, 400x400)
11 KB
11 KB PNG

Oekaki Post (Time: 16m, Replay: View)
>>
File: people.png (6 KB, 563x299)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>765180
As soon as we enter the subway, people look for a place to keep their gaze, we try to ignore each other at all costs.
We are so busy in our heads, some thinking about the problems they have, what they will eat when get home, heartbroken or deeply in love.
I wonder, what would happen if someone decided to talk to me right now? Start a soft, fleeting but memorable conversation with a stranger. I know other people think the same.
How many have been left wanting to meet who they had by their side?
How many have seen someone's sad face and not said anything for fear of being impertinent?
Always longing for the magic of movies, the fantastic encounters, but never doing anything to make them come true.
Honestly, just receiving a smile from a stranger is enough for me to make my day more beautiful.
Life is so grey. I wish we could be more friendly.
I try so put some nice colors all over as much as I can, but I'm shy.
>>
>>765276
Uh this is my thought of the day #2 I forgot to add it
>>
>>765276
>sitting on the bus
>looking out the window across the isle
>everything is fine
>then somebody sits directly in front of me instead of the empty seats next to them and now I have to stare at the floor or uncomfortably twist my neck and avert my gaze for the next 40 minutes
Why are they like this?
>>
File: tegaki.png (19 KB, 400x400)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>765276
goes so sovl......

Oekaki Post (Time: 14m, Replay: View)
>>
File: oh.png (13 KB, 563x299)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>765180
Thought of the day #3

If I have so much love to give to the world, why can't it love me back a little?
Sometimes I feel that originally my body would be a plant, a bacteria, a fungus, any other animal except a human being.
I don't understand how life works, I don't understand how we work.
I'm still here out of inertia. I'm still here because I have faith in you, I want to believe that there is love somewhere and I usually see it in the smallest things but there is never love for me.
>>
>>765319
OP here. Omg that's me? :DDDDD such a wonderful style, anon!
>>
File: tegaki.png (52 KB, 400x400)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
forgiveness is the greatest punishment in the world, and guilt is our strongest enemy

i really need to start sh3...
>>
>>765409
ty! absolutely adore your art and thoughts ^^
>>
File: letter.png (11 KB, 410x370)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>765180
Thought of the day #4
One of the things I have always enjoyed the most has been writing letters. I love vomit all my thoughts and feelings and then doing absolutely nothing with it.
And that's the best part, they don't have to reach their addressee. This opens up the possibility of writing letters to God, to dead or to people who never existed.
I have left some anonymous letters in various places where I usually am. I don't know if any have ever been read. I think even if they end up in the trash, it's still exciting.
>>
>>765180
why do you feel in danger?
>>
File: tegaki.png (9 KB, 400x400)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>765780
cheers OP, I will try this. Like leaving a graffiti or collectible item for the main character to find and never actually read. Or maybe some artsy mary sue-esque twitter/tubmlr woman to gush about finding or whatever.

Oekaki Post (Time: 20m, Replay: View)
>>
File: tegaki.png (400 KB, 800x800)
400 KB
400 KB PNG
thought of the day:

I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE I HATE

Oekaki Post (Time: 4h 47m, Replay: View)
>>
>>765908
so true king
>>
>>765908
Math...
>>
File: life.png (20 KB, 1186x572)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>765180
Thought of the day #5

I want a quiet life. I want a quiet job. I don't want to be anyone important or relevant; I want to die surrounded by flowers and love. Dying and dying again a second time through oblivion.
Is it conformist to want a life without luxuries?
Don't know.
I'm okay with being small compared to the universe. I'm okay with death.

>>765799
I have bad experiences.
Outside of that, the world is too loud and big. It scares me, like I'm a hamster about to have a heart attack at the slightest provocation.
I like being at home.
>>
>>765984
>Dying and dying again a second time through oblivion.
>I'm okay with death.

Sounds like you are trying too hard to convince yourself. It's okay to be afraid of dying, it's probably best not to spend too much time dwelling on that.
>>
>>765985
I'm not afraid. I have lost many close ones at a young age, I am used to thinking about it. Without death there will be no room for other lives. But thanks for worry.
>>
File: Willie.jpg (357 KB, 3840x2160)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
papa, papa, build me a boat
so on this river I can float
every boat I chance to see
I'll enquire of sweet Willie

captain, captain, tell me true
does sweet Willie sail with you?
no, oh no, he don't sail with me
he got drowned in the deep blue sea

I'm a going away, little darling girl
I'm a going away for a while
but I will return to you sweet heart
should I go ten thousand mile

dark may rule the ocean, sweet heart
and heaven may cease to be
this earth will lose its motion, sweet heart
shall I prove false to thee
>>
File: circles.png (286 KB, 648x924)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
>>765180
Thought of the day #6

Today I saw a news story: a man tried to jump off a bridge. The police saved his life. Once he was safe, one of them held him while they were on the floor, and stroked his back so softly that I broke in tears.
Maybe it's just what we need, compassion.
>>
>>766295
I can relate to your situation, but there is nothing I can do to help you, or myself. Is there anyone in your life that would rub your back gently and show you compassion? Maybe you should reach out to that person and communicate what you are needing?
>>
File: bubble.png (168 KB, 484x598)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>765180
Thought of the day #7

Tired.
I love to watch when a person speaks and their nose moves slightly as their lips do. It's like they has a dancing nose.

>>766306
I never do it. It's difficult to talk about my feelings with another person.
>>
>>767292
uh sorry so many grammar mistakes i'm sleepy
>>
What are your new year's resolutions?
>>
>>768286
Draw with color. Learn to add backgrounds and objects into the drawings instead of just figures. Draw more males and more clothed figures. Manage my time more efficiently.
>>
File: tegaki.png (15 KB, 400x400)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>
File: tegaki.png (16 KB, 400x400)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>
File: tegaki.png (10 KB, 400x400)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>
>>768286
Just...be a better person in general. I want to be happy. Make the people I love happy. To learn a lot. Feel a lot.
In the artistic field: get out of my comfort zone, learn color theory.
What about you?
>>768766
Thank you for keep this idea alive. Love those clouds. They're really pretty.When I was little, I used to believe that my dad worked making clouds because of the steam that came out through the company where he used to work. I remember it now and I think it's very funny.
>>
File: woop.png (341 KB, 634x614)
341 KB
341 KB PNG
>>765180
Thought of the day #8
When I was a child I dreamed of having a magnifying glass. For some reason, I was always embarrassed to ask for it as a gift. I have always enjoyed observing things up close, very closely, being able to admire every detail.
I saw the skin of my hands, my hair, ants, leaves... it is not surprising that when I had a microscope in front of me my life changed brutally.
>>
>>768813
I'm gonna be drawing a thing a day, or at least trying to. Doesn't have to be a great work of art but I want to develop it as a habit to improve my art skills. Also before 2024 is over I'd like to make at least one new IRL friend.
>>
>>769047
I failed and I feel bad.
>>
>>770331
It's not too late to try again. You can always give it another shot when you are feeling better. I believe in you.
>>
>>770332
Taking some time to think about it, I reckon that forcing myself to create something every day kinda makes it lose its value.
>>
>>771434
Regular practice is important to improve your skill, especially something creative like visual art. Oekaki is really just for fun though, you should make enjoyment your first priority.
>>
File: tegaki.png (36 KB, 400x400)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>765180
Thought of the day #9
I have a somewhat compulsive thought: when I observe others from afar, I tend to imagine that they actually just children. Don't get me wrong; I don't say this with the intention of putting anyone down. It's just that I think we are still children in many ways, one will never fully learn to live. It makes me kind of tender, actually, to imagine what their infant versions would say about them. What were the dreams of those children? I hope they are fulfilling them now that they are older. Hopefully you will be compassionate with yourself and remember your inner child. Make that little you happy.

Oekaki Post (Time: 32m, Replay: View)
>>
File: almost.jpg (378 KB, 1100x1100)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
>>765180
Thought of the day #10

It's almost Valentine's Day.
The word ''love'' is extremely confusing... but I'm 24 and it's time for me to experience it too. I'm afraid that I'm looking for someone who doesn't exist.
I'm afraid that no one is looking for me...
''Who knows what love is
I wonder if you do
Who could tell me what love is
I wish it could be you
I wish it could be you''
>>
File: tegaki.png (70 KB, 400x400)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
When I dream I occasionally experience a series of false awakenings, waking up into another dream repeatedly. When I finally do wake up it's hard to really tell if I'm not still dreaming. When we die do we reawaken into another life?

Oekaki Post (Time: 38m, Replay: View)
>>
File: tegaki.png (105 KB, 500x500)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
thought of the day, im well rested but tired

Oekaki Post (Time: 1h 23m, Replay: View)
>>
File: tegaki.png (45 KB, 600x400)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
/i/ is a lonely place sometimes. I wonder what happened to all those people who have created a thread or a character only to abandon it. I hope they are somewhere better.

Oekaki Post (Time: 24m, Replay: View)
>>
>>774828
There are a lot of places better than 4chan
>>
>>774828
I get what you mean
>>
>>774828
This is supposed to be lonely board
>>
You ever wonder how many 'main characters' you know in your life, or whether you're one yourself?
>>
File: tegaki.png (19 KB, 400x400)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>778649
i think everyone is a main character of their own lives. each and every individual carries a purposeful and complicated lifestyle with their own problems to resolve and battles to win.

Oekaki Post (Time: 8m, Replay: View)
>>
File: stars.jpg (219 KB, 1200x1000)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>765180
Thought of the day #11

I feel deeply connected every time I consume art: manga, paintings, books, music, dance, photography, sculptures, films... it's like I'm finally home. Momentarily everything makes sense, I understand that I am part of humanity, that we all share the same life and the same death. I am moved to tears when I think about everything we have built and destroyed, about the beauty and the horribleness of being a human being. But as soon as I set foot outside the house... where have the souls I connected with gone? Faces become blurry. It feels like I'm wearing a disguise and going unnoticed among them not because the disguise works but because they don't even care. I feel alone, isolated, disconnected. The heat emanating from their bodies does not feel like heat.
How can fear and love coexist?
Why can I only feel their ideas close to my heart but not their bodies?
>>
File: flowers.png (15 KB, 408x400)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
Thought of the day #12

Sometimes I wonder what it feels like to be pretty and I ask flowers for an answer.
>>
>>778902
But what if the flowers ask you?
>>
>>778903
I don't think they have the need to ask, they are the ones who have always been beautiful regardless of what happens in history.
>>
Being ugly isn't so bad. You have to give yourself a chance. Others might see a beauty in you that you can't see yourself. Besides, nothing last forever, sometimes it better to never have something than to watch it fade away.
>>
File: eclipse.jpg (347 KB, 1000x1100)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
Thought of the day #13

Eclipse day. While I was watching it I listened, obviously, to Total Eclipse by Klaus Nomi.
>>
>>779364
nice
>>
File: 20240410_025848.jpg (3.27 MB, 4000x3000)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
Even though I'm progressing slowly, every time I notice some improvement it makes me happy. I'm starting to enjoy the process (again? Or for the first time?) which I wasn't sure would happen ever. Always sort of saw this as a means to an end, but I might be starting to get it. I hope one day I can make things that can connect with people.
>>
>>768818
How did your life change after using a microscope? For better? Worse? Or was it just different?
>>
>>779429
Thanks for joining the thread! We improve without realizing it, it's very funny and cool.
>I hope one day I can make things that can connect with people.
That's beautiful anon, one of my biggest dreams...

>>779454
Better.
One automatically assumes there are tiny things out there. Bacteria, fungi, living beings in general, but we never really reflect on what it means for a whole new microscopic world to exist. Personally I find it just as wonderful as the universe.
>>
>>779473
Getting rid of the name, it feels a little silly to have one here. But yeah, it is both funny and cool!
>one of my biggest dreams
I think this thread might be something like that. At least, it makes people want to connect with you, makes them feel something like connection. Your drawings with the diary-like entries alongside them I think affect people more than you might expect. I can only speak for myself but there's surely a reason so many others have come here to talk. And if you don't mind I'll probably stick around in this thread for a while. Join in and participate like you said.

>a whole new microscopic world...
I haven't reflected on it a ton, really. In passing, here and there, but reading it written out like that I can sort of see what you're talking about. At the very least it makes me want to go look at things through a microscope.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.