[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What exactly makes JJK character designs so boring, simplistic and generic in comparison to most other shounen?
>>
>>7135756
Dropped it after the second episode. It's just so bad
>>
>>7135756
half of the characters are wearing the same outfit. the author is trying to rip off bleach but doesn't realize that bleach was just kubo coming up with constant excuses to draw new forms and outfits
>>
>>7135758
It's not a bad show. I gave it a chance and it was pretty well animated and the story is decent. Don't drop shows that quickly. I can't count how many times I thought about dropping a show midway the first episode but stick around until 2 to 3 episodes and it actually gets low key good.

Also I watched it in dub. The dub is good. So if you found it boring in the sub, try the dub and you might enjoy it better.
>>
File: Guiness.png (1.07 MB, 617x1029)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>7135756
>JJK character designs so boring, simplistic and generic in comparison to most other shounen?
Probably the fact that most normies don't care about character design beyond a certain point.
Remember that clown girl? her design is simple, boring and generic too yet we saw her everywhere for months because it's effective.
Gojo design is simple but iconic and that's all you need to get fujos wet.
>>
File: Vivziepop.png (104 KB, 640x360)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>7135781
>because it's effective.
I mean look at Vivziepop character designs.
They're garbage, but effective at reaching her target audience (edgy teen girls and womenchildren on Tumblr & Twitter)
>>
>>7135781
>her design is simple,
correct
>boring and generic
incorrect
>>
>>7135756
I watched this and kept getting confused about who was who
>>
>>7135756
Panda and Maki's sister are the worst. So fucky lazy and lame powers too.
>>
>>7135756
im just saying Perfect Cell could probably solo all of JJK
>>
>>7135772
>the author is trying to rip off bleach but doesn't realize that bleach was just kubo coming up with constant excuses to draw new forms and outfits
Kubo didn't even need power up excuses, any time characters were in plainsclothes they had an entirely different outfit, and most chapter covers were another excuse for him to come up with even more designs, unlike every other shonen where every character has their designated identical uniform they always wear.
>>
>>7135790
There's also not many things that look like that in animation so the market it's not saturated.
>>
>>7135756
Boring clothing design, gay anorexic zoomer bodytype for the men, safe horny female designs (not out of fear of political correctness but because the author is a homosexual), flabby fatass panda.
>>
>>7136392
no shit pandas are supposed to be fat
>>
>>7136395
But fat in the same way strongmen or a sumo fighter are with muscle mass beneath, this just looks like the body of a obese inflamed neckbeard overdosing on high-fructose corn syrup and seed oils
>>
>>7135756
There's no variety
Everyone looks same
Mix them with npc character and you can't tell the difference
>>
>>7135772
ye thought that the designs looked like worse versions of bleach
>>
If you've watched Naruto, Bleach, Pokemon, Yu gi oh, Dragon Ball, or One Piece; you don't have to touch any other shounen
>>
>>7136311
>Perfect Cell could probably solo all of JJK
Any DBZ character that can blow up the planet can solo JJK characters.
>Muh infinity + six eyes
Gojo would die in space.
>>
>>7135810
>generic
>incorrect
Nigga if you ever watched old CGI cartoons and even anime then you will see that TADC is extremely generic.
>>
>>7136576
>old CGI cartoons and even anime
The TADC plot is a rip-off of Popee the Performer, a Japanese 3D CGI-animated anime from 2000, but edgier.
You can throw Undertale, FNAF and other cringe games from the 2010s for a "modern appeal" and you create TADC.
Pomni design is basically a Mario RPG clown but female and her personality is Kobeni.
>>
File: ptp.jpg (18 KB, 480x404)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>7136581
>Popee the Performer
There's also a heavy influence from old live action shows like Twin Peaks.
>>
File: ptp.jpg (23 KB, 480x360)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>7136584
>Popee the Performer
They should remake this, it's a lot more surreal and bizarre than The Amazing Digital Circus.
>>
File: Pomni as Popee.jpg (32 KB, 466x658)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>7136584
>>7136591
It would appeal to indie horror fags.
>>
>>7136581
>Pomni design is basically a Mario RPG clown but female and her personality is Kobeni.
My bad I meant Mario 3D.
>>
>>7135810
>>7136576
irrelevant anyways. shit's cringe af and gay
>>
>>7135756
I feel like these designs were scientifically formulated to appeal to bland zoomers
>>
>>7137417
This
>>
>>7135756
I just finished this show 3 days ago ,i like it ,sure it has so many flows like killing off the emo dude in the first season desoite showing him in the opening ,the second arc of the first season was shit like introducing uninteresting characters,bad animation/fighting and cringey dialogue ,and some episodes of the shibuya arc were mediocre my favourite arc was the gojo prequel so far,but can someone explain to me why 99.99% of the fanbase are no older than 16? Why almost everyone who loves this show is a zoomer?
>>
>>7137435
Majority of the fanbase is horny 20 year old women
>>
>>7137465
And 14-16 yo black zoomers
>>
Dropped this after 14 episodes. It's average at best, not "PEAK FICTION" like so many zoomers claim even with the good animation. Why should I care about muh sakuga when I don't give a shit about the characters doing it or the story?
>>
>>7135756
Considering that people pick it up for the character design (mainly Gojo) and even imitate characters, I have to disagree.
It matches the setting, it’s a school so obviously the students are going to look the same.
The teachers look different.
>>
>>7135756
It's a fujoshit bait for the most part.
>>
>>7138078
>Why should I care about muh sakuga when I don't give a shit about the characters doing it or the story?
because Kugisaki is a SEXOOOOOOOO hottie
mmmmm tight girly tomboy hick pussy! FUUUUUUUUUCK she's just crazy and bad enough without crossing the line
>>
>>7135756
Its set in modern day society and the mangaka has decided to go with plain and simple designs instead of going the JoJo direction in which the characters look like they walked off of some fashion runway show
>>
>>7135772
Why does all the gotei 13 look so much better than any of the jjk sorceres though theyre both wearing uniform
>>
>>7135756
Gege doesn’t know about the silhouette rule
>>
>>7142361
This

not every show needs the jojo treatment

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.