[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Art hot takes that you would never say in public?

I`ll start: Kim Jung Gi is not THAT good, also his books are way too expensive
>>
File: 1710816055647012.jpg (50 KB, 449x642)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>7129876
>in public
Let's be real OP you never go outside.
>>
>>7129876
>also his books are way too expensive
not a hot take.
>>
>>7129876
To achieve being a popular artist, you have to be attractive and actually have a good personality. skills comes in last.
>>
>>7129932
This is true, I want to suck Alex Ross' caucasian cock because he's so charming.
>>
>>7129932
you don't even know what most of the popular artists look like
>>
that's not a hot take. That's fact.
>best artists of our generation!
>all "artworks" look like a random collage of doodles that don't read as a thumbnail
he had a very poor sense of composition.
>>
>>7130023
Pretty easy to look up. Look jaidenanimations, the odd1sout, samdoesart, sr pelo, akane_ko. People know about them. Nobody cares or know about your favorite anime/league of legend fanartist. Personality and looks > skills. You can find more on others u mentioned on social media like tictok, insta, and so on.
>>
>>7130039
hes a fucking busker you find in the street. does a performative dance to impress passer bys while someone robs them and then charges them $20 for a shitty doodle. hes produced nothign of value in his entire life. no lasting work. nothing at a technical skill level or artistic. just ugly, grotesque deformities doodled out for degenerate smut images.
>>
>>7129876
Women shouldn't create art because they do not have a soul and they dilute the community by turning it into constant attention seeking
>>
>>7130068
Very true look at the state of this board for example

>>7129932
Not true unless youre Only talking about the social media artists in which case those people make shallow and vapid (((art))). It's more fitting to call their work; product. And I'm proved correct by googling the first few names mentioned by this anon

>>7129876
kim jung ji Is very good youre just upset with how much you see normies circulating his art now youre butthurt,
>>
File: kitty.jpg (1.32 MB, 2035x2048)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>7129876
>>
>>7130075
mostly talking about social media, but it's a lot worse for industry artist, because you get one chance basically to make it big and once you fail, you'll be stuck with grunt work forever.
>>
>>7130044
lalalalack, demizu posuka, ask, hungry clicker, umishima senbon, guweiz, zeen chin, they're all huge and no one knows what they look like. Also, you think people like Katsuya Terada and Murata got to where they are because of their looks? It really doesn't matter, I didn't even know Yoneyama Mai was a woman until recently
>>
>>7130121
Here>>7130096

Go outside of twitter and mention their name and no one will know who they are, but mention any of ones i said, people will easily know who they are anywhere else. Those people are nobodies outside of twitter/pixiv
>>
People who strongly hates artists like Kim Jung Gi can't draw that well and should quit art or resort to AI.
>>
>>7130138
you're absolutely delusional if you think someone will know samdoesart and not katsuya terada, and he's the only one I've heard of from your list
>>
>>7130157
Anon, you’re just being delusional now and live under a rock. The people I mentioned on the list are known outside their main platform, but the same can’t be said about yours. Put their names on the search engine on youtube, tiktok, insta, and see they won’t even show up. The only actual well known artist on your list is murata, despite i’m mainly talking about social media.
>>
>>7129876
Too many female artists draw themselves, or take selfies of themselves, and place it in their art gallery. We all know what they're doing - they're trying to gain popularity by reminding us that they're a woman, and it seems to work, unfortunately.

Just look at OP's pic, why did she need to be in frame too? There's far too many cases of this.
>>
>>7130257
If it works, it works. I'd probably do the same if I were an art hoe.
>>
>>7129876
"AI art" is just art
>>
on nvrmind i would say that in public
>>
Trying to teach yourself art is an effort in futility for most people
>>
>>7130068
Different genders attention seek in different ways.
>>
>>7130265
did you have a stroke in the middle of writing no?
>>
>>7130316
>you had a stroke in the middle of writing, no?
>did you have a stroke in the middle of writing "no"?
which one did you mean
>>
Fucking around with AI image generator is kind of fun.
>>
A buncha known artists have already started using AI for testing ideas, quick background, color picking and other shit like that. They just aren't retards so they don't get caught and just paint over it properly (me fr fr)
>>
File: 1.png (699 KB, 775x581)
699 KB
699 KB PNG
Shes not that cute we are just lonely
>>
>>7130090
lol
>>
>>7131469
>she
>>
>>7130356
Your work sucks tho ( I know)
>>
tomfoxdraws style is unappealing and his anatomy doesn't look good
>>
Proko is a good artist
>>
>>7131585
it's all empty, shallow meaningless garbage. Would anyone have given a fuck if KJG had done pencil underdrawings?
there's your answer normies
>>
When did /ic/ turn into a Kim Jung Gi hate circlejerk?

>Kim Jung Gi is not THAT good

Couldn’t disagree more. His perspective, anatomy, rendering, and form knowledge was amazing, made even better by how much of it was drawn from imagination. I understand it may not appeal to anons here because it was just a lot of “collage” based art, but to look at his work and think it’s not that good is bonkers to me
>>
>>7130044
The people you've mainly listed as popular are youtubers or highly attached to social media.
It would make more sense to say social media is the determining factor rather than attractiveness.

But I guess you need a reason to blame.
>>
>>7132156
>When did /ic/ turn into a Kim Jung Gi hate circlejerk?
When he died and got stickied and children who didn't know who he was got upset.
>Waaah He didn't make my favorite manga so he left nothing of value
>Noooo, his 1200 page comic doesn't count cos it's korean and not what he was known for outside korea
>>
>>7130295
Oh, do tell.
>>
>>7129876
She has big tits thick legs wids hips and probably a fat ass, my eyes are drawn to her rather than the mediocre clown zombie she made
>>
File: KJG doing Chainsaw noises.png (1.3 MB, 1920x1080)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>7129876
>Kim Jung Gi is not THAT good
I just watched a video of him "teaching" how to draw a human figure.
He doesn't use a preliminar drawing like shapes or form and he goes straight to contour.
He said that it took him from 10 to 13 years to reach that level, then what's the point of teaching that?
When he started doing chainsaw noises like a kid, I just closed the video right there.
>TLDR
>KJG's a terrible art teacher
>>
>>7129876
It's okay to hurt your fans. Your followers are your followers precisely because they are less than you. You're "special" and "important" to them, and that's how hierarchies work.

It's okay to isolate one and psychologically torture them from time to time. If you can drive a few of them to quit art entirely, even better. You've just offed some potential competition in the future.

Moebius knew this. Great artist. Great crab.
>>
>>7130257
Women instinctively know to objectify themselves because they are objects.
What incredible insight.
>>
>>7129876
Your opinion is shit but it's unlikely anyone would have any idea who KJG is anyways. Like most Gods, normal people have never heard of him.
>>
>>7132786
Men tend to attention seek by committing mass murder
>>
File: o1zlf4siznb81.jpg (1.07 MB, 4026x2961)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>7129876
Professional art jobs and the "industry" shouldn't exist. Neither should patreon.
If I have to have a miserable dead end job, everyone should.
>>
>>7130257
>why did she need to be in frame too

It increases their view counts and thus potential income by several orders of magnitude.
>>
>>7133133
Rundown of what Moebius did?
>>
>>7134620
He used to off his competition in various ways. When others came to him asking for advice, he gave bad advice on purpose, telling them things that were right were actually wrong, or ignoring massive problems deliberately. He withheld with the express intention to sabotage.
He did this especially to artists who he felt would surpass him eventually because he didn't want the competition.
Man was the original crab. Highly successful, yet also depressed, cynical, narcissistic, and generally disliked by those who worked with him.
>>
>>7134556
The view count would be even higher if she was completely naked.
>>
>>7133133
all men are brothers actually, this makes reactionaries like you seethe.
>>
File: 1694445242173052.gif (483 KB, 160x176)
483 KB
483 KB GIF
>>7131469
She???
HE!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>7131508
>>7135070

When i donate enough im gonna get to try her awesome pussy and prove you guys wrong, you`ll see
>>
File: file.png (1008 KB, 802x1060)
1008 KB
1008 KB PNG
>>7130039
> draws everything with ink large scale so you assume he has bad composition
> actually has really good composition and shape design

that pic you posted is like you picked his worst most generic shit I couldn't even find a worse piece he did, and forwhatever reason you defined him by it.
he bodied the fuck out of jim lee in an art show in his own genre, think that says enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97iIHTGP1uw
>>
>>7129876
Fun with a pencil is a terrible book, and I will gladly say it in public.
>>
>>7129876
Beginner artists should be shamed more to spare everyone of their dk effect ridden minds/art
>>
>>7129887
Good one! This would be top comment if 4chan was good and had up votes like reddit!
>>
>>7129876
Calling yourself an "artist" is
cringe unless a reasonable amount of people agree you're one first.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.