[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Imagine you hate a lackluster 4th generation video game mascot so much that you as an artist make a parody of them thats depressed, washed up and trans.

Imagine you make this representation of the character so much a part of who you are as an artist that you develop an derangement from it and further more you yourself because trans, have a breakdown, delete tons of you'd work from the internet, and when you come back you do the same shit for Sonic satAM.

Sqrlyjack has become that washed up, depressed, trans parody of Bubsy they originally created.

I will never understand why artists like this just self-implode on themselves when they had so much potential.

(Not meant as a target of the artist, just a criticism. Also wasn't sure if this was the appropriate board.)
>>
literally who also this reads like a lolcow thread
>>
>>7134455
Artists tend to implode because most artists are mentally ill. This has been backed by numerous studies.

There's a 'sweet spot' of mental illness when it comes to creativity. Too much crazy, and one can't sustain themselves. They disintegrate, burn out, or self destruct. Not enough crazy, and they aren't obsessive enough to persevere, or lack the creative spark to make anything interesting.

Looking at this... person's... art, I'm pretty sure this is just another case of too much crazy.

Where does the crazy come from? Blame the universe. We don't know. No one really knows why our genes and tendencies have been mixed and matched in the way they have been. It's just the law of nature.
>>
>>7134455
Definitely would
>>
>>7134455
Buy an ad
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zip2vD-oGto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNeMCZnhfTc
the more you know
>>
>>7134657
Hell yeah I love this highschool drama shit.
>>
>>7134458
>This has been backed by numerous studies.
like we need a study to prove something self evident. We don’t need studies to prove that the sky is blue
>>
>>7134458
>>7134745
I read the one that said artists are functionally gambling addicts who cope by believing they could still "win" after they're dead.
>>
>>7134788
what a horrid comparison. that’s like saying playing sports is gambling hoping you get to a major league.
of course some scientist yahoo or whoever makes studies would say something like that
>>
>>7134657
and know what, does it matter
>>
>>7134874
Cautionary tales. These types of artists are cautionary tales.
>>
>>7134455
>>7134657
I've seen this flavor of art schizo so many times it's not even interesting anymore. Wake me up when he does something retarded IRL, discord troons are so 2018.
>>
>>7134890
Yea after studying christory i can't bring myself to care about these c list lolcows
>>
>>7134455
you mother fucker I'm getting flashbacks to the really REALLY shitty space funeral mod that this person made like 6 years ago. I wanted those memories to stay buried, but now I wonder if I can even find the download link to that thing again.
>>
>>7134657
All I know about Bubsy is Ulilillia
>>
>>7134455
>parody of Bubsy
you said it was a squirrel, so maybe its a parody of the ami the amiga mascot.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.