[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Should I buy an iPad for art? I want to draw at work during down time, as well as without a PC. Is there any better alternative?
>>
>>7130052
>I want to draw at work during down time, as well as without a PC.
uh...get a sketchbook?
>>
>>7130065
I want to use CSP and other digital art tools.
>>
>>7121775
>>
>>7130069
i bought a tablet for the same reason thinking my lifetime csp would transfer over but the nips are secret omega jews and only offer a monthly subscription on tablets, check out whatever software you plan on using before buying
>>
>>7130136
you can use csp for free, just take screenshot of your work
>>
File: 1647402643774.jpg (15 KB, 327x324)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>7130193
>>
>>7130052
>Is there any better alternative?
No, the iPad really is as good as everyone says it is. All of the major tablet manufacturers offer a mobile option, they run Android or Windows, but I haven't heard of any that match the iPad's quality. The biggest iPad complaint I've heard is that drawing on a glass screen feels weird, so try and find a store that lets you demo it first.
>>
>>7130196
im doin it. just crop out the ui
>>
>>7130052
I would go for tab S9 Fe, it is cheaper and for just drawing you don't really need that much, but if money is no problem, sure go ahead.
>>
>>7130517
>money
I'm definitely buying a refurbished/used one over eBay, so no issues there. I know a guy who can replace the screen for me for free (maybe, if I catch him in the right mood), so I'm considering one that's like $200 without a screen. Maybe I can fix it up for cheap/nothing.

>>7130136
I'll try Procreate then. I'm pretty sure that's a one time purchase.
>>
>>7130206
>dawing on a glass screen feels weird
It does, but using a matte screen protector solves that. Unfortunately you have to sacrifice some screen quality but it's not a big deal.

>>7131338
Check out ASP as well. I bought both but mainly use Artstudio now. IMO Procreate's only so popular because Apple shills it.
>>
>>7131342
Procreate is good only if you know how to configure it not like a noob.
>>
>>7130052
Yes Samsung tablets. They have Krita and Wacom tech. Procreate is overrated as hell.
>>
>>7130206
>but I haven't heard of any that match the iPad's quality.
Xp pen magic drawing pad, hiion kamvas studio 16, and wacom mobilestudio all shit on the iPad.
>>
not op but what ipad do i even buy? i definitely want one that supports the gen 2 pencil
>>
>>7133335
Get a pro. According to google 3rd gen is the oldest pro model that supports the gen 2 pencil. Buy the best model you can afford for better cpu, don't worry too much about storage space (you can just encrypt you chit and put it on cloud storage). I bought new but definitely look at the used market.
>>
>>7133805
>you chit
your shit*
Also make sure you get a 12.9. The other one would feel too small to draw on imo
>>
>>7130069
>>7130136
is CSP the best app? is it worth buying? ive been using PaintTool SAI for the last year.
>>
>>7133808

I kinda regret giving away my 10 inch ipad. It was actually perfect and it was only $10 per month for internet. I didn’t need a cell phone, it did everything I need.
>>
>>7136138
idk about the best but its extremely convenient and easy to use, never really gets in my way, you can easily customize it a bit and its decently popular so any problems likely can be solved with google where when i was using pirated photoshop i wanted to kill myself and the complaints i had were only echoed and ignored online. fuck photoshop dogshit garbage faggotry i will never ever again in my motherfucking life use adobe trash and will actively antagonize people who do. fucking cretin scum adobeniggers could not pay me to even be neutral on the topic FUCK PHOTOSHOP, IF YOU USE PHOTOSHOP, DIE.

but yeah csp is pretty good, i would wait for a sale though. buy the cheapest perpetual license you can unless you wanna seriously animate, they limit frames on the cheap versions
>>
>>7130052
iPads are only worth buying used.
>>
>>7130052
>I want to draw at work
>Is there any better alternative?
I feel bad about hobbyists they wanna draw all the time but their wagie cage won't let them.
>>
>>7131852
>Xp pen magic drawing pad
No tilt support, noticeable latency (60 Hz screen), almost 3x less bright, that shits on the iPad? They didn't even fix the cursor offset issue until a few days ago. Fuck off.
>>
artist ipad are like $200 might be worth it who has a older model here?
>>
>>7141049
>artist ipad are like $200
wut
>>
i bought an ipad for procreate and i like it. i had been using csp for years and after trying a couple different kinds of tablets i tried moving away from drawing on my computer completely and i'm able to focus better because my computer has so many things to distract me from drawing and the ui is less clunky. it depends on the person though but it's worth trying at least.
>>
>>7130052
high end galaxy tabs shit all over itoys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.