[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/i/ - Oekaki

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fufufu.jpg (768 KB, 900x850)
768 KB
768 KB JPG
Hi anonies, it's me again
This thread will be composed of drawings along with your thoughts of the day so we can share ideas, feelings or generally have a fun interaction!
I'm also going to use it to post practice drawings.
Feel free to participate, take care!
>>
File: huh.jpg (173 KB, 1000x800)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
thought of the day #1:

I wish I were braver. Whenever I think that this is the only life I have, I am terrified to stay in this position for the rest of my days: to be unable to do what I know would make me happy. I deeply admire people who are so passionate about a dream that they will do anything to achieve it. I think I am driven by fear.
I have been drawing since I was a child. I don't know what the world is without drawing. I have learned about myself and others through it. From the bottom of my heart, I have always longed for a connection with other people... and I wish it was through my drawings. I don't care if there are people with better technique than me, I don't care if it's aesthetically beautiful or not, I just want to make us feel something. I want to feel that connection for a few seconds, as if it were an electric shock... but at the same time I'm so afraid, and more than fear of failure, I'm afraid of being the only one looking for this connection.
>>
File: uuuuuhhh.jpg (143 KB, 500x500)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
thought of the day #2:

The love bug bit me. I'm in love.
>>
We are going to die and at best or future wont be eternal torture.
Also this thread is gay as fuck and fucking sucks.
>>
>>785706
thank you average anony
>>
File: file.png (92 KB, 471x277)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>no alien gf
Why even live...
>>
File: tegaki.png (22 KB, 400x400)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>785705
I love you too
>>
File: 24.jpg (483 KB, 1032x1212)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
thought of the day #3:

I hate this constant feeling of alienation.
I connect with so many emotions, ideas, thoughts, moved to tears reading, watching paintings, movies, but when it's time to go out in the street... where have the people I met gone? is it that I am the one who hides when I leave my four walls?
I'm not even part of the scenery, no, I'm not even a piece of furniture, I'm simply... something that is out of place, that shouldn't be there.
Sometimes I see people walking with tenderness, as if I wanted to recognize them, as if I wanted them to recognize me, as if I wanted them to give me a hug.
>>
File: 7767.jpg (90 KB, 1366x768)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
drawings I had and never posted or did anything with them
left - Luca from Sumo
right - Alison from Cranes
>>
>>785706
This post is one of those things that will randomly come back to your mind and give you cringe attacks once you hit 20
>>
>>785548
I'm not a fan of blogging on anonymous threads but this one is pretty relatable. My ego holds onto my taste for Japanese media and arts and crafts as if it is all I am but there's many other things in life to burn time on. You should pursue other hobbies if drawing stops feeling good. None of these feelings are ever permanent and it makes coming back to drawing feel that much better. If art is still fun for you, you should put yourself out there on some shitty social media of choice. Ignore the unpleasantries and keep up conversation with those who set aside time in the day for you. Send a shitty meme to someone you want to connect with, see what you have in common, then draw it. Learn about them then send them shit you think will interest them.
You seem like you've hit a wall in finding exactly what you want from your art. Is it purely to express yourself and elicit feelings from others. Once that fleeting connection is gone, do you make more art to chase the next "electric shock?" Pursue longer lasting sources of joy and nurture the relationships/sources that have sparked those joys before.

I for one act against my desire to connect by disengaging because folks tend to come with expectations. I hate disappointing just as much as I hate to be disappointed. It's a shitty value that doesn't help me but I'll burn out if I have to keep caring about people for more than a week.

But yeah, hope you feel better someday and wrangle the chains that bind you.
>>
>>785786
*hug*
>>
File: tegaki.png (14 KB, 400x400)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>785546
cool thread concept
try not to abandon it after a few days
I'll help you keep it going
My thought of the day is that its crazy that I came to exist, its been an unbroken chain of dominos right from that one derpyy blob of dna in some oceanic puddle all the way to me here shitposting on the internet, albeit a miniscule leaf ona minisule branch of the tree of life i'm the inheritor of an untold legacy spanning millions of years, while we can argue the "true nature of sentience/conciousness", it is by no means an exaggeration that I am a piece of the universe percieving itself

>>785705
fakecel you won't be a stonecold like me

>>785786
disassociative episode: the post
also nice to see a fellow antenna enjoyer

>>785796
i assume you were doing the basedjak face typing that first part, *you* are that which experiences the media, dont define yourself by what smorgasbord of sloppa u consooom
otherwise decent advice only thing i'd add is this: If your resolve is flimsy enough to be shaken/improved by advice from anons you're lame

Oekaki Post (Time: 12m, Replay: View)
>>
File: muuuusic.jpg (758 KB, 1200x1000)
758 KB
758 KB JPG
thought for the day #4:

I love music so much that it already seems ridiculous to me. Every time I hear someone talk about music that I love, it's like I'm directing a giant tube toward their heart, or like my heart has a tail and is wagging it rapidly in response. I want to study in depth the place of music in the development of the human being, in the same way dance seems interesting to me in that aspect, because it is the only universal art -as far as I know- other animals are only capable of generating sounds by instinct, independently of its function, it could be used as music (even bacteria... although that is another subject, besides that to achieve it they need human intervention) and of course, they can dance. It's time to download some books.
4 it's my favorite number.

>>785796
I don't think I made myself clear, drawing is the only thing that really moves me in life and it becomes painful. Thank you very much for reading me and taking me seriously, I wish you the best.

>>785884
hugs <3

>>785913
>try not to abandon it after a few days
weheh, just made one before but it died
thank you for participating and for your feedback.
your drawing is quite original and fun to look at, love it !
>>
>>785792
Whatever you say geezer
>>
File: tegaki.png (13 KB, 400x400)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>786053
nice to see you post again : DDD

>your drawing is quite original and fun to look at, love it !
thanks i've een experimenting with minimalist art styles

thought of the day:
Mutton curry with lotsa fatty meat is the bestest dish to eat with rice
like seriously thick gravy curry with soft chunks of fat and meat is absolutely goated
pun intended

Oekaki Post (Time: 12m, Replay: View)
>>
>>785913
dust 2
>>
File: uuuuu.jpg (556 KB, 1200x856)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
thought of the day #5:

I hum a lot, while drawing, while I'm walking, while I'm doing anything... I'm always singing. I don't do it on purpose. Sometimes I catch myself doing it and I get embarrassed.
>>
>>786529
I do this a lot too when I'm by myself
>>
File: shadow.png (76 KB, 984x535)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>785546
>Feel free to participate, take care!

Im gonma assume that means i can also share my daily thoughts(trade marked). If not im sorry.

It feels good to be around my peers, i love being seen as apart of the group by others, i don't have to think, its tiring doe. If i do ammoral things while in a social setting(and others support it/its scoially acceptable) i enjoy it fot a while before feeling bad, i don't see it really as my fault doe, if it was wrong then why do my peers enjoy and do it?. Ill share a mild example. I shoved a kinda socially awkard peer(he wasn't popular because he read some dragon book novel thingy) into a wall and told him "get out the way" or something like that, muh "frens" laughed, and i did as well; but i didn't really feel good about it, just felt nothing. I think i feel bad because i saw myself in him, i have weird hobbiez like coding and drawing, but i don't talk about it or mention it, because i might get targeted and outcasted, and really all i have irl is my status. I hate it, but i love it at the same time.
>>
File: butterfly.jpg (584 KB, 800x800)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
thought of the day #6:

I've always had a dream of wearing a shirt/sweater from my partner, like in teen movies.
My self-image is very confusing. I love experimental and interesting makeup but I can't stand the feeling of so much stuff on my skin and I'm pretty lazy about getting it all out. Also, I feel like my features don't go with that kind of makeup, which makes me kind of sad. I usually stick to Japanese fashion trends.
>>
>>786909
Shadow people scare me.
>>
File: pink.jpg (60 KB, 900x900)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>785546
nice
>>
File: tegaki.png (45 KB, 600x600)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>786842

Oekaki Post (Time: 43m, Replay: View)
>>
are you there, OP?
>>
File: tegaki.png (12 KB, 400x400)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
its too fucking hot out

Oekaki Post (Time: 21m, Replay: View)
>>
but im happy its cool enough where your at OP, to wear a sweater!
>>
File: dont laugh.png (780 KB, 1829x823)
780 KB
780 KB PNG
ill leave this here with no context
>>
File: right.jpg (217 KB, 750x1100)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>785546
thought of the day #7:
Sometimes I really feel like I have some kind of maturational delay and that makes me sad. I am completely out of step with others....

>>786946
Anonyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy how can I laugh?!!! if it's adorable! I will keep it with lots of love! please continue drawing! thanks for making my day #^_^#
>>
>>787050
good morning, just woke up for work
i don't think you are delayed, bd anon. we all get to go at our own pace and that's okay! you're still very young and there is no pressure.
>please continue drawing
i will try, but be warned, i'm not good at it!
also sorry for invading your thread... :( by the way, this board seems to be dead for the most part...
>>
>>786937
I'm having a hard time trying to decipher this
>>
>>787066
yes i did a poor job with the chibi, broom handle especially. what matters is his head explode
>>
File: cat beliefs.png (933 KB, 1829x823)
933 KB
933 KB PNG
>>787050
my depression has turned into suicidal thoughts. have another drawing, bd anon. thank you for liking my terrible drawings
>>
File: first.jpg (137 KB, 924x844)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>787153
Anon, you should be more compassionate with yourself. This is just your first time living! You are doing well. What is it that makes you so upset, if I may ask? From what I've seen, I think you are a very nice person. Please keep up the good work, we need more coffee drinking kitties in this world.

Thank you anon, I usually never get drawings and I find it so special that you take the time to do it. Thank you, anony! keep drawing! fighto fighto!
>>
>>787321
i'm sorry. i am turning your thread into sadposting, and that's not good. i'll try to be a little bit better so i can give you more drawings!
>never get drawings
.....how come? you deserve all the drawings, that's awful... i will try to draw something for you while at work. i hope you're feeling better these days
>>
File: tegaki.png (46 KB, 400x400)
46 KB
46 KB PNG

Oekaki Post (Time: 24m, Replay: View)
>>
i haven't been able to draw anything for you bdanon, i'm very sorry
i will get to it very soon
>>
File: file.png (128 KB, 314x437)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
Question/ramble of the day,
Is it possible to like to draw but not the drawing process at the same time? I remember scribbling at nearly every opportunity when i was little even if i dont remember exactly what i was drawing. But now after my interest has been reignited i hate looking at my current drawings. I see something is not as i planned and immediately cross it over start again on a new page then cross over start again on a new page... i tried to do what /ic/ told me; draw a box, loomies, drawing on the right side of the brain and that did help before i started hating how everything tuns out. One guy says one thing another person says to lean that way but i dont feel it. Reading 400 words or somebody talking about things i dont care about before actually explaining their methods does not make sense to me. How do i actually get better? I want to make general doodles like in this thread and this bird thing is a result of just drawing a bean but where do i go from here? Sorry if this is the wrong board or thread for this but i feel like i have exhausted my options just like i did myself.
>>
>>787670
Everyone is different and it's hard to know what will work best for you. It's important to know what you want to create before you learning how to create it. Who are your influences, and what is it about their work that you like?

Oekaki is unique in that it's more about expressing yourself or sharing your love for a particular subject, than about being technically skilled at art. Draw what you like and don't stress too much about how it turns out.

Can you give an example of a drawing that didn't turn out as planned and say what about it isn't working for you?
>>
File: warum.png (868 KB, 1034x1170)
868 KB
868 KB PNG
>>787671
Here are some images i drew over the course of a couple of months going from newest to oldest. The first two scribbled through i think i disliked because they simply did not go to plan, for example the eye on No.1 is that ball which was completely fixable but for some reason my mind automatically rejected it same goes for two. three to four are attempts at drawing from reference while kinda using loomies as a guide for at least keeping things symmetrical while the hand is an drawing that i did while reading some book that i saw people praise on /ic/. While the hand has some misaligned lines i think it came out fairly accurate since my hands actually look like that.
As for influences i like many styles but mainly its memories cannon fodder, cuter work like The Girl from the Other Side and i like starsectors art. Then there are also gritty older caricatures with realistic proportions or max stirners portrait.
>Draw what you like and don't stress too much about how it turns out.
Thats the weird thing. When something like no.1 happens its like an automatic reaction to reset and start again, that is something that did not happen before no.4 for example. If you want to i can post more of my work, these are just some pieces that i thought show enough for a first impression.
>>
>>787674
and the stuff this guy draws is also amazing in my opinion www.blastwave-comic.com/
>>
do you like alcohol, bdanon?
>>787670
not op, but sometimes i feel like i don't like what i draw (90% of the time). i tried to get into drawing and get better, because it never comes out as it looks in my brain. i just cant draw what i imagine. and when people gave me advice, the things in my head didn't match the direction of the advice i was receiving.
now i just draw to make myself and maybe others a bit happy for a while. i hope i reach my goal one day.
>>
>>787676
>now i just draw to make myself and maybe others a bit happy for a while.
the same was also true for me but then this "rejection mindset" happened and i dont enjoy it anymore even if i want to draw.

>i hope i reach my goal one day.
I hope that everybody makes it.
>>
File: tegaki.png (26 KB, 700x600)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
thought of the day: i'm a bird, i can fly, i'm a desert, i am dry, i'm a mind full of junk, i'm a spare in the trunk, i'm a rope hanging high, i'm a hand on your thigh, i'm a lance in your ear, i'm the ape of the year

Oekaki Post (Time: 13m, Replay: View)
>>
File: tired.jpg (287 KB, 1200x960)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>785546
thought of the day #8:

Birthday is coming.
Hairstyles... they are pretty, so pretty, but it's extremely difficult, my fingers get stuck between the hair tie. It takes me longer than it should.
Today I saw a homeless man sharing a pizza with his dog.
I stepped on a dead bird; it was already heavily soaked into the ground but I could recognize it.
Today I feel very tired. I forced myself to draw.

>>787676
i love alcohol :+)

>>787861
love your style anon, i wanna squeeze my own cheeks, you have a particular and nice style!
>>
>>787997
whens your birthday, bdanon?
>i love alcohol :+)
me too. i unironically think it fixed a lot of problems in my life. what do you like drinking?
>>
>>788019
Today !
I like beer. I can't stand pure alcohol like vodka unless it's mixed with something else.... How about you anon?
>>
>>788141
Happy birthday!
>>
>>788141
was it today? happy birthdayy! its exactly 3 months before mine. ill write it down so i don't forget.
apologies for the bad drawing again. but i am glad i can give you a drawing for your bday too. best wishes for you!!! you deserve the best and i hope motivation, inspiration and happiness come to your life and stay there with you forever.
>I like beer.
i can't stand beer! i drink anything, but right now i'm kinda loving the cinnamon whisky. it's awesome. but, i don't think it's about the taste. i feel like being drunk shuts my everworking brain off and i love that feeling. how often do you drink?
these days i've been seriously considering leaving r9k and 4chan....
>>
>>788142
Thank you <3!

>>788213
I will treasure it with my heart, thank you very much! I've been a bit sick these days so I haven't been able to draw anything.

I love the feeling of being drunk too, not the taste. I'm actually very sensitive and if alcohol it's too strong I can't stand it, but the numb feeling is very pleasant (I even sleep like a baby!).
it would be fun to drink together!
>these days i've been seriously considering leaving r9k and 4chan....
well i can understand why... maybe it's not the best place to be, but i'd like to know if there is a specific reason.
>>
>>788652
welcome back! i just woke up from a nap and i checked this. i am sorry to hear you are sick, you need to get better!! the world needs you. stay strong ^^

you are right! the feeling is pleasant. if you are sensitive then it's good that you drink beer so you can take things slowly and have plenty of room to control yourself.
>it would be fun to drink together!
we're probably thousands of kilometers away from each other. :(
>i'd like to know if there is a specific reason.
because nothing keeps me here. i come to r9k and see the catalog, nothing but depressing stuff, woman hate, blackpill this, normies that. i understand where they come from but i don't share these views and it pains me to see people giving up and being mean to each other, when in reality most of them are similar and went through the same struggles.
i come to r9k to talk to people i already know, just to say hi every few days, or hoping to meet nice people.
so, basically i have no reason to come to 4chan. a friend i met on here told me yesterday (ironically they don't come here anymore either) that this place wasn't for me. but, believe it or not, i think it was the only place where i could meet people like me. i'm weird, i'm autistic, i'm socially inept. i am stuck in the middle, feeling like i belong nowhere. this is the reason, bdanon. do you not feel like this at times?
>>
File: artist.jpg (214 KB, 450x550)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
thought of the day #9:

I'm always going to motivate you to draw but... if it's about trying to win some of this, it's really hard, you know? How can I excel? What does my art have that other people's art doesn't?
I have so much to practice...
I know in my heart that this is the only thing that would fulfill me and this is the only life I have... I have to keep working hard! there is no time to cry! keep up the great work!
maybe someday... someday my dream will come true!

>>788656
you always say very sweet things to me anony. You must have a very soft heart ^_^
>we're probably thousands of kilometers away from each other. :(
you're right, we're probably very, very, very far away. But the idea is funny, isn't it?
>i come to r9k to talk to people i already know, just to say hi every few days, or hoping to meet nice people.
I know... I mean, I'm not stupid, I know that most people here can be very rude, but I also know that there can be fun, nice and memorable interactions. Sometimes hate comments are so absurd that they are funny, it's also fun to study their behavior, but at a certain point it starts to get boring, same old unjustified hate... huh....
>do you not feel like this at times?
well... I'm here for a reason, aren't I? Precisely the same situation. Internet has always been my safe place (ironic knowing how this place is). I'm pretty clumsy. Genuinely too autistic. The only thing I can do is draw.
>>
File: 1719107203932074.png (5 KB, 736x456)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>786937
I love this, this will go well in the folder. Thank you for the art.

>>788692
Working hard will get you no well, being well connected does dummy.
Since it seems i am loved in this thread i will talk moar about my GREAT self ;3. I currently am in the process of trying to find more gig work, ive gotten to that i can play and "sing"(more like talk) to be able to do live shit(mostly free) how tf do i get more attention to myself so that i get more gig offers(i have made 40 whole dollars doing gigs for cheap this past 4 months)
>>
>>788692
your thought of the day made me feel a bit sad. i don't know what are your other drawings like, but from what we can see here your drawings are cute and convey a lot of nice, cheerful energy! just like your messages, bdanon. drawing is not an easy path, so remember to judge yourself with love, too. you're the very only person that knows how much you have improved and how hard you have worked. keep going and chase your dream until it's no longer a dream!
>you always say very sweet things to me anony. You must have a very soft heart ^_^
nowhere as sweet as you! i wish i had half of your positive energy.
my heart is in pieces, so it's probably not soft at all....
>the idea is funny, isn't it?
yes, honestly it sounds very nice. if we got drunk togheter though you'd have to hear me ramble about things i don't even understand, hopefully that doesn't bother you. :D
>I know... I mean, I'm not stupid (....)
i'm sorry, i didn't mean to tell you that you are stupid. you are right, it's nice. if i meet someone nice i try being friends with them and talking to them externally. but, that's like 2% of the interactions and the overwhelming majority of threads are, well, ugh.....
>well... I'm here for a reason, aren't I? Precisely the same situation. Internet has always been my safe place (ironic knowing how this place is). I'm pretty clumsy. Genuinely too autistic. The only thing I can do is draw.
that's not true! i am sure you can do other things too. sometimes you look at yourself with a weird, harsh eye, bd anon. maybe you might be autistic, but don't think about yourself as a one dimensional human being. at the very least you can draw, sing and be nice to others, you are also hardworking and perseverant. i don't know much about you, but you also don't seem autistic to me. maybe it's because we are similar in this regard?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.