[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: RED.png (6 KB, 399x398)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>I made an upscale of the pokemon red sprite.

>and a copypasta enjoy:
There's just this "coolness" inherent in gen 1 that was never quite touched upon. The anime paints Red as "Ash" who, despite literally one event of saving his pikachu on bike, literally never grows as a person. Other than he is pretty much the most extroverted person ever. Red is silent.

all of RBY is just one INTROVERT dismantling Team Rocket while dominating entirely through his actions. Contrast this with BLUE. Blue is pretty much every incel/mad lad/ douchebag you've ever known. He never rises to the occasion and blames everybody but himself. While he isn't perfect, it's fairly obvious, that BLUE/GARY has it all compared to RED. He has a sister, a renowned grandfather and...no parents? He wants to prove everything and is ultimately jealous you still have your mother, but no father? Why is this never expanded upon?

Oh yeah childrens game. sorry. I just felt like BLUE's attitude vs RED's teached you a lot about how some people are so insecure and that its infinitely better to be a person who speaks by action. That's what POCKET MONSTERS is to me. I always treasured the manga's style, but red is silent. Which is a difficult manga to make.

Down to Gold/Silver, Red's weight is felt through his silence, after being defeated and becoming champion, he just leaves.

POKEMON is about growing up and learning to deal with the way the world works, and even if you must ultimately battle your lesser animal friends to death, you can still make moral decisions. Maybe after becoming champion, Red just releases his pokemon back into the wild or something, fully encompassing a deeper lesson. Even though you manage to always be ONE GYM BEHIND GARY, the only theory I have is this:

The guy that calls you champ in the making?
That's your dad who left keeping an eye on you.
>>
not pixel art
>>
>>7136201
>REAL PIXEL ART THREAD
>I made an upscale
u wot
>>
File: RED BLUE.png (13 KB, 868x537)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
nvm i hate you all

>>7136205
i drew over the sprite. IM TRYING TO follow as closely to the original sprite and Ken sugimoris art as a guidepost.
>>
drawing low res isn't pixel art. pixel art is using individual pixels to make the art, where changing a single pixel can have drastic effects.
>>
File: RED BLUE OAK.png (18 KB, 884x1040)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>7136245

It's more or less using the guided principles of pixel art, low color count, readibility, chibi and ultimately if i remake every tile you know what I'll have? A decent hack methinks.
>>7136202
i used to be a pixel artist, i just FINE ITS NOT PIXEL ART ITS ITS OWN THING

heres oak
>>
>>7136257
Then it's not pixel art its a weird upscale thing
If you aren't placing each pixel then it's not really pixel art, you're just using a low resolution brush or something
>>
>>7136201
>>7136240
>>7136257
Well, it may or not not be pixel art (it's not), I think the drawings are cute anon. Keep it up. Don't let the no-draws' crying bring you down.
>>
Cool art, and nice pasta.
>>
File: 🌆-pixilart.png (14 KB, 100x100)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>7136201
>>
>>7136686
you can use emojis in filenames?
>>
>>7136201
>REAL PIXEL ART THREAD
>posts a drawing
let me say this first, it looks nice
but let me also ask: are you clinically retarded?
>>
File: SHOWCASE.gif (110 KB, 309x156)
110 KB
110 KB GIF
some rough player sprites I made
>>
>>7136752
Cute, I really like the look of the glasses!
>>
File: 🗿.png (252 KB, 1200x1600)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>7136695
>>
>>7136201
M1nty? Is that you?
>>
What's a decent pixel art app for android phones?
>>
>>7136752
blog??
>>
>>7136201
thats quite the invented head canon for blue there. and after all that fuss about how red /= ash, you treat blue as gary.
>>
>>7138297
Dotpict
>>
File: Ari battle stance 4.png (6 KB, 640x690)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
Well first time posting here, this is a character i play on a D&D campaign
>>
>>7136201
I like pixel art, the minimalism of it all really makes you get into the nitty gritty of shape language.
>>
File: prison girl.png (313 KB, 1053x1339)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
im a noob on pixelart, im trying to make a game, idk how to translate a design very well to pixelart. her hair kinda looks retarded to me, so i think im gonna change the entire design of her hair, or keep it but try to draw the sprite in a less retarded way

>>7136752
looks really cute anon.
>>
>>7136752
Some good work anon
>>
File: unknown-2.png (11 KB, 400x222)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
i luv making lil spritey sprites
>>
>>7136686
GOOD ISOMETRICS PALETTE SIZE AND CONCEPT AT 100X100 IT GETS A 8/10 FROM ME ANON I WILL EDIT ONE TINY BOX RELATED ASPECT WHEN I GET HOME!!!

>>7136752
MOUSE WITCH IS CUTE CUTE CUTE I WOULD EDIT THE WALK CYCLE SOME TRY LOOKING AT SUPER MARIO WORLD RUN C CYCLE SPRITES PERHAPS???
SO FAR SO GOOD WILL ALSO CONSIDER EDITING WHEN I GET HOME 6/10

>>7136757
DOPE LIMITED PALETTE MAOI DUDE ROCK ON 7/10 I WOULD CONSIDER SMOOTHING IT OUT TO LOOK MORE LIKE PIXEL ART LIKE PIC RELATED https://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/54911.htm

>>7138974
NICE I LIKE THE LACK OF OUTLINE KEEP IT UP! 4/10 BEGINNER

>>7138999
NICE TRIPS EXCELLENT DRAWING AND GOOD PIXEL ART! I WILL CONSIDER EDITING THIS 5/10

>>7142241
EXCELLENT MID TIER YOU DEFINITELY GOT A GOOD SENSE OF WHAT SPRITES SHOULD LOOK LIKE 7/10
>>
>>7138999
maybe try to shrink the reference image and see how parts of the drawing keep its shape on a small resolution and replicate it
>>
>>7142334
>https://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/54911.htm

great ref ty fren
>>
File: snwmn.png (21 KB, 640x400)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
How do I make snow look like snow? Or transition a gradient smoother?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.